+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BUG: Cannot open a PvP Rift

Default BUG: Cannot open a PvP Rift

So, I went to try to open a PvP rift so that my faction could get the buff back, but every time I tried, it gave me an error message, telling me I needed to be by a raid rift in Mathosia and that no other PvP rifts could be open.

However, I was in Mathosia, by a raid rift, with no other pvp rifts open anywhere. I think that the server is confused and thinks that one is already open. I tried this on several different characters, including one from the opposite faction, and got the same error every time.

See the screenshot below. It's a little small, but you can see from the map that there aren't any other PvP rifts, the minimap shows that I'm at a raid rift, and you can see the error message.

(This is on Greybriar, by the way.)

Attachment 9476
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-16-2013 at 07:08 PM.

<something snarky about Trion killing it's pvp>

unless they changed something, pvp rifts can be opened in stilmoor, shimmersand, ironpine peaks, and ember isle.

the map only ever shows you rifts open in the zone you are in, not other zones. ie; if you are in stilmoor, and a pvp rift is open in ember isle, you wont see it unless you travel to ember isle.

as such, your screenshot wont be very usefull. since you are in IPP, you can only see rifts open in IPP. your map wont show stilmoor/shimmersand/ember isle rifts at all.
    Last edited by Kronos v; 02-16-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    unless they changed something, pvp rifts can be opened in stilmoor, shimmersand, ironpine peaks, and ember isle.

the map only ever shows you rifts open in the zone you are in, not other zones. ie; if you are in stilmoor, and a pvp rift is open in ember isle, you wont see it unless you travel to ember isle.

as such, your screenshot wont be very usefull. since you are in IPP, you can only see rifts open in IPP. your map wont show stilmoor/shimmersand/ember isle rifts at all.
    The map has always shown them in other zones for me. Well, it shows the zone event icon, anyways, and when you mouse over it, it tells you that there's a PvP rift. You still have to go to the zone to see where it is specifically.

I just tried it again this morning, and got the same error. I physically went out to each zone to check, just in case the zone event display was broken, and there weren't any.
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-17-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Something in my gut tells me it's a bug involved with the fact that you're doing it while above level 50. Just a hunch, though.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Something in my gut tells me it's a bug involved with the fact that you're doing it while above level 50. Just a hunch, though.
    Nope. I've done this in the past. Just earlier this week, in fact (on Thursday). And if it were a level issue, it wouldn't be happening on my level 50 alts, too.

I think that the server just got stuck into thinking that a PvP rift is already open.
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-17-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Just tested with my level 60 mage in IPP and they do work.
    Beware the Penguin...

I have the same issue. I cannot open them.

Odd. As I have Prismatic Glory at this very moment, it looks like at least some folks are able to open them.

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    Just tested with my level 60 mage in IPP and they do work.
    Which server? I'm guessing this problem is specific to Greybriar at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Odd. As I have Prismatic Glory at this very moment, it looks like at least some folks are able to open them.
    That doesn't necessarily mean that people can open them right now, it just means that the last one that was closed was won by your faction. The buff stays around until the other faction wins one.
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-17-2013 at 09:08 AM.

It's been a while this bug exists.
    It looks like map events are considered as "pvp rifts" (SL maps events do count too)

And now it's working again.

+ Reply to Thread