+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: (In General) What is the Highest DPS Spec for PvP?

Default (In General) What is the Highest DPS Spec for PvP?

So, I was in Codex yesterday with an even 15 players on each side (30 total). We were losing 800ish to 300ish and someone (Wyx) spoke up and asked why everyone's DPS was so low. I kind of laughed and figured he was frustrated. We actually recaptured Codex and won. When I looked at the end-of-match stats, Wyx has three times (3x) the damage done than the next player. Maybe it's me slowly getting used to PvP... but this seems almost unreal.

So, what are the dps specs that could do the most damage in PvP (in general)?

The spec that consistently does the most damage is Rb warriors

I use raid dps specs, don't really have room for pvp oriented ones. Survivability isn't great when you don't have healers but when you have healers you do a lot of dmg.

And to [SOMEONE.. HMMM], dude enjoys exploiting memory capture/recall in library whenever he is about to die to port up to his home base and drink a torvan stout (ie, exploiting, im sure its not intended for people to be able to get to safety whenever they want), so lol to him complaining about anything in pvp. Sack up and eat your death. You'll respawn.
    Last edited by Hodor; 04-04-2013 at 07:06 AM.

If all you want is a big number for damage, roll sab. I think there's a "one button sab" spec in the rogue forums. You will have 3 to 4 times the damage of the next closest player.

You won't have accomplished anything but put up high damage numbers however - though with the recent AOE buffs in the patches it will be interesting to see if that changes.

The truth is it is not sustained DPS that matters in PvP. Its all about burst and focusing fire to nuke the healers. 600 DPS to a single target is more effective than 3000 DPS in aoe - and that 600 dps is even better if it spikes to 1800 dps to single target every now and then.

Don't pay attention to total damage... find a spec with burst.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DmgIncGM View Post
    So, I was in Codex yesterday with an even 15 players on each side (30 total). We were losing 800ish to 300ish and someone (Wyx) spoke up and asked why everyone's DPS was so low. I kind of laughed and figured he was frustrated. We actually recaptured Codex and won. When I looked at the end-of-match stats, Wyx has three times (3x) the damage done than the next player. Maybe it's me slowly getting used to PvP... but this seems almost unreal.

So, what are the dps specs that could do the most damage in PvP (in general)?
    Wyx is OP.

No, seriously, Wyx is a good player, but most likely your team was just bad. He was likely playing MM, which is one of the better DPS specs, but not the absolute best these days. As the other guy said, RB is probably #1 right now.

Put two players in a WF with equal skill and gear -- one a RB and the other a MM (pick your MM spec, it doesn't matter). The RB should have more damage done, though often a MM will end up with more KB's.

Locks can do a lot of overall damage too, but their KB's usually aren't that great. Pyros are good for burst, but the overall damage usually won't be equal to a RB.

Inquisi's are good, but they are more OP as a 1v1 spec than as a WF spec. Though good Inquisis can do very well in WF's.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    I use raid dps specs, don't really have room for pvp oriented ones. Survivability isn't great when you don't have healers but when you have healers you do a lot of dmg.

And to [SOMEONE.. HMMM], dude enjoys exploiting memory capture/recall in library whenever he is about to die to port up to his home base and drink a torvan stout (ie, exploiting, im sure its not intended for people to be able to get to safety whenever they want), so lol to him complaining about anything in pvp. Sack up and eat your death. You'll respawn.
    this just in, using abilities is exploiting.

Default Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Aerelith View Post
    If all you want is a big number for damage, roll sab. I think there's a "one button sab" spec in the rogue forums. You will have 3 to 4 times the damage of the next closest player.

You won't have accomplished anything but put up high damage numbers however - though with the recent AOE buffs in the patches it will be interesting to see if that changes.

The truth is it is not sustained DPS that matters in PvP. Its all about burst and focusing fire to nuke the healers. 600 DPS to a single target is more effective than 3000 DPS in aoe - and that 600 dps is even better if it spikes to 1800 dps to single target every now and then.

Don't pay attention to total damage... find a spec with burst.
    Thank you very much. I think you are right. It seemed like the other team was not taking damage (at all) for a while until we did the obvious... marked and focused on the healers.

I'm slowly learning PvP and feel I do "okay" for a noob. I'm running 61/15 Inq/Cab.... It seems to have a decent amount of offense spells... and equally some defense to get me out of trouble. Btw, my main is Painne - say 'hi' sometimes!

61 elitest /15 cannon fodder/ 0 give a flying **** about objectives

sab

10/char

Wait, didn't we already have this thread/discussion?

This is MMO 101. If a situation to AoE properly presents itself, AoE specs that don't suck will blow up the damage charts. PvP or PvE.

It can go either way though, I see good performances that outshine a team damage by far with ST or AoE. It's exactly how it looks though.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-04-2013 at 08:15 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    This is MMO 101. If a situation to AoE properly presents itself, AoE specs that don't suck will blow up the damage charts. PvP or PvE.

It can go either way though, I see good performances that outshine a team damage by far with ST or AoE. It's exactly how it looks though.
    Exactly, so PS = wall of yellow numbers

Ascendant

Inquis is the highest dps pvp spec imo followed by mm but i havent seen any good mm's lately

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    Inquis is the highest dps pvp spec imo followed by mm but i havent seen any good mm's lately
    That's becasue they are all playing specs that are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashh View Post
    That's becasue they are all playing specs that are fun.
    Assassin spawn camping. It has been nice to me lately.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Wyx has fluff damage and steals kbs! meanie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast