+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ranged DPS is for the wallflowers...... 2.2 Shaman in CQ after valor fix (Video).

Default Ranged DPS is for the wallflowers...... 2.2 Shaman in CQ after valor fix (Video).

Here are a few videos of melee Cleric DPS in CQ after the valor patch they had this week. Set to the sounds of Snoop Dogg, Eazy E, and Twisted Sister. I hope you all enjoy and have a wonderful day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk2xj...ature=youtu.be
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMJz7...ature=youtu.be
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PWlj...ature=youtu.be
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

Default meh

Looks like the same ole same ole. I have been playing shaman some lately as well, but it really is the same. You charge somebody and waste them and then get promptly destroyed by a marksman.

What build you running?
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Are these supposed to show how good shamans are?

First 40 seconds of the second video is just running around on a mount, kill some guy not even attempting to hit you, then you chase someone else down and they kite you around towers (Without attacking you) which kill you a few seconds after you kill them. Then a minute and a half after that, you kill some crappy rogue that doesn't attempt to hit you either. All that in four and a half minutes.

Not exactly sure what is going on here. Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Anathemus View Post
    Looks like the same ole same ole. I have been playing shaman some lately as well, but it really is the same. You charge somebody and waste them and then get promptly destroyed by a marksman.

What build you running?
    I am running 61 shaman 15 druid and 0 puri. with a puri crystal . I cast my symbol that gives me extra SP before I charge in.
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

Default hmm

That sounds like a terrible build. Try defiler 8 for loathsome restoration, and sent 6 for spellpower and healers blessing. No real loss of damage, and a spammable singletarget heal for yourself, bolstered by healers blessing and used on a 1 second gcd this is very powerful as a self healing tool.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

I have done that way ng thought about going back. I get better burst damage this way probably will still keep 4 in druid and try defiler the rest so that I can keep Combined Effort. That is a big hitter for PVP. But to loose combined effort and gain Healers Blessing + healing Breath might be pretty worth it. I will try it out and thanks for your suggestion. 1second GCD is to addictive in PVP with the 61 shaman ability a spam-able heal with that GCD could be even sweeter.
    Last edited by Abealri; 02-16-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Default Yup.

and going into Defiler keeps you from losing damage. Rage Blight is always active and also gives some buff protection, which is big for shaman.

I tried that and didnt like it. I lost way to much DPS and the heals were not enough to make up for it. My favorite I think Is 61 sham 10 druid 5 defiler. and my macro is this.
    #show Massive Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Break Free
    Cast Shield of Oak
    Cast Rage of the North
    Cast Ride the Lightning
    Cast Deep Freeze
    Cast Glacial Strike
    Cast Combined Effort
    Cast Overload
    Cast Frozen Wrath
    Cast Massive Blow
    Cast Marrow Harvest
    Cast Icy Blow
    Cast Ekkehard's Grasp

Quote Originally Posted by Abealri View Post
    I tried that and didnt like it. I lost way to much DPS and the heals were not enough to make up for it. My favorite I think Is 61 sham 10 druid 5 defiler. and my macro is this.
    #show Massive Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Break Free
    Cast Shield of Oak
    Cast Rage of the North
    Cast Ride the Lightning
    Cast Deep Freeze
    Cast Glacial Strike
    Cast Combined Effort
    Cast Overload
    Cast Frozen Wrath
    Cast Massive Blow
    Cast Marrow Harvest
    Cast Icy Blow
    Cast Ekkehard's Grasp
    Dear god that macro is horrible.

That horrible macro has killed you more than once. Your toon is daddyfatsack right?

That horrible macro has killed you more than once. Your toon is daddyfatsack right?
    Even if it has, and I really doubt it has, doesn't mean anything; it's still a bad macro. You have so many things clumped in there that shouldn't be, he was probably honestly just trying to help you. I can kill someone in beastmaster, doesn't mean it's the best pvp spec.

Also his name is in his signature, so ya... Good job on that I guess...
    Last edited by mistacrowley420; 02-16-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Ascendant

#show Massive Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Break Free
    Stopped reading here
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

I am not saying it is the best but it is effective. And am not writing a guide on it for sure.

I agree with using 10 druid/5defiler. The 10% extra damage to instance is very noticeable with glacial and MB.

Your macro is bloated because you are not maximizing MB up time.

But its still commendable more people are utilizing shaman.
    I still think shaman needs a bit more umph (either damage or better yet, defensive CDs), but its still a good soul currently.

Edit: Wouldnt using 15 druid because you dont really have enough phys attacks to make BI useful and i would be using IB over CB (and wouldnt be weaving either since, well, im not that coordinated to do that)
    Last edited by Eughe; 02-16-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Dear god, break free is in a macro............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast