+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Heals and Valor are right were they need to be. Solo heal BG to victory (video)

Default Heals and Valor are right were they need to be. Solo heal BG to victory (video)

I know there was a lot of warriors but still If I am able to solo heal a BG to victory heals are just fine and so is valor. It is still hard to kill me but not impossible and by no means am I OP. I am just stating that if I can do this heals and mitigation do not need an increase of any kind in my opinion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs5CT...ature=youtu.be
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

Zero pressure on the healer, you got targeted what once with abit of burst? I wish i took so little damage every time i decided to heal.

Nice!!
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Soulwalker

I have to agree with Kronor...There was barely ever someone attacking you, you died to like 1 or 2 people attacking you once. From my perspective, as a cleric you arent a threat healing yourself, therefore it should require more than 1-2 to take you down considering you cant fight back without dying. The problem is they nerfed healing in PVP mostly for chloros because you heal WHILE attacking. a 3k healing invocation as sent every 2 seconds wont allow anyone to survive to 2 people attacking.

They tried to get to me, but I was on a good team and they understood that when I was being hit they should come kill that person quick. Like I said I am not OP had a good team they charged out in front and let me do my job. As a healer that is what it should take a team effort.
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

Quote Originally Posted by Abealri View Post
    They tried to get to me, but I was on a good team and they understood that when I was being hit they should come kill that person quick. Like I said I am not OP had a good team they charged out in front and let me do my job. As a healer that is what it should take a team effort.
    While it's true you had a good team looking out for you, most of the time it doesn't seem to work out that way.

IMO, the healing nerf should be reversed.

Really great healing on your part though!
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Abealri View Post
    good video man. i played in a white steppe this morning and Mire basically solo healed it marked 1 the whole time. healing is still very powerful right now. its still the difference in almost ever pug game i play.

i would still increase valor 2.5% though for melee's sake
    Last edited by dday; 02-23-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    good video man. i played in a white steppe this morning and Mire basically solo healed it marked 1 the whole time. healing is still very powerful right now. its still the difference in almost ever pug game i play.

i would still increase valor 2.5% though for melee's sake
    Agreed. Healing seems fine to me right now, the 5% nerf doesn't seem to make much of an impact when healing players (only a difference of ~200hp on a single target heal, though it adds up with multiple healers). The scoreboard is another matter, but who cares about that? FYI I was against nerfing heals earlier, but the patch did make things better in some respects.

I do think that increasing valor by 2.5% will improve things further.

All they need to do is revert the valor change and everything will be fine.

PvP is too bursty still.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

Ascendant

Cleric: Self heals and healing others are fine on my cleric. Healing is fine from this aspect.
    Rogue: Heals/damage output is fine on my rogue since its aoe heals and not listed as the 2 main healing callings it serves its purpose and is fun. Also can put out some decent damage and KB's.
    Mage: Self heals are horrible and I die to a fly on my chloro but heal others good-not as good as cleric but it also does damage so that balances out. The dying easily has me playing my other callings.
    Warrior: Never tried healing on a warrior and I'm pretty sure its near worthless. Not related I built a RB x temp and it is pretty easy to rock on this build if you get any decent heals.

Overall though as someone said for melee's sake buff valor.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 02-23-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Warrior: Never tried healing on a warrior and I'm pretty sure its near worthless.
    Somehow pulled out a win in KR Thursday night with our top two healers being warriors.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Some matches can go into a stalemate or a long drawn out stand off. Several Karthan Ridges went to full timer, and RM weekend actually was a pita to deal with all the healers on both sides but good testing ground.Healing is in a MORE than good place from my observation of these warfronts.

With good healers pocketed healed melee tank and hybrid perform well at what looks to be their job killing less but focusing on pushing protecting and pressuring and assisting. A key to winning against pew is to hybrid assist others. VK tank and wl/pals still doing well in pushing the frontline and pulling enemies to die. I think we are at a place where the most options are available to the players. It is not about pure healing, pure dpsing.. Controlling the field with a tank or sabotaging with a sin still has a niche in some warfronts. It is not perfect but a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Somehow pulled out a win in KR Thursday night with our top two healers being warriors.
    id lights balm you all day every day buddy

Heh, I was in a Library match and someone was yelling about heals still needing to be nerfed, as their team was unable to produce any kills. Gave it a glance - every person on their team was 600 DPS or below aside from a single MM that was tossing out some rather unfocused Sentry Battery spam to the tune of 2k. Good example of neither factor of damage and heals being entirely separate.

I also solo healed a Whitefall match as a bard with only 3 kills from the enemy team all match. I... cannot explain how that happened, as it would seem to be an unfathomable terribleness on the other team's part that I never expected to see produced, even by a Rift PUG WF.

Anyways, I'd just give it a little more time to see how compositions settle in response to the changes as a whole. If anything, I imagine they could bump up the valor reduction just a little bit more, but by a very small amount.

Default My thoughts.

I watched the video a couple times to see exactly how it went. I don't think that this situation is a good representation of a normal game. The other team was stuck on the ledge the whole game, and did nothing in the way of focus fire with the exception of the two players, including the one Inquisitor, that burned you down on your only death in the match. However, I did notice that despite this being a fairly one sided game, that there were still an inordinate number of deaths on your team. If in this situation the other team had picked up (this happens often and can totally change the flow of a game) even one very good dps, you would not have been able to keep up with the added pressure alone. I don't think healers should be able to solo heal wfs, but in a situation where one healer is basically only healing themselves and five or so other players, they should be able to handle all but the best focus fire, barring well timed CC to counter you. Given how quickly you tanked it when you did get focus fired, I think pulling back the valor nerf by some margin would iron out most of the issues I saw in that video. Again, just my thoughts.

Side note, I don't know what your gear level is, but when you get to where you can afford the Warlord fourpiece, and can get the Defiler purple crystal, that you might consider trying this build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...zsR0uquM.M.-11

I noticed you got interrupted at some key points in that video, and using this build very much eliminates that as a variable when healing, and also helps some with maintaining multiple targets.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast