+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Subbed back up to pvp.

welcome back, we are all pretty spread out TFS is gone still some good guardian PvP on Seastone from what I hear. most have gone to PvE shards for faction mixed guilds. Not much left of pyro/dom these day. 61 dom is fun though you might enjoy it.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

pyrodom still puts out a lot of damage but ill most likey lean towards pyrolock like the old days. harb is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Fryday View Post
    pyrodom still puts out a lot of damage but ill most likey lean towards pyrolock like the old days. harb is dumb.
    The most damaging specs are pet specs now its kinda funny lol

What shard are my pvp homies on?
    No more warhammer? Or did that game die finally?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    i note you failed to mention that mages are superior melee dps than warriors, or that warrior tempests are even more of a glass cannon than any mage ranged soul ever was.

thats right, i'm disputing your claim for the bottom of the totem and stating that is the warriors place right now.
    Rb x temp is a better dps then harb. Harb can survive longer. Fair tradeoff but as far as doing pure damage its the melee warrior. Fear the rift strike.

Mages have no boost for mitigation and warriors usually had the best natural mitigation so unless things changed im pretty sure the temp is less of a glass cannon then most mage specs that are glass cannons. Try a mage and see.

If anything id be complaining that warriors dont have enough viable pvp specs, and to boost valor slightly to bring more melee specs back into the ring. Oh and nerf rogue hybrid dps/tanks since they tank better then a pure warrior tank yet somehow dish out damage like a dps spec. They also add to the problem of people not dying since they live forever if properly played (not hard to heal and keep them up). Id be complaining majorly if i was a tank warrior seeing another class do better tanking and dps wonderfully.

Ascendant

Dots kind of suck now save for one on one if you kite well. In a wf pure damage loaded gains more kbs and overall damage. I wouldnt go more then 15 points into lock currently. Its a gimped soul imo and i used to use it as a pyro chlorolock. Better off pyrodom or even harbpyro, but u stated u dont like harb.

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    No more warhammer? Or did that game die finally?
    It still has a decent pvp community (abiet, small) but since scs rarely pop it's almost not worth playing. I've always enjoyed instanced pvp over orvr, even for solo queing.

Mages have always been low on the totem pole for survivability and the one thing warhammer has is front/back line pvp because of the collision system.

But then again i've always been a front line glass cannon but since they nerfed the pyrodom's resource denial capabilites, id be better off playing full pyro or a dot spec. (Since my pvp goals have always been top damage/kbs.)
    Last edited by Fryday; 02-28-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Rb x temp is a better dps then harb. Harb can survive longer. Fair tradeoff but as far as doing pure damage its the melee warrior. Fear the rift strike.
    melee viability does not revolve around damage, it revolves around survivability. so your "fair trade" is actualy a win for the harb.

Mages have no boost for mitigation and warriors usually had the best natural mitigation so unless things changed im pretty sure the temp is less of a glass cannon then most mage specs that are glass cannons. Try a mage and see.
    warrior mitigation in rift has always been terrible.
    sure, warriors have a nice high armor stat. but what good is that when everyone is hitting you with elemental damage?
    the second reason warriors have such poor survivability is that we have three tank trees. all other classes have one or none. ALL our survivability skills are in those three trees. not in our dps souls. for the other classes, they might have less survivability skills, but they have them in the souls that are actualy usefull in pvp.
    this is why harb beats rb on survivability. if a warrior wants his 61pt rb to have survivability equal to a harbs, he needs to drop down to 41pts in rb and put everything else into a tank soul. the loss in damage compared to the gain in survivability is totaly out of line in such a trade off.

P.S. hang on, isnt this thread about Fryday coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

melee viability does not revolve around damage, it revolves around survivability. so your "fair trade" is actualy a win for the harb.

warrior mitigation in rift has always been terrible.
    sure, warriors have a nice high armor stat. but what good is that when everyone is hitting you with elemental damage?
    the second reason warriors have such poor survivability is that we have three tank trees. all other classes have one or none. ALL our survivability skills are in those three trees. not in our dps souls. for the other classes, they might have less survivability skills, but they have them in the souls that are actualy usefull in pvp.
    this is why harb beats rb on survivability. if a warrior wants his 61pt rb to have survivability equal to a harbs, he needs to drop down to 41pts in rb and put everything else into a tank soul. the loss in damage compared to the gain in survivability is totaly out of line in such a trade off.

P.S. hang on, isnt this thread about Fryday coming back?
    Id have to disagree because there is more to a wf then just yourself so someone who wanted to do optimal damage can do better as a healed dps warrior Vs a healed harb. By and far damage and kbs go to the warrior, and a harb cant mimic this if it wants to. On the same coin a dps warrior cant mimic the harbs survivability without losing its good dps.

Everyone does elemental damage and mages have no tank tree. Therefore since we already know warriors have higher armor mitigation yes the temp warrior has more survivability then that caster mage. Hes also moving and casting so id say thats pretty significant above the measly survivability issues with both. Aside from harb just imagine all mages are as easy to kill as the glass cannon temp. I know how it is on my mage and my temp warrior. You would need a healing soul to help out but also deal lesd damage to equal the balance of tank/dps.

Yes this thread is about fryday but someone needs to let him know hes old stuff. We've done moved on into saturday.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 02-28-2013 at 03:59 PM.

tovl was always a better bright wizard than you!

Everyone does elemental damage and mages have no tank tree. Therefore since we already know warriors have higher armor mitigation yes the temp warrior has more survivability then that caster mage.
    your first sentance there denies the second.

everyone does elemental damage. elemental damage ignores armour.
    warriors have higher armour, that mitigates physical attacks only.
    but everyones doing elemental damage...

a warriors survivability does not come from their armour, as armour plays no role in mitigating 99% of attacks.
    it comes from abilities picked up from the souls they choose, active or passive abilities.

all of the warriors defensive abilities, such as increased resistance, are in the tank souls. and rb/temp glass cannon uses no tank soul.

mages have no tank souls. but they still have defensive abilities (insult to injury, planar shield, essence of wind, leaf on the wind, planar retreat, storm shroud).

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

mages have no tank souls. but they still have defensive abilities (insult to injury, planar shield, essence of wind, leaf on the wind, planar retreat, storm shroud).
    Everyone seems to downplay how awesome this particular ability is too:

http://www.rifthead.com/trait/2215/fire-shield

Shield of Telara

.15 * 20,000 = 3,000. That's one mediocre attack every 30 seconds. Pardon me if I don't excrete cement blocks when someone can do more than that with one attack, dozens of times in the duration of the cd.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    .15 * 20,000 = 3,000. That's one mediocre attack every 30 seconds. Pardon me if I don't excrete cement blocks when someone can do more than that with one attack, dozens of times in the duration of the cd.
    Actually, I thought the passive pyro shield proc was also affected by the global shield nerf in pvp. If so, it would only be worth about 1500hp per encounter, which doesn't even offset the gap in base health between deep pyro and tempest.

This oversight impacts survivability for a lot of specs, tempest and most mage souls included. One-off shields with 30+ second cds shouldn't be halved the way much more spammable shields are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast