+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Should It Stay or Should It Go Now: DOTs After Rezzing

Default Should It Stay or Should It Go Now: DOTs After Rezzing

There are quite a few times in a WF where I rez at camp and DOTs are ticking away at my healthbar for another 10+ seconds or so. Most of the time the damage is petty... but sometimes this ticks about 20% off my health. Just checking whether this is intended? Buffs disappear at death and have to be re-applied... not sure how DOTs survive through death.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by DmgIncGM View Post
    There are quite a few times in a WF where I rez at camp and DOTs are ticking away at my healthbar for another 10+ seconds or so. Most of the time the damage is petty... but sometimes this ticks about 20% off my health. Just checking whether this is intended? Buffs disappear at death and have to be re-applied... not sure how DOTs survive through death.
    Can you list the specific ones please? That would be considered a bug.

~Daglar

Combust was the one I noticed lately but a few rogue dots stay on even after death.

Flame Rupture appears to be the culprit. I've been seeing it also.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Combust was the one I noticed lately but a few rogue dots stay on even after death.
    Yes the new ability to spread combust, everytime I'm dead with that ability spreading combust onto nearby players including myself, it stays on me after I revive for the remaining duration.

This has occured everytime this has happened to me recently. Some assassin dots are sticking as well.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Rift Chaser

necro apply last grasp and if the target has charged shield or sign of the wrath the necro will take damage even after death. also pets will keep dots the really fun one are dots that have an aoe so you and the pet are taking damage.

Corrosion is one I have seen a few times along with Combust.

Quote Originally Posted by vaddar View Post
    necro apply last grasp and if the target has charged shield or sign of the wrath the necro will take damage even after death. also pets will keep dots the really fun one are dots that have an aoe so you and the pet are taking damage.
    This happened. Its been known for a while that pets retain all dots after you die, revive, and resummon the pet, its already ticking away.

Now with combust spreads, my pet spread combust to all the people that ressurected immidiately after I summoned it, lol, that was fun.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Clinging Spirit can persist past death on a player if it's sometimes the last ability that hits the player/target.
    --BC

i personally have seen it only happen with the new combust ability and corrosive spores, both of which have been named.
    kinda annoying, would be great if you find time within a year or so to fix it ^^
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

there is another one that i notice from time to time that i think comes from chloros (but could be Dom) ticks damage those next to the player carrying the dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Plane Walker

Yep, Nature's Corrosion tends to do this a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    I mean, you didn't see Gandalf bunnyhopping through Mordor blasting away with instant cast spells.

Also any dots that are on pets. After you die and your pet rezzes with you he will keep all the dots on him

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    there is another one that i notice from time to time that i think comes from chloros (but could be Dom) ticks damage those next to the player carrying the dot.
    Can you please change your avatar. Thank you.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by parangea View Post
    i personally have seen it only happen with the new combust ability and corrosive spores, both of which have been named.
    kinda annoying, would be great if you find time within a year or so to fix it ^^
    If memory serves me correctly this has been raised on several occasions before, going back over a year. It is really prevalent in CQ probably due to the abundance of rogues. I also remember that it isnt just player dots but npc dots that do it also as recently doing some of the zone events I noticed it happening. As it isnt major just annoying I wish you luck with the year thing as these guys arent real speedy at fixing most bugs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast