Closed Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By psionicalpha
  • 1 Post By spaceboots

Thread: Trion, don't let Rift become what Blizzard let WoW become.

Telaran

Default Trion, don't let Rift become what Blizzard let WoW become.

Multiboxing in pvp is CHEATING. It should very much so be a bannable offense. I don't care if someone with way too much money to blow wants to mass level a bunch of alts in PvE - but when you join a Black Garden and 5 of their players are being controlled by the SAME person, that is an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE. It auto-wins the game. Getting Rebuke'd x5 is not survivable, even if every single member of your team is healing you.

I get it, it makes you a ton of money. That's fine. Allow it. But NOT IN PVP. There should be limits when someone is using a program (which I think should be against the ToS as it is) to control multiple characters at once. World PvP will suck for people who come across these people, but keep them out of Warfronts. I am sick and tired of being on the better team but losing anyway because of a multiboxer. I am very glad I ground out the BG rep on my main before this crap started. But getting my daily/weekly in is a HUGE pain when Black Garden is on the list.

The biggest reason I left WoW, if not for the terrible things they did to talent trees, was the fact that Battlegrounds in Cata were 90% botters, 5% multiboxers, and 5% actual players. Multiboxers ran rampant EVERYWHERE and if you were on a pvp server it was a complete nightmare to go through content. In battlegrounds it was either impossible to win or you could just afk and get your free marks because every 5 man group on your team would easily overcome the other team. It got BAD, maybe it was the time I was q'ing, maybe it was that way all the time, but it was AWFUL.

I rather like Rift. Don't let it become that steaming pile of fail. Make Multiboxers stay the hell out of PvP. It ruins the fun for your HONEST customers who play the game LEGITIMATELY. Honest customers are the first thing you'll lose if this gets out of hand. I don't care if they join Conquest, at least the enemy team has a CHANCE there - but Warfronts should not be on the list of "Stuff Multiboxers can Do", especially the 10man ones. Dealing with them in Codex, PoS, even Runemasters is easier - but dear god, there is a multiboxer in my battle group right now that NEVER STOPS RUNNING BLACK GARDEN. Guess what's an objective for my weekly. T_T.

It plain isn't fair. What it comes down to is you are allowing a player to have an unfair advantage over others because it makes you more money. WoW will fail because Blizzard stopped caring about their player base and cared more about the profits at the end of the month. PLEASE don't let that happen here. One tiny restriction shouldn't be a very tall order. If a player wants to get pvp gear, he or she should have to do it fair and square, not face roll through Black Garden and get free loot using a third party BS program.

In before you get called bad!

I read it.

I know what you mean, the best suggestion to stop them is to disable the follow feature in pvp. I mean if they can keep up with rotations, positioning and everything manually like everyone else, they should be able to move without being assisted by the follow feature as well. Right?
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Soulwalker

It's a cheese tactic. It's annoying when it works but it usually doesn't if you have a competent team, or at least a few competent players.

One or two competent dps are equally threatening if not more so than your average multiboxer.

Look, I know you're really getting upset at me running 60 man multibox-premades in CQ with my elite single button pushing skills, but I think we can all agree that that having this thread come up once a day is getting old. How I choose to spend $900/month is my business.

Potato!
    Infy <Transience> of Threesprings
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehla View Post
    The biggest reason I left WoW, was the fact that Battlegrounds in Cata were [...] 5% multiboxers, [...]. Multiboxers ran rampant EVERYWHERE [...].
    Thats so raven

The OP actually thinks he/she is the only person from Rift who played or plays WoW and that all of us are stupid enough to believe the pile of **** in the first post as truth.

Im here to say I play it now and I have played it before and I have never EVER seen a match with 5% actual players. Maybe a match with 5% bots and multiboxers sure.

You people sit here and ***** about the most mundane crap in the game whilst ignoring other completely viable complaints that you and others would benefit from 100times more.
    if the ONE multiboxer you run into ONCE per day is so devistating to you I would check out games like angry birds or plants vs zombies.

also lock this thread please there is about 50 of them
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Zehla View Post
    It plain isn't fair. What it comes down to is you are allowing a player to have an unfair advantage over others because it makes you more money.
    This is my biggest gripe. If Rift was a free to play/pay to win - then so be it, they paid more to win. Since Rift is a pay to play, a lot of use expect everyone to be on a equal playing field. If I'm beaten in combat, it should because the other player was better and/or had nicer gear. That player got that way, from putting more effort/time into the game not by spending more money.
    Anyway, thank you for finally getting rid of the carnival codex, it is so nice having the old one back

Shield of Telara

Another idiotic post about multiboxers.

Trion has spoken. It will be here. GET OVER IT.

While you are at it, l2math. If 5% is multiboxer, and 90% are botters, multiboxers are NOT rampant. They were equal to the single players you mentioned.

botters are against the ToS and rarely seen in WFs, multiboxers are rarely seen in WFs, so this post is baseless.

and multiboxing is still not unfair, no matter how many times you stamp your feet and say so.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-05-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Think of it like this.

5 players with timed burst on vent spawn camping you is the same as 5toons controlled by 1person if not its worse.

The next thing you babys will be crying about is premades having an unfair advantage over you as a single player.

Derp
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Hi everyone,

We already have several ongoing discussions about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion threads here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...fect-wpvp.html

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in one of the threads linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread