+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Is it just me, or do the Guardians blow at PvP.

Default Is it just me, or do the Guardians blow at PvP.

It seems like every match i am in, we get stomped. No matter what time of the day. I am sure i will get flamed, and people will say " you lose because you are fail".

Well i do not fail, but i do not excel, i am right there in the middle.

But that is not the point, the point is every game the guardian's lose.
    P2W means that if I am not spending money, I can't get gear as good as you can get by buying it. If I can get better gear by other means, it's not P2W. ---the_real_seebs

Don't like them, too bad. You don't get a special "Ban who you want!" card. ---Kralon

Start a premade!
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    Start a premade!

12 losses and 1 win, ill try again later....

thanks for the idea though. I cant find anyone to help lol
    P2W means that if I am not spending money, I can't get gear as good as you can get by buying it. If I can get better gear by other means, it's not P2W. ---the_real_seebs

Don't like them, too bad. You don't get a special "Ban who you want!" card. ---Kralon

What level bracket are you in?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

I am only rank 40

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by bheta View Post
    It seems like every match i am in, we get stomped. No matter what time of the day. I am sure i will get flamed, and people will say " you lose because you are fail".

Well i do not fail, but i do not excel, i am right there in the middle.

But that is not the point, the point is every game the guardian's lose.
    I'm guardian and i agree but then again the majority of people suck at pvp in this game, no matter if they're guardian or defiant.

Ascendant

You are right guardians get rolled the majority of the time and I attest this to 2 main reasons as to why. One guardian clerics refuse to heal, yesterday in a codex there was four guardian clerics on my team and all four were dps. I made a comment about guardian clerics never healing and was told to go plow myself cool. Defiant clerics and mages I notice almost always heal sometimes they overheal. The other reason is defiants like to premade a lot I believe yesterday I ran into maybe 4 different premades so yea.

But ill never premade its not my style not how I roll I don't want a pocket healer either I still feel I don't need one. People talk about competition this competition that if you want some competition try solo queuing more and see if you can carry a bad pug to victory I promise you will find great challenges trying to do it. I've carried so many pugs to victory and it gives me great challenges.

If you queue solo and you think you are running into a premade, you don't know how the queue system works.

If you queue solo or duo, you end up in one set of queues. If you que with 3 or more, you end up in premade queus. Totally different.

My first toon was a guardian warrior. I leveled up through PvP and was frustrated how there was never a healer. So I rerolled a cleric - defiant. There were 3 healers at least in every match. Note that this is in the low level brackets.

In the ranked matches things are a little different and quite in-bred. There are tons of merced guardians and defiants on each team, but what I noticed more was that even when the defiant side is fail, they tend not to scream at each other. And when there are a shortage of healers, clerics and mages tend to switch without prompting. There is just a higher level of maturity in the players.

wait.. you think COLOR has anything to do with power level of computer controled polygons in a video game? seriusly?!

ROLF HARAHAHAHAHAH

hey guys look, im BLUE!@@@ i now will hit harder!!
    oh noes, now Im RED so the players around me all of the sudden have less skill!! darn!!

HAAAHAHAHHha these people need to get lost and return to the game they came from where "faction" and color over their toons head ment something.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

for the right price they can also suck and swallow.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    You are right guardians get rolled the majority of the time and I attest this to 2 main reasons as to why. One guardian clerics refuse to heal, yesterday in a codex there was four guardian clerics on my team and all four were dps. I made a comment about guardian clerics never healing and was told to go plow myself cool. Defiant clerics and mages I notice almost always heal sometimes they overheal. The other reason is defiants like to premade a lot I believe yesterday I ran into maybe 4 different premades so yea.

But ill never premade its not my style not how I roll I don't want a pocket healer either I still feel I don't need one. People talk about competition this competition that if you want some competition try solo queuing more and see if you can carry a bad pug to victory I promise you will find great challenges trying to do it. I've carried so many pugs to victory and it gives me great challenges.
    Everytime i've been in a pug warfront with you, you completely over extend, leave your one healer to die and never once cast guard on anyone...but if that means carrying pugs to victory i guess we have different definitions.
    By the way still waiting on you to show your skill in a 5s, if you can carry an entire pugs team to victory you can easily carry 4 other people...

Actually the skill level of guardians in PvP often feels somewhat higher because the pool that the system draws from is less diluted due to the fact that there are more defiants then guardians in RIFT at this time. You will get 10 skilled and 4 unskilled guardians vrs 7 skilled and 7 unskilled defiants in otherwords.

Now that said, sometimes defiants stomp guardians and sometimes guardians stomp defiants. It depends on the time of day, and can even be simply who you tend to be matched with in warfronts. If your getting rolled you can always wait a minute or 2 inbetween queuing up and see if you get matched with a different group of people.

Ascendant

just you, im sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    wait.. you think COLOR has anything to do with power level of computer controled polygons in a video game? seriusly?!

ROLF HARAHAHAHAHAH

hey guys look, im BLUE!@@@ i now will hit harder!!
    oh noes, now Im RED so the players around me all of the sudden have less skill!! darn!!

HAAAHAHAHHha these people need to get lost and return to the game they came from where "faction" and color over their toons head ment something.
    Don't be silly. People wouldn't purposely choose guardian or defiant group leaders if there wasn't some bound certainty of landing on your own factions team. If population is right I can play Defiant all night, and sometimes I cherish when a guardian friend comes around to take over queuing.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

In my experience, it's pretty even. There seems some kind of weird stomp streaks though from time to time for a faction or the other. I've seen both completely own the other, so I don't think Defiants really have the upper hand. Bad luck maybe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast