+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: sad PvE'r in a PvP Conquest

How to solve your Conquest PvP woes, PVEers...

1) Get the conquest tracker mod.
    2) Do your PvE stuff and keep an eye on CQ
    3) When it gets down to 20 or so kills left or it is in the last 5 minutes, join CQ.
    4) When in CQ, exit the front door of your base and then run around in circles for the next 5 minutes.

This = 40 - 60 marks for relatively little Player-vs-Nothing activity. I'm sure you waste more time than that per hour in Tempest Bay.

Want more marks, grab the daily CQ quest and capture a few extractors for an extra 60 marks.

Want more marks? Grab the weekly wins quest. If you're good at timing it, you should be able to complete the wins quest using the get in at the last second technique for a quick 180 more marks per week.

It really does not take all that long to get your trinket. A casual gamer should be able to do this twice per night for somewhere between 80 - 160 per night (assuming you try to do the extractor daily too). At worst its a little more than a 1 month grind that you spend ~10 minutes per night working on.

I used to play CQ but rarely anymore. I was maxxed in power and had all my crap. Then the game returned. Immediately 1/2 my power points were gone. It wasn't long before the rest of them decayed down to 0. Great game is all I can say. *lol*
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Heh.

I have my trinket and my seal upgraded. Unfortunately I need to grind out another ~14000 conquest marks so I can get my lesser essences.

@.@

That having been said, there have been some rather entertaining moments in CQ. An entire zerg Eating a Cake of the Fae dive bombing another team in the Eye of Regulos is a sight to see indeed.

Imo opinion if it wasnt for the CQ trinket there would be quite a few people who really enjoy CQ these days that might never have stepped in to begin with. I like to think that Trion has a much better view of the big picture than we do and we should just do our best to enjoy the ride. If you really dont like CQ than dont do it. CQ power and the trinket are slight gains over people who dont have them. If your guild requires you to have them to raid, well again thats a playerbase issue due to mindset and attitude. I think most people can agree its not the gear, its not the CQ power, and its not your trinket. Its the individual skill of the player that makes or breaks dps/hps meters.

Ps

Do you think its remotely possible for all you trolls to stop taking every thread that mentions CQ and turn it into a sob fest over how bad CQ is and as another oppurtunity to bash ABL? The OP did state he was unhappy with CQ to get his trinket. The way I read it is that this is mainly due to lag and latency not the actual scenario of having to go in CQ, but that he is unable to participate effectively. There have been multiple suggestions given to him/her and I am more than confident once he/she sorts it out. Fun times will be had.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Do you think its remotely possible for all you trolls to stop taking every thread that mentions CQ and turn it into a sob fest over how bad CQ is and as another oppurtunity to bash ABL?
    CQ is bad. It's a poor design. You can dress it up all you like but the fact is that requiring players to participate in pvp activities for pve rewards is a very, very flawed concept. And who is bashing ABL?? Get over yourself. There is no way ABL or anyone except Trion can change poorly designed game play.

You're having fun. That's great. Others are having fun. That's great too. But you're not everyone nor are you privy to what the majority of players are experiencing. I find it weird that you get offended that people still despise CQ and that not everyone thinks ABL is fun.

The OP did state he was unhappy with CQ to get his trinket. The way I read it is that this is mainly due to lag and latency not the actual scenario of having to go in CQ, but that he is unable to participate effectively. There have been multiple suggestions given to him/her and I am more than confident once he/she sorts it out. Fun times will be had.
    Hope so. If you feel compelled to do something if should be fun.

Please tell me again how it is "required". Last I check you were not locked out of raids for not having a trinket or cq power. Please explain to me how these two things break hps/dps meters in raids.

Then after you have done this.

Type with a straight face that you have not trolled ABL yourself, nor that others on these forumns dont jump at every chance.

In the mean time, i will work on "getting over myself" for pointing you guys out and shutting down your misinformation as I see fit. As an integral and key member of ABL, I think I am well within my rights to respond to any negative commentary to ABL.

Now stop derailing this thread and go hug your parents.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Pve puts me to sleep
    Agreed.

