+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Misun

Thread: Flamethrowers and Lightning Bolt Warriors

Soulwalker

Default Flamethrowers and Lightning Bolt Warriors

This post is not a whine or complaint on them but rather looking for advice as a new player on how to best counter these two.

They are all I run across and I currently have a cleric level 18 and a mage level 29. In both PvP brackets the other team is 80% of these souls.

My questions are:
    How do I compete against souls that can kill me in less time that I can get one heal off on my self?
    Do any of their abilities require then to stand still?
    At what bracket does my cleric or mage become on par with them?

Its hard to enjoy the PvP aspect of Rift if I spend more time in the respawn point than doing good for the war front.

Soulwalker

Tempest warriors do more damage standing still. I play one and i agree it's high damage burst if played correctly. My warrior finds clerics and rogues the most effective against me.At level 60 your mage or cleric will do fine against both classes causing you grief.
    Some tips on fighting Tempest is move backwards out of range of them or get behind them.
    The Tempest warrior may have good damage but it goes down like a sack of taters.
    Rayteh i play a Warlock as my main and a Tempest with 8 dots on it dies quick enough

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rayteh View Post
    This post is not a whine or complaint on them but rather looking for advice as a new player on how to best counter these two.

They are all I run across and I currently have a cleric level 18 and a mage level 29. In both PvP brackets the other team is 80% of these souls.

My questions are:
    How do I compete against souls that can kill me in less time that I can get one heal off on my self?
    Do any of their abilities require then to stand still?
    At what bracket does my cleric or mage become on par with them?

Its hard to enjoy the PvP aspect of Rift if I spend more time in the respawn point than doing good for the war front.
    In your level bracket it has been pointed out that specific tempest (warrior) abilities are capable of 1-shotting players and are not balanced. At level 60, that is not usually the case. The solution is to enjoy what you can enjoy, and expect better results at end-game where the primary balance focus is set for PvP.

Twinking is not really possible or necessary in low brackets anymore, but it is often the case that experienced Rift players have geared their characters out in order to better compete in lowbie PvP. If you have not put in that kind of effort, you will probably find these kinds of players will roll through a warfront with little to no way of stopping them.

Level up! =)

Rift Master

What patchkid said. Lightning Torrent breaks lowbie pvp completely. If you want something remotely close to balance, you have to pray none of the warriors are spec'd tempest... or simply level out of the lowbie brackets.

Weird that they would let you queue for lowbie pvp when they do absolutely nothing to fix such an obviously borked ability/soul. Oh well.

Soulwalker

thanks for the replies,

I have now moved onto the 30s bracket and its much better. I die a lot to everyone equally now lol. I see less of that particular soul and more of a mixed war front. Leveling is the key and ill see you all in that 60s bracket at some time in the future.

Remember, the more you level, the more awesome skills you unlock.

And don't forget to check your class forum for specs/tips/etc. If you don't find what you're looking for, don't be afraid to ask!
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Telaran

Counter to the Tactician is to hit them in the face and repeat until they fall down.

I muck around with a tactician in the 55-59 bracket a bit, they are squishy as hell, have bugger all utility or defense. Having said that though, this is me PvPing with the Martian spec which is my solo/levelling spec.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Seven3 View Post
    Counter to the Tactician is to hit them in the face and repeat until they fall down.

I muck around with a tactician in the 55-59 bracket a bit, they are squishy as hell, have bugger all utility or defense. Having said that though, this is me PvPing with the Martian spec which is my solo/levelling spec.
    Actually key is to hit em to back Way torrents (flamethrower ) work they can't effectively fight against someone bonnyhopping around em and always trying to get behind em. This ofc don't help OP if he prefers casttime abilites.
    I was born amidst the purple waterfalls.
    I was weak, yet not unblessed.
    Dead to the world. Alive for the journey. -Nightwish, Bless the Child

+ Reply to Thread