+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BiS for pvp mage any ideas?

Champion

Default BiS for pvp mage any ideas?

i do a ton of pvp got pvp gear but people mentioned i should have waited for pvp gear til 60.

since im level 50+ mage..... dps.....archo,dom,pyro(archon being highest with points in it.

what would one recommend once i hit level 60.?

enchants/augments etc? for end game Warfronts or conquest?

to begin with when reaching lvl 60 i recommend getting the full merc set for your class and runing it up with...well...whatever you can. it wont really matter at that point.

after that get to work on your freelancer set and then start thinking about specific runes. BiS purples aren't a must have, but if you can get em, use em.
    when you start switching over to warlord gear, thats when you get serious about runes.

synergy crystals are an easy no brainer. there is only the one merchant, and the crystals are soul specific.
    two sets of crystals: the cheap set works for merc/freelancer. the more expensive ones for warlord.

for your trinket farm karthan ridge for the ridge runners rep, and CQ for the freelancer CQ marks. buy the ridgerunners trinket, buy the CQ enhancement core thingy, upgrade the trinket with the thingy.

lesser essences: just use whatever to begin with, then after you've upgraded your trinket, use CQ marks to buy the purple CQ lesser essences from the TB CQ vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    lesser essences: just use whatever to begin with, then after you've upgraded your trinket, use CQ marks to buy the purple CQ lesser essences from the TB CQ vendor.
    this imo depends on what you do, and on what shard you are.
    if you're on a pvp shard and go venture i'd highly recommend getting the merc lessers. if you dont do that, just do enough zerfest till you can buy the freelancer lessers.

Don't forget to get the conquest engine/sigil. it adds another 50 vengeance. it can be bought in meridian/sanctum from unseen/order of the eye vendor.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Get the merc lessers first. Valor is by far most important to a mage, and every other gear slot will get bolstered. The lessers are not bolstered. So get them first.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

+ Reply to Thread