Anytime I go out to grind stones for my new crystals..I feel like I'm slipping into a coma.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    long story short, nerf the trinket. make the procs affect pvp only. reduce spell power and increase vengeance so these pansies don't have to feel "obligated" to "grind" cq
    The problem isn't the spellpower, it's the endurance. The trinket not only offers slightly superior thoroughput to DPS and healers, it also makes you far more durable. When you're dealing with heavy, bursty raid damage like Crucia's Orbital Strike, Regulos's Crash, or Matriarch's detonation, that extra health is insanely good.

And don't even get me started on tanks. There's not a single PvE tanking trinket that's remotely competitive with even the level 50 blue PvP trinket.
    Last edited by Muspel; 03-20-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Please tell me again how it is "required". Last I check you were not locked out of raids for not having a trinket or cq power. Please explain to me how these two things break hps/dps meters in raids.
    Read the post again more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodicca View Post
    You can dress it up all you like but the fact is that requiring players to participate in pvp activities for pve rewards is a very, very flawed concept.
    They never said the item was required to complete endgame content. They said that doing conquest was a requirement to obtain the trinket. This is the essence of the problem. Whether or not obtaining the trinket is required for raids is irrelivant. Rift is a gear progression based game. Players are missing out on a progression path if they don't do CQ. While it is a choice, the fact is that players are attracted to CQ for the trinket and other bonuses which is obscuring issues with CQ, by making it look more popular than it actually is, whilst creating other issued due to the leeching which is happening.

In the mean time, i will work on "getting over myself" for pointing you guys out and shutting down your misinformation as I see fit. As an integral and key member of ABL, I think I am well within my rights to respond to any negative commentary to ABL.

Nobody was bashing ABL. If anything they mentioned ABL is a group trying to positively influence CQ.
    Biz - L60/P81 Warrior

I think I am well within my rights to respond to any negative commentary to ABL.

I see you posted some advise on how the OP can fix is latency issue which is all fine and all but I don't see any negative commentary on ABL here.I think you overreacted when you saw you guys mentioned. Bodicca was saying that conquest is poorly designed which it is, nobody can deny that.

Don't let trolls get you worked up over nothing because that's what their out to look for, a response or a reaction some some type to feed them. Which is why I simply ignore and smile back at all the hate mail I get when I solo q. Let them rage in their own little corner.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Your prob right Ryo I jumped the gun a little trying to make sure this didnt get derailed and ended up derailing it myself. My apologies to the OP. my remarks were meant mostly in general the forums posts as a whole not neccessarily to the ones exclusive to this thread. Anywho, my points are made. Have a nice day.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

@Land

You're mad at the wrong person. I don't know who you should be mad at but it sure as hell isn't me.

When have I ever said, "ABL SUCKS" or "YOU GUYZ R ALL BADZ" or anything remotely similar? Never, that's when. What I HAVE said is I don't think ABL has solved the problems with CQ. I don't find ABL fun - morphing into a fairy just doesn't seem all that epic to me and rolling zerg after zerg is boring. I've said I don't think ABL has changed much for the majority of players. What I've also said is I'm glad you're having fun. The last few times I've happened to land in the same faction as ABL I've kept and open mind, stuck with the zerg and hoped it would turn out to be fun. But nope, just boredom. Not your fault, not Aqua's fault, and no, not my fault either. Just isn't my thing.

These are my opinions. These are my experiences. In all seriousness I don't know why you're offended. I stand by my statement that CQ is a crap design.

I think I am well within my rights to respond to any negative commentary to ABL.
    I think you need to stop being so defensive. You can do whatever you like, of course, but you're going to give yourself a stroke brother.

Edited to add:
    My apologies to the OP. my remarks were meant mostly in general the forums posts as a whole not neccessarily to the ones exclusive to this thread.
    Fair enough. I also apologize for any derailment. Anyway . . . . CQ, Bah.
    Last edited by Bodicca; 03-20-2013 at 08:52 AM.

I feel bad for people that don't enjoy pvp, it's a real shame. I could not imagine myself only participating in pve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

I don't understand the OP. Conquest is PvE(xtractor), and he clearly stated he wants to PvE, but doesn't want to do Conquest?
    Infy <Transience> of Threesprings
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    Yeah I know how you feel. But this, this and this is available through pve,
    None of those give endurance or anywhere near as much benefit to healing/dps as the stats of the conquest trinket alone. It exists to force people to play conquest, just like conquest power decay.

Of course it's not required, hell I don't bother with it. That doesn't make it less stupid.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 03-20-2013 at 10:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast