+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: It's a healers game

Oh guys, Sugar free maple syrup makes the bacon delicious.
    Though, can't say I've tried the duck sauce method.
    Might give that a go one day. :3
    Thunderkat (65) - Tekay (65) - Pfifer (65) - Visionary (65) - Rhailo (65)

<Bounty>'s GL - NA chillest.

Quote Originally Posted by slash_wrists View Post
    Alot of dps fail to realize so often only one or two people focus a healer, do not use their interrupts or cc properly then complain that they can't kill a healer.
    I have target of target on as a healer and i can see who the derps i'm healing are targeting on and i guarantee no more than 1 or two people are on the same target at a time, therefore nothing dies and everyone rages.
    Not to mention the other dumb things dps do, like rebuke/target pets...
    I see dps who literally face tank an entire raid solo to try and kill one healer and then complain that healers are too hard to kill, well i'm sorry you weren't good enough to solo me in the middle of 10 of my teammates...
    Seriously trion please dumb this game down some more
    Baddies won't be happy until it takes absolutely no skill or coordination at all to kill a good healer
    Pretty much this. Since I switched over to healing more I almost never have more than 1 or 2 people attacking me and with cross healing and falling back behind my main line I have zero issues surviving. Instead I see dps focusing tanks or the defiliers beacon of despair. Then they come to the forums and cry that they can't kill anyone. I know when I roll as dps all i focus on are healers and using CD's and timing burst can gib a healer pretty quick when I do a hard swap on to them. Use your brain and don't mindlessly spam and you will see much better outcomes.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

Rift Master

The only way to even the playing field for the terrible dps, is to provide enemy raid frames, that way they can see whose taking dmg easier and easily switch to focus fire ( not that it's hard now, but apparently it is for the vast majority) I assume that's how bad healers outperform bad dps, they either ae heal everyone or easily spot whose taking dmg and can more easily heal who needs heals.

This would however greatly reduce what little fun is still left in rift PvP.

I used to wonder how people were as terrible as they are, then I watched my wife play a battleground in wow, and she was beyond terrible. it's pretty apparent that most of rift PvP players have no situational awareness, no understanding of other classes they're fighting against, no sense of strategy or understanding opportunity ( killing high dps while CCing healers is almost always better than going straight on healers) but understand situations aren't always absolute, and if the opportunity to drop an out of position healer is given, that should be taken advantage of.

I rambled on a lot, but the fact is, most of rift pvpers are casual, and probably couldn't even tell you what role or maybe even class just killed them. They certainly don't know what abilities to interrupt, or who to silence and when.

Sorry to Mr OP, who had 0 skill, but wants to be able to compete vs players that are better than him.
    Last edited by Nooblet; 03-15-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post
    Sorry to Scaramuccia, who had 0 skill, but wants to be able to compete vs players that are better than him.
    ;-; So mean.

wow wait... did I just make an informed guess and an enlightning opinion and someone nobody has ever heard of asks DO YOU PLAY A CLERIC.
    am I not visible enough?
    or is it just a troll attempt by someone with LOL 200 post and low prestige ranks to get noticed.

if you want to get noticed on the forums do what I do. sit at your kitchen table after your kids are in bed and the house is quiet. turn off all the lights and sit there and just look out the window and THINK.be a philosopher and think about what would bring balance and harmony to the pvp meta game and not just what would be best for YOU as a player of a cleric.

go watch some of my old videos. I have to hide behind trees in black garden because I go out of mana after about 4 kills without dying.... now? I can go 20-1 in a warfront and never pause.. did you have to pause the last time you went 20-1? (trick question.. I know)

if you can sit up here and say you run OOM while playing your cleric in TODAYS warhammer I will call you a bold face LIAR. who is only concerned with his own play and not the harmony and wellbeing of the RvR metagame. if that is the case that would be selfish and child-like.
    I am a man, a father a teacher and a philosopher. and Id rather talk about giving up something that would serve me for the overall benefit of our entire community.
    Last edited by BishopX; 03-15-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    just look out the window and THINK.be a philosopher and think about what would bring balance and harmony to the pvp meta game
    I am a man, a father a teacher and a philosopher
    I just had to quote this.

The ligth, I see it now.
    Salace R80 Elzareth R59 Melgria R70+ Gremia L48 EU

wow wait... did I just make an informed guess and an enlightning opinion and someone nobody has ever heard of asks DO YOU PLAY A CLERIC.

He asked if you play a cleric healer.

And if you don't ever run OOM, or have to manage your mana as a healer, the you simply aren't doing much.

Then again you are the one who says he spams cataract for 2minutes and aoe puri shields so...

It's really nice that there are so many Cleric healers on this forum, defending their playstyle, making up stuff (everyone knows you don't go OOM no matter how much you want to say it. I have trouble OOMing a Cleric as a Dom).

It's fine, I get it! I sometimes exaggerate stuff about Pyro even though I do pretty well with it because I want my class to be better. You don't go OOM, and if you do you have a free channeled ability with no cooldown. I use it all the time with Pyrodom! That's why I just cast through betrayal, and TI now because I don't need to worry about them anymore I can just channel mana back.

So let's cut the crap here and think for a minute on why, supposedly healing is just peachy, and you have SUCH a difficult time just staying alive as a poor healer, yet there are so many, many healers in every warfront. Kind of like how there's so many, many Marksman Rogues.
    Last edited by lol r u mad; 03-15-2013 at 11:02 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    It's really nice that there are so many Cleric healers on this forum, defending their playstyle, making up stuff (everyone knows you don't go OOM no matter how much you want to say it. I have trouble OOMing a Cleric as a Dom).

It's fine, I get it! I sometimes exaggerate stuff about Pyro even though I do pretty well with it because I want my class to be better. You don't go OOM, and if you do you have a free channeled ability with no cooldown. I use it all the time with Pyrodom! That's why I just cast through betrayal, and TI now because I don't need to worry about them anymore I can just channel mana back.

So let's cut the crap here and think for a minute on why, supposedly healing is just peachy, and you have SUCH a difficult time just staying alive as a poor healer, yet there are so many, many healers in every warfront. Kind of like how there's so many, many Marksman Rogues.
    how does that saying go again...

its better to not post then post and look like a fool?

sentinel, defiler and warden all will go oom. specifically the first two in pvp. defilers mana return is not channelled, it is instant and reduces their max health. but please tell us more about how other classes work!
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

Sounds like a bad dom.

It's fine, I get it! I sometimes exaggerate stuff about Pyro even though I do pretty well with it because I want my class to be better. You don't go OOM, and if you do you have a free channeled ability with no cooldown. I use it all the time with Pyrodom!
    Did they get rid spark, pyro armour, glyph of power? Because it sounds like pyro innately have better MP preservation straight off the bat.

So let's cut the crap here
    I concur.
    Last edited by Eughe; 03-15-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    how does that saying go again...

its better to not post then post and look like a fool?

sentinel, defiler and warden all will go oom. specifically the first two in pvp. defilers mana return is not channelled, it is instant and reduces their max health. but please tell us more about how other classes work!
    why type about it when you can make a clip? todays generation seems to respond better to visual than to theorycraft

http://youtu.be/5VNiHQ6iQOQ

so........ you were saying?
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

why type about it when you can make a clip? todays generation seems to respond better to visual than to theorycraft

http://youtu.be/5VNiHQ6iQOQ

so........ you were saying?
    Do that with crucial invocation =P
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

I never go oom when I afk and let people die...just saying. Otherwise cleric healers definitely can oom and very fast if we have to spam crucial invocation becuase some derpy dps isn't using CD's or is sitting on the front line with a sea of red around him.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

I Play Defiler in pvp,

And Mana drain is the best way to kill my team

My main 2 GCD Big heal Cost me 36% of my base mana
    I use that 60% of the time, and other variants,

Yes we can recover mana, We can, You are right, I'll tell you how we do, You might understand =)

As for me, As defiler,
    Instant , Recovers 7% Mana, Reduce Hp by 5% ( THat debuffs stacks 5 times )
    When i have to spam it, I end up with having 25% Less Hp, Makes Me VERY vulnerable
    Also 7% per GCD is'nt that great, Its better than nothing

Also, WHen i Use that to Recover MANA, You realise i dont heal anyone?
    If you force a healer to dont heal, Then you really help your team ^^

The Sentinel mana regen is'nt really great either,
    Channeled, 5% regen every second for 10 second?
    Interuptable, The cleric must Stand still, Any good pvper, knows that standing still in PVP = Vulnerable,
    Also, When the cleric gets mana back, he does no healing

As for warden its very similar to Sentinel,
    Except they have Cascade that returns 15% mana, But then again it use a GCD

As for Purifier, Luckily Purifier is usually not as Hard on mana, But still, If drained, it can become annoying,
    Its the same as Defiler, Except that the debuff you get, is REALLY making you vulnerable
    Increase your damage Taken by 5%, Stackable 5 times, To 25% more damage taken :|

There's so many clueless people around...

Knowledge is power

Learn

Get Better

<3, Exxy

It's silly to perpetrate this myth that clerics go OOM, they don't. I know this because pyrodom was always a huge mana hog and still is. But I don't care anymore because a 5 second channel means I don't have to worry about managing my mana. I've said in past posts, when I play Dom I watch clerics start channeling mana when I wrench them, it's a complete joke. Don't you think there's something wrong when skills like TI and betrayal aren't really threatening anymore? I know they aren't threatening to me so I'm just going to cast through them, my teammates have free mana returns of their own so whatever.

I totally get it though, I used to post about how lightning burst was perfectly balanced and people were bad if they got 1 shot by it, but I knew it was broken as hell. I just wanted to continue owning people with it cause it was fun.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast