+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Azuli

Thread: Devs, Please Verify: How Are Numbers Balanced in CQ Factions?

Default Devs, Please Verify: How Are Numbers Balanced in CQ Factions?

So, we know that CQ factions are balanced at the queue in quantities of 10. However, it is still not clear what happens when people leave one faction and join another or leave the game altogether. Using the following scenario, can you elaborate on what is done to prevent massively imbalanced factions?:
    1. Conquest starts, 120 people queue.
    2. 40 players join each faction. At this point, all factions are equal with 40 players each.
    3. 10 more join Dom, 10 more join Oath, a premade 20-person raid joins Nightfall. There are now 50 players on Dom, 50 players on Oath, and 60 players on Nightfall.
    4. Half the players on Oath leave CQ and log out of the game.
    5. There are now 50 players on Dom, 60 players on Nightfall, and 25 players left on Oath.

At this point, does the queue continue to count the 25 players still tied to the Oath faction who left, or does it count only those players currently inside CQ?

What appears to be happening is the queue balancing system only works initially. Once CQ starts, it seems that losing players on a faction does not change the counter. This can lead to a massive imbalance, especially if a premade joins a particular faction and several players leave CQ in an attempt to join the premade's faction.

Could you please verify how the counter works, and if there are changes to the CQ queue system in the works?

Is there a possibility of installing a Group Queue system such as that currently in place for warfronts?
    Last edited by Azuli; 04-05-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    ~Belisama

Rift Chaser

It counts active people in the Cq and locks accordingly. The problem is there generally isn't a steady stream of players joining so typically if a team loses a lot they have a hard time getting (and keeping) replacements. Things don't typically even out until 5 min timer and people join to get final rewards.

This could be wrong but based on what I've seen

Thanks for pointing this out
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Before the emergence of CQ premades, I was in favor of the force que. I remember only one team filling up and the other 2 teams were lacking in players so heavily that the imbalance made CQ an absolute dreadful place to enter. It was nearly impossible to get a win unless you were lucky enough to get into the one "full" team.

With CQ premades, the majority of evenings on NA time there are at least 2 teams full, if not all three, so the disparity is getting better. However, now there is the issue of not being able to get in the same CQ faction as your friends and guildmates.

I am in favor of going back to the "que for your faction" method. However, I am concerned about NA daytime hours and getting in that same rut of only one team getting full again.

Maybe this issue could be fixed by doing nightly "escalation" CQ, in which case players are able to que entire raids into a single faction to fully enhance CQ premade potential.

Frankly, my concern is what if these premade leaders decide they don't want to lead premades anymore. Without the tools easily accessible to help a CQ leader in the warfront, it would not be easy for just anyone to step up as a leader.

If Trion would like to see CQ taken in this new crediable leader led mass warfront, which I hope they would, then there should be serious discussion on how to first fix CQ so that leaders are better enabled to lead.

CQ premades are how I imagine a good CQ should be ran. It would be nice if the system were set up so that this type of CQ, with 3 competent, respected leaders, were able to lead CQ morning and night.
    Genny@Greybriar

I want to know if joining a team but not entering CQ counts.

In other words if I try to join Nightfail and get rolled to Oatmeal because Nightfail is full, and I decide not to enter CQ, have I screwed Oatmeal?

Rift Chaser

I dont think so - i think it counts people in the instance - If you leave you are removed from that number. It locks you to a team solely for the purpose of u not leaving at the end and able to join the winning team, which is dumb since the queue may not allow you to do so anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleton View Post
    I dont think so - i think it counts people in the instance - If you leave you are removed from that number. It locks you to a team solely for the purpose of u not leaving at the end and able to join the winning team, which is dumb since the queue may not allow you to do so anyway.
    One hopes this is true. Now for someone who actually knows to chime in on the subject...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Azuli View Post
    [There are now 50 players on Dom, 60 players on Nightfall, and 25 players left on Oath.

not so difficult, dom full, nf full, oath not full until at least 15 players joined oath. then nf is full, dom and oath can be queued.

It's very challenging to try to get a Raid 2 to join the same faction as with Raid 1; it's a hit or miss. Trion needs to do some work on fixing the que system for organized raids. Trion should also ensure that players who choose a faction will remain in that faction through the duration of the game. In my perspective, queing in and out just defiles the que system.

It just seems challenging to try to make 2 premade raids and que them into the same faction, and it is unfair to the premades who want to work together as a cohesive unit.
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 04-05-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

+ Reply to Thread