+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 194
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: almost there trion

  1. #46
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Just a heads up...this is more than likely what you can look forward to.

    I guess we are all "bad" healers amirite?
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  2. #47
    Champion of Telara Mire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    can definately feel there is less "+" sign on my raid frame after this latest fix

  3. #48
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    I said the valor change was too much, needed to be lowered a bit.

    I said people needed to focus fire on the same target (duh..that's common sense in pvp)

    I said folks needed to use their cc's, silences and purges etc.

    People have tools, they don't want to use them...so of course healers get punished.

    I guess asking people to use the tools they have means "get better"

    This pvp community is dying. I'm seeing that now. And it's dying because of people like you.
    I'm wondering how you define the PVP community. I'm not going to argue with you that it's dying..I don't really think of myself as part of it - so I wouldn't know. I'm very casual when it comes to pvp. I go after the PVE rewards, CQ power maintenance and such. Anything else is rather sporadic. Unnecessary nerfs...make my sporadic participation non-existant. I'll pop into a few WF's in the coming week, after I upgrade my CQ trinket..if I'm dead too often, or feel I'm not effective enough, I won't be back.

  4. #49
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    I dont understand the logic of having an instant cast ability do more damage per gcd than is possible to heal. It appears trion wants more healers in a game than dps, or just have dps and see who can kill who first.

    I don't get why it's so hard to make healing = damage or something like that in terms of GCD usage.... like if one person can do 2.3k single target dps while moving, why can't healers heal 2.3k while moving.


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

  5. #50
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    I got hit by a 4k empowered shot a few times today.

    Builders on 1 second gcd doing more than I can in 1.5 second gcd unless I'm spamming healing invocation, even so, it's doing nearly the same, but with 50% faster gcd.

    Got globaled 3 times in the same warfront today, and numerous other times in other wfs.

    Globaled, you know, dead before you can react.

    Also the state of tact and rb warriors is dumb. 3 warriors can global 5 people with spear, and 3 tacts can wipe a raid if their gear is good enough.

    The state of the games PvP is laughable at best.

    And there's absolutely zero chance to survive any assist train consisting of more than 2-3 people even with back up healers on you, because your hp bar goes something like this every second (> = 1 second)

    100%>30%>90%>25%>85%>15%>dead

    Also, I don't understand with the ridiculous damage flying around, all this dumb CC is even allowed in game, you literally need zero setup to kill a good healer now, just focus fire, spam macro and profit.

    It's very discouraging to say the least...Rift PvP is amazing fun when balanced but this whole expansion has been a joke for healers, Clerics in particular.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

  6. #51
    Ascendant Keota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    I got hit by a 4k empowered shot a few times today.

    Builders on 1 second gcd doing more than I can in 1.5 second gcd unless I'm spamming healing invocation, even so, it's doing nearly the same, but with 50% faster gcd.

    Got globaled 3 times in the same warfront today, and numerous other times in other wfs.

    Globaled, you know, dead before you can react.

    Also the state of tact and rb warriors is dumb. 3 warriors can global 5 people with spear, and 3 tacts can wipe a raid if their gear is good enough.

    The state of the games PvP is laughable at best.

    And there's absolutely zero chance to survive any assist train consisting of more than 2-3 people even with back up healers on you, because your hp bar goes something like this every second (> = 1 second)

    100%>30%>90%>25%>85%>15%>dead

    Also, I don't understand with the ridiculous damage flying around, all this dumb CC is even allowed in game, you literally need zero setup to kill a good healer now, just focus fire, spam macro and profit.

    It's very discouraging to say the least...Rift PvP is amazing fun when balanced but this whole expansion has been a joke for healers, Clerics in particular.
    Pretty much my gripe. 1.9 fixed that and we were so damn close now 1.10 reverted this and put us back to 1.8 with even less heals or at least pretty damn close.
    I feel bad for the healers still playing,
    Zoartype@Deepwood

  7. #52
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    759

    Default

    I'm waiting for all of the people who were saying "Healing OP, nerf pl0x" to chime in and say how balanced this all is.

  8. #53
    Shadowlander VashtaNerada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    I'm waiting for all of the people who were saying "Healing OP, nerf pl0x" to chime in and say how balanced this all is.
    I'm also waiting for them to whinge about the lack of healing while they're pretendind to dps.

  9. #54
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Chloro can output decent longterm raid heals, but it's ST is a joke. This, coupled with the fact that unlike clerics, a chloro needs to be in range of the enemy to function, automatically making him even more vulnerable. While a cleric can keep himself up relatively well while being beat on, a chloro will drop near instantly. Additionally, chloros can't heal chloros, which only further adds to the problem. The easiest way to wipe a raid is to /target chloro, which will instantly leave the other team down a healer.

  10. #55
    Ascendant Flashmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,950

    Default

    I think most of you are absolutely making stories up. This is second KR I did today that ended up in a stalemate.

    http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7576/heals.jpg

    You notice that the red team had more KB? Still ended in stalemate...and the only reason blue team lose in Kb is because they had range dps warriors and MM rogues. back pedaling behind healers. Red team had RB/HARBRINGER/ AND a few NB....
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-21-2013 at 04:07 AM.

  11. #56
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    i played about 20 wfs last night, got my weekly done and its my personal opinion that valor needs to be brought back up. healers needed a nerf after last week to make up for the valor increase just like i thought dps needed a nerf after 1.11. not because healers were getting blown up but because everyone was getting blown up.

    we are now back too far in damages favor.healers that seem to think im out to nerf them just think when you get to play in the back how fun it is for melee to try and get involved in the fight when they get melted as soon as they jump on the front lines. i dont want to have a healer glued to me every time i que to play this game.

    last week was great people could live long enough to get in melee, dps vs dps was a great fight, the only problem was cross heals and when a team had more then 2 healers it became a stalemate regardless of focus fire cc ect. (the answer to focus fire is focused healing which is a lot easier to do in a pug format then focused dps because of raid frames). saying get better dps just isnt going to happen. it would be like dps saying get better heals when damage was that high.

    dont revert the healing nerfs so that dps vs dps is a "who can push 3 buttons the fastest again". put valor back.

    dont listen to players who say damage is fine right now, its not, and its not just a few abilities.

    i have faith in trion. they recognized the problem last week with so many lower kill wfs or no kill wfs. they hopefully are testing this again. i would glady take another testing like week like after the last part if they can hammer out the middle group.

    healing is where is needs to be now just fix damage. please dont leave damage this high and just take off the healing nerf. the way to balance damage is take 2 61 point melee classes say nb and rb and see what kind of numbers they are throwing out. cant speak on behalf of NB but RB is hitting way to hard.

  12. #57
    Ascendant Flashmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    i played about 20 wfs last night, got my weekly done and its my personal opinion that valor needs to be brought back up. healers needed a nerf after last week to make up for the valor increase just like i thought dps needed a nerf after 1.11. not because healers were getting blown up but because everyone was getting blown up.

    we are now back too far in damages favor.healers that seem to think im out to nerf them just think when you get to play in the back how fun it is for melee to try and get involved in the fight when they get melted as soon as they jump on the front lines. i dont want to have a healer glued to me every time i que to play this game.

    last week was great people could live long enough to get in melee, dps vs dps was a great fight, the only problem was cross heals and when a team had more then 2 healers it became a stalemate regardless of focus fire cc ect. (the answer to focus fire is focused healing which is a lot easier to do in a pug format then focused dps because of raid frames). saying get better dps just isnt going to happen. it would be like dps saying get better heals when damage was that high.

    dont revert the healing nerfs so that dps vs dps is a "who can push 3 buttons the fastest again". put valor back.

    dont listen to players who say damage is fine right now, its not, and its not just a few abilities.

    i have faith in trion. they recognized the problem last week with so many lower kill wfs or no kill wfs. they hopefully are testing this again. i would glady take another testing like week like after the last part if they can hammer out the middle group.

    healing is where is needs to be now just fix damage. please dont leave damage this high and just take off the healing nerf. the way to balance damage is take 2 61 point melee classes say nb and rb and see what kind of numbers they are throwing out. cant speak on behalf of NB but RB is hitting way to hard.
    If they unnerf valor it will be back to square one because the 5% nerf to healing is only addressing the over heals in stacking heals. Can you even interpret the warfront pic I posted? Healing is winning just fine. People are still using the tactic of stacking to win and it is most successful. It really is just a few abilities that need to be toned down. Go do parses of Mm/RB.. only a few abilities hit really hard. Those can get a slight nerf IMO.

  13. #58
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    havings 4 characters doesnt make you more qualified man. i go by people who play this game and who are good. their opinion on their main class is more valuable then some random person on the forums.
    He already said that he is just talking about 1/4 of the picture, and for me that makes U the random forum person <3. And just cause I am too old for this no brain forums.For u heal pets say ty that there is no snare and say ty twice that interrupts dont provide silence in every class

  14. #59
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VashtaNerada View Post
    I'm also waiting for them to whinge about the lack of healing while they're pretendind to dps.
    And u die from these "pretending" dpsers? Maybe u are pretending that u are healing too?

  15. #60
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Lol, people cried about healing, Trion nerf it, and now they cry more about the lack of heals, so ironic. Lesson learned, careful what you wish for.
    Last edited by Gunzip; 02-21-2013 at 05:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts