+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Library of the Runemasters?

Soulwalker

Default Library of the Runemasters?

Couple of quick questions about this WF, as I don't quite understand it fully, I think. I get the basic premise, which is a lot more than I can say for half the playerbase (If I pick a relic up I'll DIE! QQ)

What I don't quite understand, or would like confirmation on, is how the damage and spawn of relics works. In the last match I just finished, the combat log listed another player's relic as having killed me. Do you take extra damage or more frequent damage or whatever if you're standing near a player who's carrying a relic while you yourself are carrying one?

Also, how does the damage ramp up? I've held it for awhile now and then and had it tick a few hundred, then (and it always seems to happen right when I'm being attacked) BAM! 3000 damage.

Lastly, how do these relics spawn? I've seen 6 or 7 up at a single time. Do relics simply continue to spawn on the same timer regardless of whether or not each of the initial 4 relics is currently held? This last point feels especially important, because oftentimes I'll lose track of unheld relics when I see there are already 4 in possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangekun View Post
    Couple of quick questions about this WF, as I don't quite understand it fully, I think. I get the basic premise, which is a lot more than I can say for half the playerbase (If I pick a relic up I'll DIE! QQ)

What I don't quite understand, or would like confirmation on, is how the damage and spawn of relics works. In the last match I just finished, the combat log listed another player's relic as having killed me. Do you take extra damage or more frequent damage or whatever if you're standing near a player who's carrying a relic while you yourself are carrying one?

Also, how does the damage ramp up? I've held it for awhile now and then and had it tick a few hundred, then (and it always seems to happen right when I'm being attacked) BAM! 3000 damage.

Lastly, how do these relics spawn? I've seen 6 or 7 up at a single time. Do relics simply continue to spawn on the same timer regardless of whether or not each of the initial 4 relics is currently held? This last point feels especially important, because oftentimes I'll lose track of unheld relics when I see there are already 4 in possession.
    If 2 rune carriers are standing too close to each other, it does chain damage. You will notice a line going from one carrier to the other. Can't stand too close to each other.

Damage ramps up, just like the fang in Black Garden.

The runes spawn after they've been dropped. For example, say all the runes are being held, no more runes will spawn until those have been dropped.

It's smart play to camp the spawn points. It only takes a few seconds for a rune to spawn after a carrier has died, get to the spawn point and snag it before someone else does.

Here's a good video about it. Library
    Last edited by Misun; 02-17-2013 at 08:25 AM.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

I'm fairly sure that the max number of relics is based on the number of people in the warfront. Either that, or it gradually ramps up over the course of the match, up to a certain maximum.
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-17-2013 at 09:12 AM.

There are 4 in the beginning, then at the 15 minute mark two more spawn on the second level in the outer ring.

Otherwise what Misun said.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Soulwalker

That explains it, thanks for the replies! I had noticed the visual for damage with two relic carriers before - like a purple lightning bolt or something? - but it's good to have confirmation.

I suppose the match is usually done before hitting the 15 minute mark, at least at lower levels, which explains why I only see extra relics every so often.

One last little question though: Does the chain damage between two carriers occur regardless of faction? I.E. If I'm carrying one and I attack someone who is carrying another, will that damage occur? Or is it exclusive to allies?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangekun View Post
    That explains it, thanks for the replies! I had noticed the visual for damage with two relic carriers before - like a purple lightning bolt or something? - but it's good to have confirmation.

I suppose the match is usually done before hitting the 15 minute mark, at least at lower levels, which explains why I only see extra relics every so often.

One last little question though: Does the chain damage between two carriers occur regardless of faction? I.E. If I'm carrying one and I attack someone who is carrying another, will that damage occur? Or is it exclusive to allies?
    Only allies.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

+ Reply to Thread