+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: The Last Word Required for All PVP

Plane Touched

Default The Last Word Required for All PVP

Alright people, enough is enough.

PVP is supposed to be about killing. Developers; unless you make people completely immune to damage you will ALWAYS get people QQing I die to quick. Please, please, please, ignore them. The point is, they really don't want to PVP anyway. They want to go into PVP and play it like PVE. There is no way to make them happy, so please stop trying. In trying you are ruining PVP for anyone who might actually enjoy it.

No one needs 20+ people standing at Codex for 10+ minutes unable to kill a single person. 15+ People stand at fang for 5 minutes unable to pick it up or kill anyone. 2 Zergs in conquest standing and fighting for 3+ minutes. It's not fun for anyone. Believe me.

The people complaining are all playing builds designed for survival. The reason they die is THEY CAN'T KILL ANYONE. Eventually they die because that's what happens when you don't kill the person trying to kill you. You see them playing tank builds. There's no reason for tank builds in pvp. I know people will say "but pulling people, and taking damage are valuable" Not as valuable as killing the people who are trying to kill you and the people healing you. In conquest there are often 3-6 rogue playing bard. Really?? We need 6 bards? I know why, so you keep yourself alive. Then when you get to an extractor 1/2 the party can't break 3k single target dps. In fighs the rarely break 1k. And that is only if they can aoe. Single target damage, kill one move to next, rinse repeat.

Healers. Stop standing back spamming group heals please. Identify the people who are "tip of spear" and single target heal them. I rarely heal in pvp. Once a person I know is capable was in my group, so I pocket healed him. He had 27 kills and we cake walked Karthan Ridge, in about 5 minutes. Your heals will have greater impact healing 1 killer than 12 spamming ae's.

If you don't know what is a good build, how to play, or have any questions, don't ask just anyone. Find a person who tops killing blows charts, or doesn't run straight to Codex, or plays in the other side's group, attacking the healers 1st. Also turn off Warfront Chat. Too much garbage from people "who think they know something" That will also shut off CQ chat. That is a must imho.

And when you are in a WF or CQ, hit "M". Learn how to read the maps so you know what is going on. Never rely on some idiot to spam information.

That's it. That's all that needs to be said. End of story.

Feel better getting that off yer chest?

Agreed. Not really anything else to add.
    XAVEN - Warrior - Deepwood
    Virus
    (4/4) TDQ - (4/4) FT - (5/5) EE

Default I will add.

Quote Originally Posted by Currly View Post
    Alright people, enough is enough.

PVP is supposed to be about killing. Developers; unless you make people completely immune to damage you will ALWAYS get people QQing I die to quick. Please, please, please, ignore them. The point is, they really don't want to PVP anyway. They want to go into PVP and play it like PVE. There is no way to make them happy, so please stop trying. In trying you are ruining PVP for anyone who might actually enjoy it.

No one needs 20+ people standing at Codex for 10+ minutes unable to kill a single person. 15+ People stand at fang for 5 minutes unable to pick it up or kill anyone. 2 Zergs in conquest standing and fighting for 3+ minutes. It's not fun for anyone. Believe me.

The people complaining are all playing builds designed for survival. The reason they die is THEY CAN'T KILL ANYONE. Eventually they die because that's what happens when you don't kill the person trying to kill you. You see them playing tank builds. There's no reason for tank builds in pvp. I know people will say "but pulling people, and taking damage are valuable" Not as valuable as killing the people who are trying to kill you and the people healing you. In conquest there are often 3-6 rogue playing bard. Really?? We need 6 bards? I know why, so you keep yourself alive. Then when you get to an extractor 1/2 the party can't break 3k single target dps. In fighs the rarely break 1k. And that is only if they can aoe. Single target damage, kill one move to next, rinse repeat.

Healers. Stop standing back spamming group heals please. Identify the people who are "tip of spear" and single target heal them. I rarely heal in pvp. Once a person I know is capable was in my group, so I pocket healed him. He had 27 kills and we cake walked Karthan Ridge, in about 5 minutes. Your heals will have greater impact healing 1 killer than 12 spamming ae's.

If you don't know what is a good build, how to play, or have any questions, don't ask just anyone. Find a person who tops killing blows charts, or doesn't run straight to Codex, or plays in the other side's group, attacking the healers 1st. Also turn off Warfront Chat. Too much garbage from people "who think they know something" That will also shut off CQ chat. That is a must imho.

And when you are in a WF or CQ, hit "M". Learn how to read the maps so you know what is going on. Never rely on some idiot to spam information.

That's it. That's all that needs to be said. End of story.
    As I heal some WF's. I t is this kind of attitude that keeps me from pocket healing.
    Due to the fact that more then not, after i keep you alive for those 30+ kills. You wil come to the forums and tell all just how god like you are. With no thought why you got the kills.
    Not to mention how frustrating it was to leave the group while you chased that one person clear accross the map just to get that one revenge kill.
    So you kepp EGOING, about what a great PVPER you are and I will heal the folks focusing the same person I am. Thats all that needs to be said. End of story.

Healers. Stop standing back spamming group heals please. Identify the people who are "tip of spear" and single target heal them
    This.

Healing ineffective people are what I call "mana sponges"
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

healers talking about egos. That's rich.

If you're having kb problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and getting a killing blow ain't one!
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    healers talking about egos. That's rich.
    If you were a healer, would you heal someone who was performing poorly? Or would you focus your attention on the players who get stuff done?

PS- I loved your last video. So cute!

my cleric alt is named hikos
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-19-2013 at 08:43 AM.

My cleric is myelf playing 61 Tact
    Even free cost too much now

I still see plenty of rogues running nightblade/Riftstalker builds, which is useless after the hotfix, 61 point pure glass canon dps builds are the only meaningful pvp dps to run with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Great thread and I agree. St glass cannon specs are the way to go, even my crappy macro 61 shaman kills the hybrids and AOE lovers. I always get focused down for riding the lightning to the healer through the group tho and hardly get any help even if they have been marked . I am only rank 66 so the good players are probably not in my bracketed WFs. I don't feel that its been a good WF unless I die 10 times tho.lol
    Last edited by Abealri; 02-19-2013 at 09:50 AM.
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

@ Abealri

I'm always down for warfronts. PST if you ever want a healer <3

name and server in my sig. OOPS, server is Faeblight. I better add that to my sig!
    Last edited by Misun; 02-19-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I still see plenty of rogues running nightblade/Riftstalker builds, which is useless after the hotfix, 61 point pure glass canon dps builds are the only meaningful pvp dps to run with.
    I'm still running it, works like a champ. Since the valor change, I find I am in the spec far more than my 61 sin/15 NB and 53 sin/23 NB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

The part about tank builds is kinda stupid, or very contextual. VK builds have enormous upside in Conquest. VK+Conquest = insta-death for 5 people. Provide me with a list of ST builds that can do that, I'll hang on the line.

I guess I kinda feel the same way about AOE builds in WFs. Always annoying seeing AOE Sabs e-peen about their dps when they arent killing anyone or pressuring healers. But whatever, it's their $15.

As far as healers go, yes there are some pretty terrible healers, but Rift is not a very healer-friendly game. The range indicators on unit frames are terribad. I think some healers suffer from the same e-peenery as AOE DPS builds. But you have to remember that you are also responsible for your own surival. If you tunnel vision whomever you're hitting and dont escape back if you get in trouble, you deserve to die. This goes for any PvP in any game. Be aware of your surroundings and give healers a break.
    Yesterday
    Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast