Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Premade VS Multiboxer - FotM and Nuku upholding great justice

Default Premade VS Multiboxer - FotM and Nuku upholding great justice

We heard the cries of our pvp community brethrens that were victims of this notorious multiboxers farming pugs all day. so we formed a premade to fight him.

Here is a video of us fighting the multiboxer that has been plaguing the 55-59 bracket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLCw9y-FaF8

Group Comp:
    RB
    DOM (screws him up pretty badly.(arresting presense/ MB/TI, etc)
    SENT
    Defiler
    INQ

So after that Library we fought him again in BG, video is below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GWrDKJMV-s

So after that game, we met again in BG, unfortunately he recalled out and logged off shortly after.

So why did we spend 20 minutes farming the multiboxer?

Because we care about the pvp community( more than Trion). The 20 minutes he was in the BG with us, I’m sure the other lvl 55-59s were having a better time, having fights that are more fair.
    Yes we’re willing to go that deep, because we love you all, even if you’re keyboard turner, clicker, clerics who don’t cleanse, clerics that plays justicar, dps that pulls 50k dmg in 20 mins. <3

Batmire – farming multiboxers since 8th April 2013

Nerf fairy machine gun!

Thank you. I just leveled out of the 50-59 bracket, and fighting the multiboxer was no fun. Disintegrate was a one-shot kill. You know something is messed up when the top Kbs are 5 of the same person.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

In all honesty, it's fun but not that impressive. Whenever I'd see a multiboxer I'd just know we got an easy game. Link me up and let me drop my Bladedancer BS all over their nice close knit box of toons (still works without a pocket heal, just can't be as ballsy). I still don't get this sentiment that boxers improve the team they are on. IME, the team with the box is the one that has the disadvantage. Especially now as they are improving AoE quality again. Any soul that can AoE can basically singlehandedly destroy a box if they get healed. That is assuming nobody else is helping.

This is silly though, this is no justice or lack of action from Trion. Can this community get the EULA/ToS through their head? It's like kids in Junior year who still don't understand the school actually has a code of conduct that lays out what you can and can't do. Sorry everyone thinks you shouldn't be able to do this, it is allowed and it is only justice in your eyes or others who agree. To echo, I welcome boxers. A pocket healer makes it a blast, without one it is still pretty easy to mess them up.

This is silly though, a video and full premade to kill a box team? I just hundred blades them in the face. It isn't some act of finesse that requires great tact and skill. /shrug. I know I'd have better things to than fight some vendetta with a boxer who can be dismantled by a solid duo with a full blown premade of friends.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-07-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Christmas came early. Now will someone 5v5 us....were bored as you can see.

/<3 FoTM

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    In all honesty, it's fun but not that impressive. Whenever I'd see a multiboxer I'd just know we got an easy game. Link me up and let me drop my Bladedancer BS all over their nice close knit box of toons (still works without a pocket heal, just can't be as ballsy). I still don't get this sentiment that boxers improve the team they are on. IME, the team with the box is the one that has the disadvantage. Especially now as they are improving AoE quality again. Any soul that can AoE can basically singlehandedly destroy a box if they get healed. That is assuming nobody else is helping.
    I do agree that boxers are not a problem, and definitely add a large disadvantage to their team, I don't think it's that easy to beat them without some coordination which you aren't gonna find unless you're not qing solo. When you've got people running in 1 by 1 and getting globalled by whatever ridiculous instant spammable nuke the boxer is using (of which there are way too many in Rift) you're unlikely to get in a position where you can throw down some AoE since he'll just tab global you the moment you approach.

I think the easiest way to deal with them in a pug is simply to tell your team to avoid them and go after other objectives on the map, it's simple math that due to the boxer there's always going to be 5 toons committed to one part of the map which will allow your team to brute force other objectives.

This is just what I needed with my morning coffee

I think BG gave me the most chuckles with the pet tactics employed lmao.

Buff multiboxers.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

I like it! My opinion is that I should be able to play all my toons at once without having to grease Trion's palm. Unfortunately they see things differently.
    Last edited by Bodicca; 04-07-2013 at 01:44 PM.

the conditions of this exercise fail to achieve the desired result

we made him rage quit sooner than we expected, i don't know what you're talking about.

i hoped this video showed how 1 dom can effectively shut down the multiboxer with arresting presense, you can see the multiboxer almost going for derz (zekken) everytime.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post

So why did we spend 20 minutes farming the multiboxer

Because rift has so few premades or pvpers that was the only premade you kept running into. Also nice group makeup. I never would have guessed it would be dom, defiler, sent, rb, x random dps class.

Its like when the few r80 players playing the obvious builds (see above) win over and over again vs lower ranked, less geared people. Not enough good players in the game.

Edit: multiboxing is dumb
    Last edited by Wrastion; 04-07-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    x random dps class.
    x = purgebot Inq or MM
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Because rift has so few premades or pvpers that was the only premade you kept running into. Also nice group makeup. I never would have guessed it would be dom, defiler, sent, rb, x random dps class.

Its like when the few r80 players playing the obvious builds (see above) win over and over again vs lower ranked, less geared people. Not enough good players in the game.

Edit: multiboxing is dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    x = purgebot Inq or MM
    It's actually 1 sent + 1 def + 3. One must have purge, one must have spammable cc of some sort.

I imagine if you really wanted to you could replace a sent with a chloro.

Dom and BM are probably the best at the CC role. NBRS can do this too.
    Archon, BM and MM are the best at the purging role, but Inq can do this too.

It's not as static as you think it is. The only thing that is close to required is defiler, even then you can use a cabfiler hybrid since it's the links, not the healing, that is required from defiler.

Pulling it off is another story all together.
    Last edited by Valnak; 04-07-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Got his ***.

GG guys
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast