+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Valor increase, please do not roll back, find a happy medium

Prophet of Telara

Default Valor increase, please do not roll back, find a happy medium

Personally I like the valor increase and I’m not just saying that because I’m a healer and I want to face tank an entire raid solo.
    I think 2 good dps should be able to kill a healer or pressure us so much that we can only heal ourselves, a good healer shouldn’t be solo’d
    Before the valor increase I was getting taken from full health to health in one burst from a good dps in a duel.
    I understand that sometimes when there are multiple healers/chloros/bards all on one team it’s frustrating to get a kill but the same should go for dps for example there are times when I’m the only healer in a warfront and there is nothing but dps, do I qq and yell for a dps nerf on the forums because I’m getting hit too hard?
    It’s a pug warfront and sometimes we won’t always get the exact team we want.
    So now instead of pushing 2 macros and hitting someone for 10k , you may actually have to use proper cc, focus fire and play as a team to down a healer.
    Or everyone could just continue to complain because that seems easier.
    Trion has already dumbed this game down enough for baddies as it is and I really hope they don’t continue until it takes absolutely no skill to play.
    Even a slight nerf to the valor increase would be fine but please do not roll back to the way it was before, it was only fun for the op dps classes then
    Last edited by slash_wrists; 02-19-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Totally agree.

It was crazy before and not fun at all. Way out of control.

Valor could be scaled back a tiny bit..but people don't even want to work together it seems.

When people focus fire, there's no problems. Target through a teammate and help with their target! That's what being part of a team is all about.

Use purges..use your cc etc. I'm hardly seeing any of this tbh.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Trion don't know what a middle ground is, its like them seeing the number 100 and then people being like WOW 100 SO OP NERF PLX then Trion goin ok we we nerfed it to 12

Shield of Telara

Might be a little harder to balance, than simply assigning a number, though. I'd imagine they didn't take into account the high-end addition of Valor to significantly affect warfronts. As I've gathered so far, most people feel the current mitigation is appropriate for 1v1 setups, it's only when you introduce overhealing in warfronts that TTK get exaggerated to an obscene extent.

With people actually enjoying 1v1, I'd focus less on mitigation, and more on warfront-specific factors that can be tuned for a more enjoyable experience.

Telaran

Buff sent, yo.

The problem is cross healing thrown together with all of the "survival spec" derps running Bards, nb/rs, vk, trollicar, Chlorodom, etc. They just park at objective points and never move.

I haven't seen one other pyro in a WF today, and I think I saw one marksman

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

I don't think, and I certainly don't hope they will completely roll back these changes. They are honestly for the good of the game, ya before I could play 61 riftblade and hit 9.8k riftstrikes but it was a ***** to even get in melee. With this most recent patch i'm not doing nearly the damage but it's still a decent amount, but the main thing is i'm actually able to take some focus fire without dropping in 3 seconds.

The problem I see with the the changes though is not any form of single target heals, it is mainly the chain healing/cross healing aoe spam/fluff. I am still able to pressure 1 healer decently 1on1 although I think it should be a bit heavier. The only problem is when you get a bunch of fluff heals on one team mindlessly keeping everybody alive. There needs to be a happy medium from where it was before and where it was now.

Also sometimes what healers expect to be done in a pug wf is nonsense, as much as I wish all those rogues from wolfsbane would focus fire the healer it's just not going to happen. The amount of work you expect of me and other dps to kill one healer should also be put in by you to stay alive, just my opinion. Being tanked by 5 chloros spamming void life is irritating, healers who think they are amazing now even though they're just as bad as those useless dps that everyone rages about is pretty annoying. Lets be honest the amount of good dps and good healers in this game is probably 5 maybe 10% of the playerbase.

Tanky classes with self cd's have become a nuisance too, mostly a nb/rs at this point. They're not overpowered in a sense, they were just more complemented than other builds with the valor changes. They are harder to kill and they were already not easy to kill before, and their cd is much more effective because it will heal them the same % as it did before the patch, but will take them longer to drop again.

TLDR; This change feels like it is for the good of the game, but like most changes has swung too far in one direction.
    Last edited by mistacrowley420; 02-19-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Double post! My bad.
    Last edited by mistacrowley420; 02-19-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    The problem is cross healing thrown together with all of the "survival spec" derps running Bards, nb/rs, vk, trollicar, Chlorodom, etc. They just park at objective points and never move.

I haven't seen one other pyro in a WF today, and I think I saw one marksman
    I agree, not everyone needs to be a healer/support just because the valor increase makes it easy.
    When our team has enough clerics as it is i see mages/rogues still running support specs and people wonder why nothing dies

Yeah i think valor is probably in the right place as well and a roll back would not be the way to go. A nerf on AoE healing would probably suit everyone just fine (as long as they don't take it too far).

I saw Ailion made a post in rogue forums saying that AoE dmg and healing in pvp is going to be nerfed soon. However that post was referring to rogues from memory, hopefully it's going to affect all classes.

I think the balance isn't too far from right, hopefully a change to aoe healing will make most of us happy.
    Level 60 Guardian Rogue Rapidfyre <Blitz> PvP rank 80
    9/9 T1
    2/4 GA

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfyre View Post

However that post was referring to rogues from memory, hopefully it's going to affect all classes.

I think the balance isn't too far from right, hopefully a change to aoe healing will make most of us happy.
    AoE healing isnt a problem for all classes. Blanket nerfs are never the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Blanket nerfs are never the answer.
    but these sound so good, like being wrapped up in a warm comfortable blanket.

Shield of Telara

The buff seems excessive. Before the valor buff good healers really stood out - now I see healers that I know aren't that great face tanking full raids. The skill level required to heal seems much lower. That said, some of the same things could probably be said about DPS prior to the valor buff.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but right now there are too many WF's that are just dumb. If there are only about two healers per side it's actually fun - more fun IMO than before the valor buff. But like everything in this game, when something is OP the WF's just get clogged with it. Right now there are so many cross-healers in WF's it's distorting things.

I have a feeling they brought TTK up to what they think it should be - now they are gonna nerf the **** out of PVP healers. This is just a guess. Not sure that would be a good idea. I personally think they should lop off about 2/3 of the valor buff and see what that does.
    Last edited by EvanX; 02-20-2013 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Spelling
    EvanX / Nihilist / Insurgent

I dont think they should really change much to the valor buff. I haven't had this much fun in a long time but on the other side nor have I ever been so frustrated.There are just so many Fotm healers running around that things are being blamed on the valor change when in reality when you have ENOUGH healer instead of TO MANY healers it actually a blast.

Focus fire can actually change the game more then ever which is something people have to adapt to. My favorite thing to do is to Q with a competent DPS friend and focus the same targets. 90% of the time our target goes down. 10% of the time its because there are 10 healers on each team.

Tonight I had a codex match where there was so many healers it took 10 mins at codex to get the entire team to focus one target at a time. We eventually started to wipe them.FF is king at the moment if you want to over come stupid cross healing.

I think as a player base wee need to suggest people to swap to dps or support more often. I have seen this suggestion once since the changes and that was from me alone. We understand you are excited to spam void life and win, but the TEAM would rather you DPS so we can actually kill targets.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Soulwalker

Is there a big difference between 55-59 and 60 then, as I still get roasted on my cleric against a couple of decent dps who time CCs etc correctly?
    Lethalie (Mage) | Saelith (Cleric) | Lethala (Rogue) | on Icewatch EU

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast