+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New player...JUSTICAR in PvP?

Soulwalker

Default New player...JUSTICAR in PvP?

I made a dwarf Justicar in this game. It is my first character and so far made it to level 11. Have not tried PvP yet and so far spent all ability points into the Justicar soul. How are Justicars in PvP? What other soul, if any, should I pick to boost his survival rate in PvP?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoreHoney View Post
    I made a dwarf Justicar in this game. It is my first character and so far made it to level 11. Have not tried PvP yet and so far spent all ability points into the Justicar soul. How are Justicars in PvP? What other soul, if any, should I pick to boost his survival rate in PvP?

thx
    Back when doctrine of loyalty actually healed well they made for pretty awesome support raid healers in PvP. There was an old spec named MASH and another named Duracell that were fun to play in every way.

In low level PvP it will probably still be viable. In later brackets its not great.

That said, my friend invented a new justicar based support spec that he uses in our raids from time to time that pulls about 6k raid heals with significant burst heals (10000 per swing) to his righteous mandate target. He has healed an expert dungeon with it. I am curious how it would fare in PvP.

Overall, don't get your hopes up of Justicar flying in there and smashing face. It does crappy burst dps. Maybe if you got annoying enough and had a pocket healer you could successfully tank a war front with it - but the other team would have to be stupid enough to focus you nod ignore your pocket heals for it to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerelith View Post
    That said, my friend invented a new justicar based support spec that he uses in our raids from time to time that pulls about 6k raid heals with significant burst heals (10000 per swing) to his righteous mandate target. He has healed an expert dungeon with it. I am curious how it would fare in PvP.
    could you provide the spec perhaps?
    would love to try this out! ^^
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoreHoney View Post

thx
    Justicar imo is only good for spending a few point or 0 points for small heal procs in pvp. You would be a tank that hits like a fly and i would totally ignore you in pvp and kill the healers and dps. You have no way of forcing players to attack you (those forced abilities only work in pve).

Try inq for dps or sent for healing to start for experience. By all means though see if you can do something in pvp with just. If you get frustrated try another build.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    You have no way of forcing players to attack you (those forced abilities only work in pve).
    The blue bar is a pretty effective taunt for many players.

Quote Originally Posted by parangea View Post
    could you provide the spec perhaps?
    would love to try this out! ^^
    When I see him I'll ask him to share it.

Plane Touched

A spec a use sometime :

54 justicar / rest in sentinel (synergy with life and healing spells)

With justicar crystal, in zerg situation, spam Censure (10 targets). Healing throughput is surprisingly close AOE chloro, and the tanky aspect allow to push the line effectively.

In case I am lightly focused I switch to totem+mein of honor instead of shield + mein of leadership. This provide ~20% healing increase.

Very situational spec (need a pack of ennemies for censure spam), but IMO quite strong (as much as can be AOE heal specs) and underestimated.

It is however the most boring spec in the world
    Salace R80 Elzareth R59 Melgria R70+ Gremia L48 EU

This is his justicar support spec:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j.../qkkEhglA8/pr2

He said the main thing is to use Salvation and Shared Excess, and cycle in Geyser every now and then. Just hit things with Even Justice or Strike of Judgement.

Honestly I haven't tried this yet, but he's pulled off some pretty damn good support heals numbers with this spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerelith View Post
    This is his justicar support spec:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j.../qkkEhglA8/pr2

He said the main thing is to use Salvation and Shared Excess, and cycle in Geyser every now and then. Just hit things with Even Justice or Strike of Judgement.

Honestly I haven't tried this yet, but he's pulled off some pretty damn good support heals numbers with this spec.
    Interesting build, but I have a suggestion: drop the two 1% healing points from Sentinel and get Healing Effusion and Interdict. I mean, they're right there.

As I said, it's not my build. Healing effusion does sound like a good investment, and for PvP interdict rules. However this build was not made for PvP. It's just a support build that does a good amount of raid wide heals. Not sure what its effectiveness is in PvP. I suspect it won't be impressive.

Note: shared excess is supposed to be cast on yourself.

Geyser is important too since it will proc your trinket. Salvation heals will not.
    Last edited by Aerelith; 04-06-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    The blue bar is a pretty effective taunt for many players.
    this is why I tank in our CQ premades.
    majority of players are dumb and will hit whatever is in front of them
    the semi compitant ones will find the blue bar and then mark it and everyone will focus fire it.
    the deranged will see a name they know and focus them even harder at risk of their own life...
    so putting a 50k hp warlord cleric tank on the front lines is ALWAYS LOL worthy. people beat on me all day and totally ignore the 5 rogues standing behind me tossing explosives into their group.
    people may ignore warriors but justicar with the blue bar people seldom ignore.
    I have fun with it, but to each his own. worst case, people ignore you totally and you start healing your raid off of them
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

+ Reply to Thread