+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dahliablood

Thread: 61 SC needs help

Default 61 SC needs help

Trion can you please do something about this dead soul. It was amazing before and well needless to say you flat out killed it. It is currently an aoe spec that does terrible damage has a set up time to do well terrible aoe damage. It needs a revamp so badly. Whatever happened to the old school building storm stormcaller? The spec that required LONG ramp up time but in return you where the most fearsome force in the warfront. Or since dom is now the "aoe" maybe changing SC into a glass heavy super single target burst spec. Like it was around 1.5-1.6ish lol lightning burst. As a wise person said before me "I actually get pissed playing my warrior these days due to tempest being everything SC should have." I believe in you Trion you are a smart company i have faith that you can revive stormcaller and make it a fun and extreamly satisfying spec to play again. You gave Cab a revamp how about some Mage aoe love <3

Ps. Why does going 58 points into it give you 15% single target damage when its a aoe soul?
    Last edited by Thedarkside; 02-18-2013 at 03:41 PM.

well stormcaller has had a lot of issues coming into storm legion for pvp. Pve too it was balanced around sustained pve aoe dmg, but its not a characterisitic that shows up much in current raid settings. First the increase in electrifieds is a bigger drawback than it would first appear, and the reason it is is fairly subtle. Because the soul also has added static nova and electric charge-> storm surge for aoe buildups which help in this regard. However, because its now balanced around 5 charges in comparison to 3, that means low buildups are less relevant- a quick forked lightning to lightning field for example, is relatively a lot worse now. And its also harder to keep people in range to fully capitalize on these buildups, with how much people run around, and how the aoes tend to have short range, and flag attention.

Its also harder because with the cc changes, its defenses were overcautiously lowered- hypothermia snares are much lower than preexpac, and ride the wind is on cooldown. Storm guard is also fairly risky because in order to be effective you have to allow an opponent into melee range, which is not good with how squishy the soul is, plus it needs charge to use. The one improvement defensively has been the increased range from low point dominator, and the increased effectiveness in its knockbacks, especially static barrier. But the thing with kbs are that they have a very limited situational usefulness depending on what class your opponent is. It really effectively has no defenses against most classes.

Finally stdps in aoe specs, and pvp aoe, in general, was reduced. The sentiment I agree with, is that they were toned down in order to differentiate the roles of stdps and aoe. But at the same time they also kept in pvp specific aoe decreases in the war planar attunement, and increased mitigation. These pvp specific aoe decreases, also indirectly hurt stuff like lightning field being used as a finisher, and doesn't give much for sc to work around. Its dmg is hitting very low, even with the full setup, which is bad when this single target burst is its only defense against single opponents. I think the icicle nerf is still around too, and cloudburst just tickles enemies. Only lightning burst is really hitting well, and i still only see it only maybe hit 2k+ on well equipped enemies.

I think stormcaller pvp was best around late 1.5. Even with it having very little in the way of defense at that point, it had the dmg to compensate, and it could get those bursts out in icicle and lb quickly if needed in order to defend itself. Its aoe buildups still took time but it could protect them with the hypothermia snares, and do shorter buildups for significant dmg still. People were still upset it could do more dmg than their more well rounded classes though even though it compensated for it with terrible defenses, and so it got overnerfed (even though many of those classes had an advantage over it). Going into the future, dmg boosts are definitely something to look into, but I would also recommend revamping its defenses, give it something to work around to compensate for reduced dmg since having high dmg adjusted for low defenses draws a lot of criticism.
    Last edited by Inixia; 02-18-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Ascendant

Its not useless. I use it when I have only two classes to build off for the electrocute as my third class! 0 point ability!!! Can't beat it.

Yes its a sucky soul since aoe was nerfed. Since valor is boosted its even worse.

Souls I don't really use anymore or don't go very far in for pvp:

Necro
    Warlock (not past 15)
    SC

Probably just my preference though. I also don't go far in ele in pvp since pets suck for pvp, but thats understandable with AI.

Some things in this game are like the menu at the Burger King near my house. They have 3 piece french toast sticks for $1. They also have 5 piece french toast sticks for $2.

Just because it is a choice, doesn't mean it isn't a trap.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Master

Tempest is kind of a slap in the face to SC. My favorite "flavors" of spell damage have always been cold and lightning, so I would love for SC to be viable in some capacity. It's not. Dom does similar or better AOE damage with virtually no set up while also bringing tons of cc/drain potential to the party, and basically every other soul offers superior survivability and ST dmg.

The rotations, cds, debuff management, etc. - it all needs to go. They need to completely redesign SC along the lines of tempest and mm - more immediate damage from a more mobile platform. No reason why we shouldn't have a ranged option to compete with a couple of melee-heavy callings, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkside View Post
    Trion can you please do something about this dead soul. It was amazing before and well needless to say you flat out killed it. It is currently an aoe spec that does terrible damage has a set up time to do well terrible aoe damage. It needs a revamp so badly. Whatever happened to the old school building storm stormcaller? The spec that required LONG ramp up time but in return you where the most fearsome force in the warfront. Or since dom is now the "aoe" maybe changing SC into a glass heavy super single target burst spec. Like it was around 1.5-1.6ish lol lightning burst. As a wise person said before me "I actually get pissed playing my warrior these days due to tempest being everything SC should have." I believe in you Trion you are a smart company i have faith that you can revive stormcaller and make it a fun and extreamly satisfying spec to play again. You gave Cab a revamp how about some Mage aoe love <3

Ps. Why does going 58 points into it give you 15% single target damage when its a aoe soul?
    So you like playing Stormcaller? Is that why you're so good at making it rain?

Oh snap, I just went there.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by LolitaSpanky View Post
    So you like playing Stormcaller? Is that why you're so good at making it rain?

Oh snap, I just went there.
    Look whos talking cutie <3. I heard you where an AMAZING dancer.

+ Reply to Thread