+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Violacea

Thread: Training WFs

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default Training WFs

    Past Level 30, players should be forced to do a series of sample WFs before joining a real WF.

    I've been there myself and it sucks trying to get info on how to do it. It's really bad now that Conquest awards prestige. We got rank 50s who have never done a real wf, but they're superstars in Conquest.

    Go to any wf at any level and ask. A huge percentage have never played/don't know how to play.

    A quick fix would be to group players by the amount of experience they have in a particular wf.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baald View Post
    Past Level 30, players should be forced to do a series of sample WFs before joining a real WF.

    I've been there myself and it sucks trying to get info on how to do it. It's really bad now that Conquest awards prestige. We got rank 50s who have never done a real wf, but they're superstars in Conquest.

    Go to any wf at any level and ask. A huge percentage have never played/don't know how to play.

    A quick fix would be to group players by the amount of experience they have in a particular wf.
    I'm not all for forcing people to do aspects of the game they don't want to. Example I don't want to pve to get my pvp stuff, but am forced to via CQ which I hate.

    I understand what you are saying but I"d also guess said players who've no experience and just join a WF find out quickly they don't like it and/or aren't very good at pvp. If they enjoy the pvp they will stay and learn. If not they won't join a WF again and stay in CQ zergs for what they are after.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    I'm not all for forcing people to do aspects of the game they don't want to. Example I don't want to pve to get my pvp stuff, but am forced to via CQ which I hate.

    I understand what you are saying but I"d also guess said players who've no experience and just join a WF find out quickly they don't like it and/or aren't very good at pvp. If they enjoy the pvp they will stay and learn. If not they won't join a WF again and stay in CQ zergs for what they are after.
    i like the OPs idea but i also agree with you that players should not be forced into content they do not wish to take part in.

    to that end, i suggest players cannot enter a "real" warfront until they have x wins in a training match that holds the players hand throughout.
    players would not be forced into pvp, but if they want to try out pvp, they would need to unlock the "real" maps - repeating the win x matches for each different map - by completing the training maps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    FWIW somewhere the official Rift website should include a PvP section that outlines all the specific rules and every factor that contributes to the gameplay/score in detail. The brief descriptions are alright but they don't explain things like how many points codex cap points give and what the interval between point ticks is. How much certain things in Port Scion give for killing them. Stuff like that.

    I never thought it would be hard, it certainly could be typed up in an hour - would be nice if it was in an official spot though.

    On a side note, why are green balls still broken?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara Thedarkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    FWIW somewhere the official Rift website should include a PvP section that outlines all the specific rules and every factor that contributes to the gameplay/score in detail. The brief descriptions are alright but they don't explain things like how many points codex cap points give and what the interval between point ticks is. How much certain things in Port Scion give for killing them. Stuff like that.

    I never thought it would be hard, it certainly could be typed up in an hour - would be nice if it was in an official spot though.

    On a side note, why are green balls still broken?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syphilis

  6. #6
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Well that link lists treatments, so lets get those green balls working again.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  7. #7
    Rift Master Anathemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    676

    Default All players learn the same way.

    Dancing on the end of an Assassins knife. Sucks to be one of the little guys. But we all had to do it, so should they. Besides, as a cleric, noobs are all I get to kill.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

  8. #8
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anathemus View Post
    Dancing on the end of an Assassins knife. Sucks to be one of the little guys. But we all had to do it, so should they. Besides, as a cleric, noobs are all I get to kill.
    the problem is when they decide to wait till lvl 60 to do it, go into their very first karthan ridge match and pick up a stone.

    its not so much that they are poor players who die easilly. its that they have no idea what they are doing, where they should be, or why their team is doing what its doing. even just one just player can cause his own team to lose, eg; the KR example, runs stone up his own side, dies, and the enemy gets an easy cap.

    you might be happy when you find one on the enemy team.
    but i dont want them on mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  9. #9
    Champion Kat Fantastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Idk. I don't see anything wrong with an introductory 'this is how this warfront works' map. I mean, when you start a new character, they stick you in a mandatory starter area so you learn the basics of the game. Why not have one mandatory sequence of each warfront map to give people the information they are expected to already have? heck, it could even be an optional tutorial that you could skip through, like the early game cut scenes.

    Might help cut down on the amount of people complaining they get stuck on bad teams full of people who don't know how to play.
    Thunderkat (65) - Tekay (65) - Pfifer (65) - Visionary (65) - Rhailo (65)


    <Bounty>'s GL - NA chillest.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Xnats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    323

    Default

    It would be really great is something is done.
    As the PvP newb your all referring to, some kind of guidance, tutorial or easy to find read on the forum would be great. Youtube is great but it lacks the why, this is being done. I was so embarrassed on my first WF try with my Main, I decided to roll a pvp alt. At least at level 10 you only have 2-4 buttons to push, so one can concentrate on the objective. It's just a shame to spend time leveling an alt, just to learn something. Before, I get bashed for that statement, I only have 1 lvl 60 toon. My Rift time is some what limited. I just really wish I got into PvP with my main from the start a few months back.
    o well - back to using the search feature.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    i like the OPs idea but i also agree with you that players should not be forced into content they do not wish to take part in.

    to that end, i suggest players cannot enter a "real" warfront until they have x wins in a training match that holds the players hand throughout.
    players would not be forced into pvp, but if they want to try out pvp, they would need to unlock the "real" maps - repeating the win x matches for each different map - by completing the training maps.
    This might be a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser parangea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xnats View Post
    It would be really great is something is done.
    As the PvP newb your all referring to, some kind of guidance, tutorial or easy to find read on the forum would be great. Youtube is great but it lacks the why, this is being done. I was so embarrassed on my first WF try with my Main, I decided to roll a pvp alt. At least at level 10 you only have 2-4 buttons to push, so one can concentrate on the objective. It's just a shame to spend time leveling an alt, just to learn something. Before, I get bashed for that statement, I only have 1 lvl 60 toon. My Rift time is some what limited. I just really wish I got into PvP with my main from the start a few months back.
    o well - back to using the search feature.
    thank you for taking the time to learn the content you enjoy, while not hindering us to do the same. wish more people were like you. as for the limited play time, i got the same problem, and it's kinda sad im still not R60 becouse of it..

    as to the matter at hand, i say YES, a big one, a loud one. preferably forced upon them (like CQ and pve...), so that they NEED to learn first, and then we can kill them, and they don't hinder our play as much as it is now.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser StuffedDuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Most players should be forced to do a 'How to open a map' workshop and not to forget the 'What could that number, sign, whatever above the red name mean' course.

    However, I really would love to see a 'must have absolved' tutorial for WFs ...




    ... I hate my faction today
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordplay View Post
    He wasnt wearing hes rank 8 gear he had 0valor with that crit on full valor ppl i crit for 6k only.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts