+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Randomize a bit more CQ's Q, Trion, Dom Winning 98% of the CQ is'nt fun!

Default Randomize a bit more CQ's Q, Trion, Dom Winning 98% of the CQ is'nt fun!

All good pvpers just dont try, When they dont get dom,

At one point, Q's were a bit more random, and it was way more balanced...

Is it supposed to be Dom winning 98% of the CQ,

is it supposed to be Dom Wiping both Oath and NF 95% of the time,

It makes no sense?

Can Trion Fix That?

Its supposed to be a 3faction pvp action, Right now its a Dom domination or nothing

<3, Exxy

Who needs randomization when we have your OP shields? Insta victory.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

Dom is quite the laughing stock in the EU wargroup

Oh hmm... you said here that you were good at leading CQ raids and even attempt to form premades. Maybe you should try to lead - if you're saying you're good at it. I was in a CQ with you yesterday, and all you did was troll CQ chat and run into opposing zergs screaming KAMIKAZE to the point that myself and others /ignored you (maybe that's why you have trouble getting people to join your group?).

If I'm not mistaken, there are some premades late in the evening. Seems like Nightfail had the pain train last night... and don't forget how Oath tends to ninja win. It's not a queue issue. People will start dropping raid if their team is having trouble, which leads to lopsided raids... which leads to loss. So it's a player created issue. You can't force people to stay and participate.

Few people are interested in winning if they join CQ from the beginning.
    "Winning" is from queuing after timer.

I prefer Nightfall and Oath because the small numbers and general atmosphere of the underdog. You have to play better because you don't have the numbers or the morale.

Dom zergs can be fun, too, of course, but it's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    Well it's all up to the players that are on the team. Trion can randomize all they want, there will always be a fotm team that all the players who actually play conquest and play to win flock to, while the others filled up with jumping AFKers. ( now jumping outside )

This won't change as long as people are rewarded a significant amount for doing nothing at the end of the match instead of evenly spreading out the reward and only giving the winners a bonus amount at the end. Is Trion afraid of fixing conquest properly?

I mean if you want to really win that badly Exxyy, get like-minded players together and coordinate, because mindless pug raids don't stand a chance lol.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Oh hmm... you said here that you were good at leading CQ raids and even attempt to form premades. Maybe you should try to lead - if you're saying you're good at it. I was in a CQ with you yesterday, and all you did was troll CQ chat and run into opposing zergs screaming KAMIKAZE to the point that myself and others /ignored you (maybe that's why you have trouble getting people to join your group?).

If I'm not mistaken, there are some premades late in the evening. Seems like Nightfail had the pain train last night... and don't forget how Oath tends to ninja win. It's not a queue issue. People will start dropping raid if their team is having trouble, which leads to lopsided raids... which leads to loss. So it's a player created issue. You can't force people to stay and participate.
    Nah. Dom simply has more people each and every match, especially at off-hours like early morning. They will have 60-80 while Oath has 20-40. NF will be lucky to have 20. It happens almost all day every day. It's not balanced and needs to be fixed. The only time the other 2 factions have a chance is when:

A) Aqua runs a NF premade (even then he has a hard time winning the match even though his team usually rakes in the kills).

B) Dom people are just lousy. (You can be lousy if you have their zerg so it doesn't usually matter).

Trion, please hire some Devs who understand basic arithmetic. The numbers should be as even as possible. 80 vs 20 is not "fair" and I don't see how you can defend it.

A couple of possible solutions:

1) Completely randomize queues giving players no choice in faction. This is the nuclear option and would work, but I think there's a better way. See 2.

2) Allow players to chose faction but if the faction they want to join outnumbers the others, force them into one of the others. In other words. if I try and join Dom and they have 30 but Oath and NF both have less than 20, I should be forced into one of them. Right now it seems you just let people join whatever faction until it's full. This is FAIL. The match ALWAYS starts with Dom full and the other two vastly outnumbered (especially NF). The queue should be dynamic -- i.e. it keeps track of how many are in each faction all the time and shuffles people around (before they enter of course). So if Dom is 5 people short of being "full" the next 5 people to queue don't automatically get in Dom -- they get in the faction with the fewest.

Option 2 would still allow people to premade if they want. If a premade joins (say Aqua and his premade), put them in the faction with the fewest people. Pretty simple.

In Europe Nightfall wins 90% of the time (NF zerg wipes everyone nearly always) while Dom/oath are just lol.

Pre map extractor map changes, Oathsworn used to win nearly 100% of the time.

Play mentality issue.

But yeah, randomly putting people into a side is what should be done. The current way to decide to not join if you don't get your team doesn't really work. It helps a lot, but doesn't work 100%. I think a better solution would be to not show your team until you join. The same way as when you join a warfront, you don't know if you're Defiant or Guardian.

Would you click to join a warfront that says you've been allocated to Guardian, when Guards have lost the last 30 matches in a row that evening? :P
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by minipara View Post
    Dom is quite the laughing stock in the EU wargroup
    Well depends... You never know what happens late night in EU

In general I think Oath is what people avoid in EU atm, unless you're there to kill the mini bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    All good pvpers just dont try, When they dont get dom,

At one point, Q's were a bit more random, and it was way more balanced...

is it supposed to be Dom Wiping both Oath and NF 95% of the time,

It makes no sense?

Can Trion Fix That?

Its supposed to be a 3faction pvp action, Right now its a Dom domination or nothing

<3, Exxy
    assign everyone a random team for the week. fixed

Default There must be something complicated about completely randomizing queue...

Or is it maintained strickly for a Lore perspective (Faction recruiters in main cities and such?)

I am just wondering if it was implemented (FULL randomization)... how many of you would be right back here QQing about how HAWRD it is to get (3) weekly wins...2000 kills... 12 tractors...

DOM has NOT been winning 98% at PEAK times in the last few days... (NA)

*pssst*... the team with a most organized and cooperative effort did...
    *cough cough... just like in WFs (ZOWMGG issa PREMADE)...

Coordinate, stay POSITIVE if at all in chat... good things happen
    Last edited by Jool; 02-22-2013 at 06:15 AM.
    Jooliah
    Guardian Mage Faeblight
    Manumanu
    Defiant Primalist Faeblight
    Nordvegr

Dom is not winning every game during prime time, not even close. We ran last night and completely stifled both sides for 2 games. First game we had 1300 kills and were double teamed at the end, Oath swept the map will small groups at the end and got a nice win.

2nd game we won on NF with 50% of the map and 1500+ kills. Oath had a 20+ man being led by Kodo. He put up a nice fight and did what he could to try and rally Oath to a win. Respect the man for stepping up and taking all the BS that comes with leading on the weak sides.

A win is a win....well I don't take any satisfaction "winning" on Dom with 2-1 and sometimes 3-1 odds against everyone else. Get 200 kills and zerg the map with no resistance...yeah that's a quality win... give me a break.

In Europe it's NF who has the masses and Oath and Dom can barely fill their ranks enough. I do not understand how difficult it can be to tell a system that 40 = 40 = 40. Trion's system seems to calculate some 80 = 60 = 40 because that's how I see Conquest matches happening. NF with lots more players than Oath and Dom. It is not about strategy or who has the better pvp players or more dedicated players, it's simply about numbers and the imbalance.
    I am so annoyed by this and disappointed that Trion cannot or will not fix this.

Sure, just because Nightfall has at least 1 raid more than the other teams at all times does not make them win every match. Especially in the afternoon and evening matches, games often end in either a tie or Oath or Dom winning and I could always laugh then, because in the 5min that matter, NF still sticks together like glue, usually controlling like 50% of the map and Oath and Dom only have blue extractors to cap in order to secure a victory or cripple NF enough. The entire match NF runs around the map chasing Oath's and Dom's wiping them again and again and they loose the match because 80 NF are sitting on one extractor while Oath and Dom swarm out and you see blues blinking all over the map.
    But it is frustrating to never have a chance, no matter what role you play or what build you think might be good to support the team, it doesn't matter because we just melt. The only fights we can pick is with Oath (or Dom respectively).

But then again it's not always about winning. 2500 kills and NF makes a 1000 before the 66% or drags the match out long enough to get 2000 kills before some people on NF actually get tired of running around the map like idiots, that's a lot of Prestige and Favor to get from a flawed system.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aquafria View Post
    Dom is not winning every game during prime time, not even close. We ran last night and completely stifled both sides for 2 games. First game we had 1300 kills and were double teamed at the end, Oath swept the map will small groups at the end and got a nice win.

2nd game we won on NF with 50% of the map and 1500+ kills. Oath had a 20+ man being led by Kodo. He put up a nice fight and did what he could to try and rally Oath to a win. Respect the man for stepping up and taking all the BS that comes with leading on the weak sides.

A win is a win....well I don't take any satisfaction "winning" on Dom with 2-1 and sometimes 3-1 odds against everyone else. Get 200 kills and zerg the map with no resistance...yeah that's a quality win... give me a break.
    But you're running a premade, Aqua. Sure you can win in that case. I am talking about PUG v PUG. No one has a chance against Dom because Trion doesn't give us even teams. Dom outnumbers Oath at LEAST 3-1.. They outnumber NF 5-1 at least. It's simply BS and needs to be fixed. How much QQ would there be if in Karthan you were on a team with 4 people and the other side had 15? It wouldn't go on very long.

I don't mind losing when the teams are even. I just hate going in knowing it's going to be a debacle each and every time. 200 Dom vs. one raid of 20.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast