+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 121
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: It has to be said -- PvP Guilds are Dodging premade WF's

  1. #61
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    I dunno man i kinda feel like your being a hypocrite here. You premade with 4 other people who are all r80 have r80 weapons and are probaly max pvp PA cap to. I just dont know man you say they just want to stomp pugs but when you premade with slash and wreck them isnt that what you guys are doing most of the time to?? You guys stack r80s and roll pugs than come on these forums saying how you want competition how there isnt any well how about you stop the premading bs and solo que. Try and be apart of a pug that beats a premade ive been apart of many pugs that beat premades there is great challenges in it and is very fun.

    I dont see the fun in stacking a bunch of r80s with r80 weapons rolling people, but than again i have no respect for premades anyway.

    You do realize that our group just recently got our warlord gear, i just got my 4 pc maybe a week ago
    I was doing and requesting premades way before that, you have no idea what you're talking about as usual.
    i also have 500 pa experience...I've never had full pa in this game and most likely will not for a very long time.
    We never get a premade together to specifically pug stomp, we get a group together because we see other groups queing and are trying to catch them, sometimes we end up in a 5s against pugs because as soon as the other premade sees us, they stop queing.
    If we do end up against pugs we aend the match quickly if possible with objectives because pug stomping isn't fun.
    i'd take a real premade vs my premade any day over pug stomping and that's the entire point of this thread

  2. #62
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Looks like I am missing all the fun while stuck here in the PVP server called Afghanistan. I will be home in two months for two weeks trying to get my WL gear.

    But my GF wants to go to Cancun for a week so looks like I will be behind everyone still.

  3. #63
    Champion of Telara Mire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    Looks like I am missing all the fun while stuck here in the PVP server called Afghanistan. I will be home in two months for two weeks trying to get my WL gear.

    But my GF wants to go to Cancun for a week so looks like I will be behind everyone still.
    YOLO on that server, be safe.

  4. #64
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    1. When you werent r80 no one else was either. Neat that. There aren't that many people r80 and since you are guess what that means? You're whole point there is mute. Need I explain why?

    2. For all your words there are not many people doing premades or of such a high ranking. I"m not the one with the problem nor was I part of the ones not fighting you guys. Thats your problem so if you don't want an explanation why or use your excuses to argue against anything I say despite how true or logical it is go right ahead. I'm not the one qq about this.

    3. There are so few players pvping in rift period you can't get a ranked premade consistently against various opponents. Take this up with Trion, not me. Its why you, the few at r80, are constantly trying to force set up premades into pugs. Again, not my problem, but I answered why there is a problem.

    4. Game wasn't built around small scale 5's. The smaller the scale the more it shows the only builds you really want to take in pvp. Nice you tried changing like 2-3 builds. Again for optimization there is a current main setup, unless of course Trion actually wants to try balancing, which they don't. Why do you think they are so against small scale battles? Take a wild guess and think about balance at the same time. I'll simply laugh if you tell me they actually take 1% of their time to think about the pvp balance in their pve game. Lower battles = glaringly the best builds. I put an s there but its hardly needed so could just be best build.

    Not against small scale pvp but would rather see more balance before that happens or you WILL see qq or no one even bothering to do arenas. Probably most pitiful showing in-game and same builds over and over and over. You might change 1 or 2 out but not really. Game would need some deep looking into class wise or you'd simply find yourself facing another team exactly like you. Neat. Game's lure is its variety of builds for most people. Currently any arena type would pigeonhole each team into a very similar setup for optimization. You could just say well play for fun, but then again I can say the same thing for the guys not wanting to get wiped by a full r80 team so go for it.

    Plenty of people were p80 before me, i'm so far behind, i just got my 4 pc a week ago...

    There are a good amount of people doing premades, the entire thread is a complaint about people doing premades but avoiding other premades...

    Some people just like smaller scale pvp, that's our preference, even if you think the game isn't built around 5s, it's how some of us enjoy it and some of us choose to try specs and adapt to the small scale challenges
    My point was the only way to get better is to continually premade and to use the fact someone is "just unbeatable" is just an excuse, when we first started premades i had no idea what i was doing and nethier did yoke, we worked together and adapted and are still learning, i'm saying others are too lazy to learn and too quick to qq that someone else is unbeatable so they prefer pug stomping.
    I think you're under the impression that we want to 5s just to stomp people with ours 4 pc and you're mistaken, i was doing 5s before i got warlord gear, i'm doing 5s now with low pa compared to others and i have no interest in just rolling over people, i just find competition enjoyable and to be honest the most fun i've had doing 5s in this game was against daddyfatsac, yoke, gold, zekken and thiuss and they were winning but i enjoyed it because we had to work for it and that is so much more fun than stomping pugs, i just wish other premades shared the same opinion i do
    Last edited by slash_wrists; 04-08-2013 at 12:02 AM.

  5. #65
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slash_wrists View Post
    Plenty of people were p80 before me, i'm so far behind, i just got my 4 pc a week ago...

    There are a good amount of people doing premades, the entire thread is a complaint about people doing premades but avoiding other premades...

    Some people just like smaller scale pvp, that's our preference, even if you think the game isn't built around 5s, it's how some of us enjoy it and some of us choose to try specs and adapt to the small scale challenges
    My point was the only way to get better is to continually premade and to use the fact someone is "just unbeatable" is just an excuse, when we first started premades i had no idea what i was doing and nethier did yoke, we worked together and adapted and are still learning, i'm saying others are too lazy to learn and too quick to qq that someone else is unbeatable so they prefer pug stomping.
    I think you're under the impression that we want to 5s just to stomp people with ours 4 pc and you're mistaken, i was doing 5s before i got warlord gear, i'm doing 5s now with low pa compared to others and i have no interest in just rolling over people, i just find competition enjoyable and to be honest the most fun i've had doing 5s in this game was against daddyfatsac, yoke, gold, zekken and thiuss and they were winning but i enjoyed it because we had to work for it and that is so much more fun than stomping pugs, i just wish other premades shared the same opinion i do
    sigh. So plenty of people r80 so why the problem getting any premades or any challenging groups. Sigh.

    No problem with competition. I did explain why you guys have a hard time finding anyone to fight. You just want to keep saying lots of people at r80 before you. Why can everyone pretty much name the r80s? This is silly.

    Let me be blunt. No there are not a lot of r80s. You are one of the few actually at r80. The average pvp playerbase is probably just getting to around 70. The playerbase is small, hence why it so hard to find good competition.

  6. #66
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    sigh. So plenty of people r80 so why the problem getting any premades or any challenging groups. Sigh.

    No problem with competition. I did explain why you guys have a hard time finding anyone to fight. You just want to keep saying lots of people at r80 before you. Why can everyone pretty much name the r80s? This is silly.

    Let me be blunt. No there are not a lot of r80s. You are one of the few actually at r80. The average pvp playerbase is probably just getting to around 70. The playerbase is small, hence why it so hard to find good competition.
    i'm saying i wasn't rank 80 when people refused to do premades so that is not a valid point.

    Since i just want to pvp, any premade that wants to premade after this, just tell me what gear level you have and i'll take some pieces of my gear off until you feel we have even stats, now what's the next excuse?

  7. #67
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Finding a good team that can work together at a top notch level > finding 5 r80s with reasonable calling make-up.

    In performance and difficulty of obtaining.

    Which based on my experience from FPS days, this game doesn't promote much of a thing where teams can get a good synergy. FPS clan matches had rosters of teams who fought together for months, years sometimes. I got to the point with some of my FPS buddies where we didn't even need to speak when 2 v 2'ing. We just knew what the other was doing before we looked.

    Point is, since there isn't a strongly promoted 5 v 5 thing, or much incentive (player made ladders, game carrots etc) there isn't really an atmosphere where teams are in it to compete with others and start to really learn each other. I always laughed at this old clan match because it was a fairly notorious 'newb' team going up against one of the games best teams. The 'newb' team refused to bend to the others strategy and positioning and were able to work together and cream a match against the pro's.

    Skill is great and for MMO's comp is great. But people almost give no merit to real team work and synergistic team mates. So aye, just get tired hearing about gear, raw comp make-ups etc. Every aspect helps and promotes what it does, but again, lots don't give merit to the teams who have solid leaders/directors and quality team work to the point where they hardly need to verbally communicate. Those are the teams that stomp.

    That is, imo, why Slashes team does very well. I see lots of team quite variable, but they have stuck with most of the same *players* at core and I am quite sure their ability to work together is going to trump their gear and make-up in the long run. They play good, when I ran up a team that beat them it boils down to what I said. We had 2 healers (who yes, one was sub rank 60, but a good one) who played together a lot and the DPS were very used to the healers style plus vice versa. We had a good comp, yes. It was the team direction and ultimate synergy imo that won it. You could have slapped an uncoordinated bunch in with our same specs and make-up. If they didn't have the direction and ability to read one another as we did, the measurable things (gear, ranks, specs) don't hold as much weight some think.

    TLR; there is no reason to suck or QQ. If you want to slap someone around, get friends, get good and make it happen.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-08-2013 at 01:53 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  8. #68
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slash_wrists View Post
    i'm saying i wasn't rank 80 when people refused to do premades so that is not a valid point.

    Since i just want to pvp, any premade that wants to premade after this, just tell me what gear level you have and i'll take some pieces of my gear off until you feel we have even stats, now what's the next excuse?
    You've never offered to fight me. I dont have an excuse because I never needed one. ??? You make that statement to about everyone. I'll fight you as-is r60 here wohoo

  9. #69
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I don't claim to be amazing, or even very good, but most of the time I can at least hold my own/help out, even in 5s. I started doing them when I was p60-something, with maybe 3-5 pieces of freelancer gear total. Even right now I've only barely finished getting my freelancer weapons and first piece of warlord gear (a belt). A lot of the people I play with and against were just getting p80 and full warlord gear when I had just hit level 60 (p50), and although they're certainly better than me, by no means am I completely left in the dust on the scoreboards.

    Gear is no excuse for your inability to play. Stop pretending that it is and maybe you'll actually be able to compete with those p80s one day.

  10. #70
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    I found the best way to avoid premades and dominate pvp with my op dps is to keep leveling warriors in just pvp.


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

  11. #71
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    They would send in one person to the WF to scope it out and see who they were facing. If it was us, none of the other 4 of them would take the WF queue.
    It's much easier than that...

    Put one of the people you refuse to play against on your friends list (or all of them.) Get your 5-man together, queue up, watch your friends list and see which WF your enemies are in, and if you're queue matches... don't go in, then queue up for everything BUT that one...

    This is nothing new... apparently happens WAY more often that you think since this is the first time you've noticed it. I've seen it happen for over ... a year?

  12. #72
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    It's much easier than that...

    Put one of the people you refuse to play against on your friends list (or all of them.) Get your 5-man together, queue up, watch your friends list and see which WF your enemies are in, and if you're queue matches... don't go in, then queue up for everything BUT that one...

    This is nothing new... apparently happens WAY more often that you think since this is the first time you've noticed it. I've seen it happen for over ... a year?
    oooh i see cordellia has found his way from Stat in codex, where he continually cast soothing stream on himself like a broken bot while taking no damage, refused to cleanse in warden because it was "down", apparently the 10 second cd cleanse is all that is available in warden...
    To grace us with his ever so wise presence, it's weird to see you actually doing something useful, thanks for the suggestions though

  13. #73
    Ascendant Landstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Id kinda like to have a go at slashs and wrecks premade. So long as they dont run that cookie cutter setup (what is it 2 clerics and 3 rogues?). I dont think we would win but it be fun to see how well we can do. My rig is in the shop atm ill message one of you when its out if you guys are game.

    Any advice on a setup would be appreciated.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

  14. #74
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slash_wrists View Post
    oooh i see cordellia has found his way from Stat in codex, where he continually cast soothing stream on himself like a broken bot while taking no damage, refused to cleanse in warden because it was "down", apparently the 10 second cd cleanse is all that is available in warden...
    To grace us with his ever so wise presence, it's weird to see you actually doing something useful, thanks for the suggestions though
    Does he play with kids that don't purge or interrupt as well?

    I SEE A PATTERN HERE


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

  15. #75
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Id kinda like to have a go at slashs and wrecks premade. So long as they dont run that cookie cutter setup (what is it 2 clerics and 3 rogues?). I dont think we would win but it be fun to see how well we can do. My rig is in the shop atm ill message one of you when its out if you guys are game.

    Any advice on a setup would be appreciated.
    2 clerics and 3 rogues, am i mistaken or is wreck a warrior?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts