+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Warfronts are EXTREMELY Defiant Sided....

Default Where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by JackFrosty View Post
    I just checked the 2.2 patch notes. There is no nerf coming to TAC. Where are you getting this from?
    I am looking for those patchnotes. Where did you find them at? I wanna start my QQ early this patch cycle.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

All I know is I played 9 WFs last night. Won all of them.

Guardian btw
    Beerzerker (used to be Hog/Pig) - Warrior - P84

Weezard (used to be Runemaster) - Mage - P81

Pig <3

Hi there!
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    I can confirm what the OP is experiencing. I have a lvl 58 guardian. From lvl 50 up until now, I have seen nothing but defiants obliterating guardians in warfronts. Guardians get a win off every once in a while (I think they are better at KR) but, yeah it's painful. I get what you're saying.

Once you hit 60, it gets better, trust me. Save those daily WFs for then.
    On my cleric 50-55 today we won about 50/50, although I know what they are experiencing. Time of day makes a big difference. Also, if you que right in a row those same bad pvp'ers you had in the last WF....guess what? They are with you again. And those same good defiants that like to pvp, well they will probably be queing longer then you so you keep seeing them over and over again. At certain times and brackets too you get problems with classes like today tons of warrior temps running around hitting LT which is overly powerful until about 60. It the nature of the beast.

Also, as someone pointed out, objectives win the game not stats. If no one is doing objectives you will lose constantly. At your level Many times the better team loses since everyone wants to see nice numbers and don't play the game to win. Here is a breakdown of your most effective player:

BG: Time holding fang
    Whitefall: # stone turn ins
    Library: Time holding rune
    PS: # stone turn ins
    Codex: # flag captures alternatively defensive kills

Hopefully you get my point. Of course I realize that healer keeping everyone alive is crucial (a given), and that great dps taking out the enemies is crucial (a given), but what is generally ignored and not a given is the ability to simply do the objectives to win the game. Most people want to ignore objectives, however, because it cuts into their statistics of Heals and dps and KB's

Hi Pridy
    Beerzerker (used to be Hog/Pig) - Warrior - P84

Weezard (used to be Runemaster) - Mage - P81

Ascendant

Wrastion nailed it. If you are losing consistently, you are likely cycling with a bad team - or simply against a significantly better team. Take a five minute break/PvE and then queue again.

On the flip side, if you are consistently winning queue immediately at all costs. I had a great run today cycling with a good cleric healer and melee rogue. One of the few rogues to ever make it into my priority-healing list.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Anathemus View Post
    Secondly, The merc system that has been in place for god knows how long now pretty much functions as a random queue and all but entirely negates the faction specifics of pvp
    This isn't true. The merc system only places you on the other team if there is an imbalance of Guards and Defiant queueing. This is painful when all the good players join only one faction's queue.

imo WFs and CQ would benefit from completely randon queues.

Ascendant

I'd say I win 90%+ of matches if I'm healing. A lot less consistent otherwise.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Soulwalker

level 56 warrior here. As a lot of folks have said, it REALLY depends on the time of day, example I jumped on the other night around 10pm(EST) and the first 5 WF's we got absolutely smashed by the guards, I then got queued with the guards for 2 games and got some wins.

I then stopped Queuing and did some stuff with the guild, returned about two hours later to the WF's and the guards got hammered for the last 5-6 games of the night.

Stick to the GOALS of the WF. Dont be afraid to encourage your teammates to stick to the goals as well. Sure some *******s might not pay you any attention or even try to have a EPEEN war.. The guy worried about his overall DMG isn't the guy making a difference. the guy who held the Chalice in the Library for 3 1/2 mins made the difference well him and the healers / people who protected him.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sibylla View Post
    Just a note cause it always bugs me, kills and dmg don't win warfronts and bagging about Tac AoE dmg that has a nerf coming isn't exactly special.

That said yesterday I played Def 55-59 and we got spanked for a handful of matches in a row. Time of day people you play with and your play style all come into play.

But it sounds like you are a typical player who only thinks in terms of dmg and kills. Do you switch to Bard or Bard/Tac when you lack heals? Do you mark healers and play objectives?
    Yeah I have played my alt rogue a bit lately in the lower 50s and over the past several days I found that Guardian was winning most of the time, when I played. Stuff happens. At 60 I find it pretty even over time, but if you get caught in a certain cycle or with the same people who play the same time of day, then you can see streaks of losing and feel cursed.

Also there is some whacked up stuff pre 60, with some specs insanely overpowered, people not knowing what they are doing and other things.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Rift Disciple

Losing, losing, losing - it really is frustrating! I have just reached 60 so tonight was my first night in wfs at that level. The Guardians got decimated again and again. I did pause between wfs from time to time to try to shake up which group I was in but to no avail. I was in two winning groups and a lot more losing groups. I wouldn't blame anyone particularly for this but it is correct that the objectives are often not pursued.

Surely though, the Defiants don't have any inbuilt advantage? Are they more in to pvp or something? Do they queue up as a balanced raid group? I don't know but it is enough to take the heart out of anyone.

I have been doing wfs between about 7 and 9 pm GMT as I thought that was a good time but maybe I will try a totally different time of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Beraps View Post
    I have been doing wfs between about 7 and 9 pm GMT as I thought that was a good time but maybe I will try a totally different time of day.
    Or do what you think the defiants are doing. If you can't get it done by yourself queue up with some friends and go from there.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Beraps View Post
    Losing, losing, losing - it really is frustrating! I have just reached 60 so tonight was my first night in wfs at that level. The Guardians got decimated again and again. I did pause between wfs from time to time to try to shake up which group I was in but to no avail. I was in two winning groups and a lot more losing groups. I wouldn't blame anyone particularly for this but it is correct that the objectives are often not pursued.

Surely though, the Defiants don't have any inbuilt advantage? Are they more in to pvp or something? Do they queue up as a balanced raid group? I don't know but it is enough to take the heart out of anyone.

When SL was released guardians usually decimated defiants. The defiants are a little more active on the high end at some times. Usually the good players on guardians finished ranking and do their daily and cq .. but they don't play as often to carry the lower end. Many of the times I have seen a large number of defiants on our team to fill in the slots.

So what you are seeing is a cycle thing happening where you came in at the same time the better players stop being active and you are probably dealing with players that are on the high end..as a newbie. Getting all those runes, warlord gear and stuff starts adding up severely to your advantage. You can use feast though to equalize it since most of them do not use feast. Feast make a bigger difference for lower players.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-09-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Warfronts aren't usually defiant or guardian sided in my experience, there is too much switching sides and randomness involved in the long run (short term there is definitely streaks though from similar people going in together). But everyone always thinks their side is doing worse. I've heard this so much from both sides.
    In my opinion the real culprit is that bad experiences in warfronts tend to stick out more in your mind than the good warfronts. Everyone remembers the 7 game losing streak because it suuuccked, but the 7 game winning streak just seemed to fly by.
    Last edited by Inixia; 03-09-2013 at 04:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast