• 2 Post By Hartzekar
  • 2 Post By Orangu
  • 1 Post By Meaghanne
  • 3 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By Ehxon

Thread: Ascended Disgrace

Ascendant

Default Ascended Disgrace

Trion: learn the difference between getting disconnected by ISP and/or VPN issues and quitting a warfront. Getting slapped with a 15 minute denial of service a few times a night when my VPN is wonky gets old very fast.

I've gotten DC'ed many times in WFs. I just exit, log back in, and I'm still in the WF. It will only happen if you're out for a long time.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Trion: learn the difference between getting disconnected by ISP and/or VPN issues and quitting a warfront. Getting slapped with a 15 minute denial of service a few times a night when my VPN is wonky gets old very fast.
    Dost thou even Google Fiber?

But seriously ya the few times this happens to me at least I get to play my favorite pastime of hopping on all the circular surfaces in TB.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    I've gotten DC'ed many times in WFs. I just exit, log back in, and I'm still in the WF. It will only happen if you're out for a long time.
    A slightly different story for those of us with a VPN. If the VPN wonks out we get a a message regarding the change in external IP address, shutting down Rift. By the time the VPN is re-engaged and Rift loaded up again, we are stuck with the 15 minute slap to the face.

I don't want to see the Ascended Disgrace debuff removed, as it does keep the lesser masses from bailing warfronts at the slightest hint of challenge. However, I am hoping that the devs can make it a little more nuanced and able to treat disconnections differently from those simply leaving the battle.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post

But seriously ya the few times this happens to me at least I get to play my favorite pastime of hopping on all the circular surfaces in TB.
    Never heard of Google Fiber. I'll look it up, but given my current location (China), I am not terribly hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post

While mounted right?
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Because the difference between your ISP going out and leaving a WF by pulling my internet cord is....
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-01-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Because the difference between your ISP going out and leaving a WF by pulling my internet cord is....
    i was just going to say the same thing. all people that wanted to leave would have to do is pull the plug repeatedly.

Ascendant

There is a time delay that allows you to get back in if you get disconnected.

You are being disconnected longer than that. Seems like this should be posted on your ISP's forums or emailed to whomever set up your VPN for you. The timeout works fine for those with normal disconnects.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Someone's wife kicking the **** out of him for being a wanker (wireless router here).

But not everyone has a wife or other loved one to worry about. Even so, I am curious as to how many people would resort to pulling out the cable to leave a bad match - given all of the background applications, downloads, and other family members depending on an active signal.

Perhaps Trion - given more manpower - could monitor such disconnections for suspicious patterns and hand out Ascended Wanker debuffs for those who abuse it?

One can dream.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 04-02-2013 at 07:12 AM.

I like it when I'm trying to fix a macro at the spawn while mounted/moving about, and within 60s enough people decide to report me afk, thus kicking me from the warfront and granting me the honor of "Ascended Exile" (60min WF debuff) ...now that's a laugh.
    Serjackums
    Tis folly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiterjijny View Post
    this is work of terrible Trion

Default ur bad

Quote Originally Posted by Serjackums View Post
    I like it when I'm trying to fix a macro at the spawn while mounted/moving about, and within 60s enough people decide to report me afk, thus kicking me from the warfront and granting me the honor of "Ascended Exile" (60min WF debuff) ...now that's a laugh.
    Dun't does stuff in the gy cause when the match starts pvp is serius bisness.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Default ur bad

Quote Originally Posted by Anathemus View Post
    Dun't does stuff in the gy cause when the match starts pvp is serius bisness.
    lol okies c:
    Serjackums
    Tis folly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiterjijny View Post
    this is work of terrible Trion

Someone's wife kicking the **** out of him for being a wanker (wireless router here).

But not everyone has a wife or other loved one to worry about. Even so, I am curious as to how many people would resort to pulling out the cable to leave a bad match - given all of the background applications, downloads, and other family members depending on an active signal.

Perhaps Trion - given more manpower - could monitor such disconnections for suspicious patterns and hand out Ascended Wanker debuffs for those who abuse it?

One can dream.
    Not many people in this game I think, but it used to be fairly common in RTS games since that would usually not give you a loss. Of course this was easier when people used wired connections since all you had to do was reach behind the computer. Now it's a pain to go downstairs and unplug the wireless and piss off everyone else in the house.
    Last edited by Vayra; 04-02-2013 at 11:02 AM.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Not many people in this game I think, but it used to be fairly common in RTS games since that would usually not give you a loss. Of course this was easier when people used wired connections since all you had to do was reach behind the computer. Now it's a pain to go downstairs and unplug the wireless and piss off everyone else in the house.
    Or you could just alt tab and turn off your wireless connection. Don't even have to leave your seat. Don't even have to go that far though, all you'd have to do is close the game itself and it'd be as good as losing the internet as far as the game servers are concerned.

+ Reply to Thread