+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Scaramuccia
  • 1 Post By Misun

Thread: [Guide] How to Fix Rift PVP

Rift Disciple

Default [Guide] How to Fix Rift PVP

To whom it may concern.

1. Remove Respawn timer (it's broken not working as intended, remove please)
    2. Increase Run speed by another 10% ( we are not 86 years old and can handle faster game pace)
    3. Leave Valor as is for TTK when 1vs1 or when no healers around, cut healing by 35%-50% across the board.
    4. Continue working on OP specs(mainly rogues), can't have tanks running around with good dps. You either dps or you tank, simple really.

Start with point 1 (the easiest one) and continue down the list, in a month or two you will have a good pvp system and everyone is going to be happy.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Conix77 View Post
    To whom it may concern.

1. Remove Respawn timer (it's broken not working as intended, remove please)
    2. Increase Run speed by another 10% ( we are not 86 years old and can handle faster game pace)
    3. Leave Valor as is for TTK when 1vs1 or when no healers around, cut healing by 35%-50% across the board.
    4. Continue working on OP specs(mainly rogues), can't have tanks running around with good dps. You either dps or you tank, simple really.

Start with point 1 (the easiest one) and continue down the list, in a month or two you will have a good pvp system and everyone is going to be happy.
    If you cut healing that much (blanket cut which as I've pointed out is as ignorant as me saying rogues are OP so cut all dps by x amount in all callings), there would be no reason to heal because now with valor you just made everyone harder to kill save for healers who you put back even more in heals (made them weaker then ever). Basically they would not at all be able to keep up with heals on even one person, but it would take longer to kill that person due to the dps getting mitigated better, not the heals keeping them up. i.e. why would I sit and barely keep someone alive longer when I could have just gone pure dps and my swing of numbers by and large had a greater impact to simply kill that dps hurting you-would even save you more hp in the end. Also, not to be mean, but obviously you have no clue of the impact of cutting heals by that number, at all. Nerf individual healing abilties and lower valor by 5% and see where we are at. Also give time for people to adapt from the mindless spam damage and you die in 3-5 seconds and the game WILL overall improve with better gameplay.

Rogue hybrid tanks still do too much damage for living the longest out of all souls that i'm seeing. They were a problem pre valor and still are, and although some (some) rogues claim they do only good damage for a burst window the same rogues are used to the rogue class that has been more powerful as a calling so they think the "regular" damage which is actually pretty superior to most souls is not that great. Of course they also thought 3-5 second TTK is great so take the two togther. Yes agree to it needs looking at, but nothing majorly nerfed at all, just maybe sustained damage.

Only concern with upping movement speed (I've experienced this in games like GW2), is that I move faster then my mouse turn rate when I turn the camera angle. Not sure if the toons speed would catch up to your turning speed for camera angle, but I'd imagine 10% more wouldn't affect it. Just espousing a concern I've seen which is very, very annoying in pvp when you want to turn faster then the camera lets you (I did have it maxed out in GW2).

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Only concern with upping movement speed (I've experienced this in games like GW2), is that I move faster then my mouse turn rate when I turn the camera angle. Not sure if the toons speed would catch up to your turning speed for camera angle, but I'd imagine 10% more wouldn't affect it. Just espousing a concern I've seen which is very, very annoying in pvp when you want to turn faster then the camera lets you (I did have it maxed out in GW2).
    That was just gw2's crappy animations.

ArenaNet: Advertises mlg pvp. Cripples player's movement for aesthetics.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-20-2013 at 08:08 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Conix77 View Post
    cut healing by 35%-50% across the board.
    http://i.imgur.com/fJNb2Ez.gif

this guide sucks

Default [Guide] How to Fix Rift PVP

Hire devs that actually pvp.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Here is my guide:

Add group dueling

+ Reply to Thread