+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gating CQ Faction Numbers?

Default Gating CQ Faction Numbers?

Pardon me if this is already a thing, but I think if the starting number for each faction was pushed down (to around 40), then increased as the other factions fill up to that much (NF here's lookin' at you ;) ), each group could stand a better chance. This would hold especially true during non-peak hours when everybody in NA goes for Dom, and if you don't get Dom you join when timer starts. Otherwise it usually ends up being a waste of time unless you're working on carnage weekly or capping daily.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchfraze View Post
    Pardon me if this is already a thing, but I think if the starting number for each faction was pushed down (to around 40), then increased as the other factions fill up to that much (NF here's lookin' at you ;) ), each group could stand a better chance. This would hold especially true during non-peak hours when everybody in NA goes for Dom, and if you don't get Dom you join when timer starts. Otherwise it usually ends up being a waste of time unless you're working on carnage weekly or capping daily.
    That is already true.

At the moment, the first raid for each faction fills up independently from each other; and then once there's 20 people to a faction, the game won't let the population imbalance reach +/- 10 people (or more precisely, you will not be able to join the most populous faction if it is +10 or more people than the least populous faction).

Of course, you can't stop people leaving, nor does the game swap you from team to team mid-game (and a good thing too!); so if there's 50 on one faction and 40 on each of the others, and then 60 of those 80 others leave, there will still be 50 in the first faction and only 10 on each of the other two...

Nothing about population delta balancing can stop people leaving... now, if on the other hand there was more than one viable winning condition; if it was possible for small groups to cap enough to win before the zerg caught up to them, then maybe we'd have a solution.

+ Reply to Thread