+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: CQ trinket is a bit pricey..

Default CQ trinket is a bit pricey..

So to get the trinket you want me too....

Get exalted with a WF faction, I'm ok with that, all i do is pvp anyway.

After getting exalted Spend a chunk of favor on the starter trinket, That's fine with me. PvP gear costing Favor is normal.

4800 marks of CQ (200 marks of the point cap) And a big chunk of Favor on top of that For a stone to upgrade it in to something useful..

It's a bit much no?

lol have you seen the cost of the essences as well?

yeah...it's a little much.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    lol have you seen the cost of the essences as well?

yeah...it's a little much.
    Yeah gave up on the trinket and got the crystal and rune and one essence, then realised i had to upgrade crystal and im like wtf...

Quote Originally Posted by shortycool View Post
    Yeah gave up on the trinket and got the crystal and rune and one essence, then realised i had to upgrade crystal and im like wtf...
    Yeah it's sort of dumb how many marks it takes to get everything.

I noticed in nearly all of the reviews for SL the word "grind" was mentioned. Seems about right!

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Yeah it's sort of dumb how many marks it takes to get everything.

I noticed in nearly all of the reviews for SL the word "grind" was mentioned. Seems about right!
    It would make sense to make the CQ trinket about 1k and the essences 400. you only get 60 marks for winning and some more for weekly and daily quest, and its so hard to get the 3 win weekly.

Yeah seriously they should just give it to us after we've done 5 CQ's. CQ being such serious business and all.

If they make things too easy to obtain, the forum would be full of 'OMG NO CARROTZ' posts.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Yeah seriously they should just give it to us after we've done 5 CQ's. CQ being such serious business and all.

If they make things too easy to obtain, the forum would be full of 'OMG NO CARROTZ' posts.
    I don't want it handed to me, i just think its at a really unreasonable price. I mean, for an item upgrade in pve i can just join a raid kill a boss and win on a loot roll, or just use the marks from killing the boss on the vendor. Just feels like PvPers got it a lot harder.

I don't want it handed to me, i just think its at a really unreasonable price. I mean, for an item upgrade in pve i can just join a raid kill a boss and win on a loot roll, or just use the marks from killing the boss on the vendor. Just feels like PvPers got it a lot harder.

Its even easier in Pve to get a nice esence, just join a RR group and bid on it, RR's only take literally 5 minutes to complete.

Imagine how many players would still queue up for CQ if they lessened the 'price'. I'm thinking not that many.

Well raiders won't agree with you there. They don't have a PvE trinket hahahahahaha.
    Shouldn't be classed as hard getting PvP gear by PvPing. The problem is, CQ is just rubbish generally.

And you can't compare rolling on gear in a raid to getting marks. There is no second guessing if you're going to get it or not. Do your time. You get it. Roll a crap number in raid ... you lose.
    Last edited by Charlice; 02-18-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Imagine how many players would still queue up for CQ if they lessened the 'price'. I'm thinking not that many.

Well raiders won't agree with you there. They don't have a PvE trinket hahahahahaha.
    Shouldn't be classed as hard getting PvP gear by PvPing. The problem is, CQ is just rubbish generally.

And you can't compare rolling on gear in a raid to getting marks. There is no second guessing if you're going to get it or not. Do your time. You get it. Roll a crap number in raid ... you lose.
    Maybe Then Trion will realize what a mess CQ is if they changed it, the drop in participants would make them have to fix the hot mess.

Maybe Then Trion will realize what a mess CQ is if they changed it, the drop in participants would make them have to fix the hot mess.
    I'm hoping when we get the new map it will come with some adjustments .. because .. I used to really enjoy it. With the right bunch of people it can be hell fun.

I don't think they should make the items cost less though. Honestly you'll get the items soon enough.

I just wish they'd get rid of CQ power, or, make it work in PvP only.
    And they'd put a damn trinket in some stinking dungeon or somewhere so all the PvE afk'rs would stay the hell out of there.

Shield of Telara

At first I thought it was pricey. Then I had enough marks for both the healing and dps version. Instead of two, I got the upgraded seal and rune for it. After that I am nearly up to the amount for the 2nd trinket.

So the way marks drop, no, it is not that bad. You can get ~80 marks per CQ if you win, ~50 if you lose. Add in the daily, add in the weekly, it moves very quick.

IMO, the most absurdly priced thing in the game are the PVP essences. It is a decent amount of CQ marks and an obscene amount of IS.

4,800 marks for trinket upgrade

3,000 marks for seal upgrade

1,200 for seal

2,160 per essence (x6)

360 marks per ring for runes (x2)

360 marks rune for seal.

That's 23,040 marks total (I think)

That's a little much.

Especially considering each match is about an hour and you only get 60 marks (or so) unless you win of course.

The cost definitely needs to be lowered.

I haven't zoned into CQ for weeks. I've had the trinket for god knows how long and three of the purple essences.
    I wouldn't take the seal if it was thrown at me.

They lower the prices CQ will be a ghost town, and players would soon cry for more 'stuff' to grind.

I'm up to Warlord gear now, have one ring rune sitting in my bag and current rings are runed.
    Last edited by Charlice; 02-18-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Maybe it would hurry the pvers out of there then. Leaving the entire zone for those who actually enjoy pvp.

Even if each faction only had 20 people..and each team was lead by someone who knew what they were doing...it would be a lot of fun.

I can think of a few good leaders off the top of my head that could really make CQ a blast, with less players.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast