+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Achievements and Healers?

Soulwalker

Default PVP Achievements and Healers?

Okay, So, I'm not sure how this works in this game.

My girlfriend plays a healer, and we pvp together every few days. Still new to the game, so haven't done all that much. We've noticed that I (DPS) get credit for achievements like "Control Point Killer" a lot faster than she does. She dots people and everything, but doesn't often get killing blows. So, I was wonder, does she need to get killing blows, or a certain amount of damage (like a percentage), or anything at all? I've asked in guild and all I've heard is theories. Nothing concrete.

List of Accolades

All Warfronts

First Blood - First kill of the match, team awarded favor bonus.
    Killing Spree - Kill 9 enemy players without dying. Opposing team receives bonus for killing them.
    Annihilation - If you wipe the entire opposing team with at least one person alive on your team you will receive a bonus.
    Juggernaut - take massive damage over a significant period of time.
    Savior - Heal of shield a player that is being attacked and at low health.

Black Garden

Invincible - Hold the fang longer than any mere mortal could!
    Death Wish - Given to the first player to grab the fang

Whitefall Steppes

Reclaimer - Return a flag to your base 5 times in a single match
    Double Threat - Return your flag while carrying their sourcestone

Codex

Defender - Interrupt or reclaim your control point before the enemy claims it for their own!
    Total Control - Control all 4 points at the same time

Port Scion

Massacre - Slay as many of their sourcestone carriers as you can!
    Demolition - Destroy both of your enemies towers
    Double Down - Kill both Lieutenants before they resurrect an Idol

Escalation: Whitefall Steppes

Blitz - First person to pick up a stomstone receives a bonus
    Sabotage - Take a stormstone out of the enemy base

Library of the Runemasters

Mass Martyr - Entire team receives a bonus if you can hold on to 4 or more relics at the same time.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Soulwalker

I understand how all of those work and all, I just can't figure out how you get kill credit for the achievements involving killing as a healer.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eburi View Post
    Okay, So, I'm not sure how this works in this game.

My girlfriend plays a healer, and we pvp together every few days. Still new to the game, so haven't done all that much. We've noticed that I (DPS) get credit for achievements like "Control Point Killer" a lot faster than she does. She dots people and everything, but doesn't often get killing blows. So, I was wonder, does she need to get killing blows, or a certain amount of damage (like a percentage), or anything at all? I've asked in guild and all I've heard is theories. Nothing concrete.
    Since you are new the simple solution, and what helps you understand your class fully as well as fighting your own class, is to have each of buy extra role slots and experiment. Try having her do a dps role and you a healing role-reverse it-so she can much easier get her achievements.

It takes a while to get used to, and as you run through every ten levels certain callings and builds have an OP time, so just have fun experimenting. Look to see what the good ones are doing against you and try to make that build. Read your abilities carefully as well. She'll have her achievements in no time.

Soulwalker

"Since you are new the simple solution, and what helps you understand your class fully as well as fighting your own class, is to have each of buy extra role slots and experiment. Try having her do a dps role and you a healing role-reverse it-so she can much easier get her achievements."

I had suggested this initially, myself. But she has no interest in DPSing. She loves healing, and doesn't feel that it would be fair to have to DPS to get the achievements. And I understand the sentiment.

Nevermind I misread. For some achievements she is probably going to have to go dps.
    Last edited by Baramos; 02-17-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

+ Reply to Thread