+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: cq lag

Soulwalker

Default cq lag

first cq yesterday and total lag ....is there a rig that can handle cq numbers without lag ? or does everyone have constant and total lag in cq? what can be done other than changing particles etc? ...looking for excuse for new rig but not sure if it is a rig issue or if it always occurs with that many toons in one zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasusknight View Post
    first cq yesterday and total lag ....is there a rig that can handle cq numbers without lag ? or does everyone have constant and total lag in cq? what can be done other than changing particles etc? ...looking for excuse for new rig but not sure if it is a rig issue or if it always occurs with that many toons in one zone.

I just upgraded to a i7 3770k with a 670 evga FTW card and can run CQ At full settings and get no lag what so ever, don't even have to overclock the cpu. ( have a SSD also, not sure if that would make a difference with CQ lag)

Was running a 3 year old amd CPU and CQ killed it lol.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotix View Post
    I just upgraded to a i7 3770k with a 670 evga FTW card and can run CQ At full settings and get no lag what so ever, don't even have to overclock the cpu. ( have a SSD also, not sure if that would make a difference with CQ lag)

tyvm this is enough of an excuse to get my new rig

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

I run Rift with the following stats:

- i7 3770k OC@ 4.6Ghz
    Running with an antec kuhler 920 - it gets the job done
    - 32GB of DDR3-1600 ram.
    A lot of the time, i'm already using 24GB of it (Virtual Machines for testing!)
    - AMD xfx 6870 GPU.
    This GPU is starting to show its age, but it has shown its promise for Rift. I plan on upgrading it over to a GTX680 in the coming months.
    - OCZ-VERTEX3 (128GB)
    Rift runs on its own independent SSD along with my other games that I play from time to time. It's a noticeable speed difference from the platter drives.
    With the aforementioned, Rift can run CQ decently now. However, when it comes down to the core, the game will still lag to hell and back. Talking going from 40FPS in CQ down to 3 to 5FPS tops during "epic combat". If you have specs with just DPS or healing only, the lag won't be as noticeable. However, if you have a spec with DPS and healing combined, you will notice a TON of FPS lag. Well, from what I have observes over the year anyways.
    Last edited by bctrainers; 04-07-2013 at 05:27 AM.

CQ has been laggy since it was first released. Devs said they knew there was a problem on their end, have tried to fix it...but can't.

It's really frustrating, especially when trying to heal.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    CQ has been laggy since it was first released. Devs said they knew there was a problem on their end, have tried to fix it...but can't.

It's really frustrating, especially when trying to heal.
    There is one instance in CQ where there is abnormal lag, which is all server side. That occurs when more than 100 people in different portions of the zone are beating the daylights out of multiple extractors. There is noticeable damage delays and healing "bursting" going on. It's fairly annoying, but have grown accustomed to it.
    --BC

Rift Disciple

Sadly lag is a strong tool in playing conquest. A team doesn't need to have any skill, just out lag the other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotix View Post

I have a i7 3930k and 2 670 ftws in sli. I get major lag!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasusknight View Post
    tyvm this is enough of an excuse to get my new rig
    It's not an excuse, because its not true. See my post

Quote Originally Posted by Kasin View Post
    A team doesn't need to have any skill, just out lag the other teams.
    Pretty accurate.. Or just have the most people spamming the most aoe and hope that of the 40people you can see some of them are healers.
    Last edited by Keota; 04-08-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

I bought my PC in 2010 and it runs CQ fine. It's pretty average/below average for todays market now.

Any respectable gaming machine with a user who knows the right graphic options to tweak should have no issues with lag in this game. You will get moments of low frame rates, but it shouldn't be stopping in many ways.

/shrug

Like seriously, give me your guys nice rigs so someone can utilize it properly. I'm sporting 3 year old stuff and people with far better rigs are complaining about lag. L2PC.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-08-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

It's ok if your faction wipes another faction due to lag, Exxy will be there to claim the credit for the win <3<3

Quote Originally Posted by lilstev24 View Post
    I have a i7 3930k and 2 670 ftws in sli. I get major lag!
    Well maybe you got bummed on your gear with suspect chips, I live in NZ and run with a ping of 200+ and it don't lag with that either. I've got no reason to lie lol. To name 2 peeps that have the 3770k the B and L from ABL run them or beer has something similar.

/shrug

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I bought my PC in 2010 and it runs CQ fine. It's pretty average/below average for todays market now.

Any respectable gaming machine with a user who knows the right graphic options to tweak should have no issues with lag in this game. You will get moments of low frame rates, but it shouldn't be stopping in many ways.

/shrug

Like seriously, give me your guys nice rigs so someone can utilize it properly. I'm sporting 3 year old stuff and people with far better rigs are complaining about lag. L2PC.
    so what would be some of the correct settings needed to reduce the lag issue? i dont know what is effected by the high population in one zone the most graphics card etc. i have no issues with my current pc except when i run cq. any point in the right direction would be most helpful in determining what can be done with my current rig to make cq playable....as it is cq is annoying. all i do is pvp so i have no option really but to cq if i want to gear up but its not much fun in combat hitting a dmg sheild and waiting 2 mins to find myself dead...

Quote Originally Posted by slash_wrists View Post
    It's ok if your faction wipes another faction due to lag, Exxy will be there to claim the credit for the win <3<3
    Yup, that's when Exxy gets on the forums and starts talking about the most epic CQ win ever when he single handily turned the tide of a losing team by getting everyone to rally around his words of wisdom....

But on topic I've wondered the same thing....if it's worth it to upgrade my comp and dump tons of money only to get a minimal gain in frame rate?

Judging by some of the posts here, it's mostly on Trions end.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast