+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear for 50-59 Brackets?

Telaran

Default Gear for 50-59 Brackets?

Just wondering what people's opinions/recommendations are with regards to PvP gear at these levels.

Is it worth buying or should the favor be saved for 60?

Anything that is worth buying that will serve well along the way and still be useful at 60?

Would appreciate input as I am recently returned and still finding some of the changes to be a bit overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven3 View Post
    Just wondering what people's opinions/recommendations are with regards to PvP gear at these levels.

Is it worth buying or should the favor be saved for 60?

Anything that is worth buying that will serve well along the way and still be useful at 60?

Would appreciate input as I am recently returned and still finding some of the changes to be a bit overwhelming.
    With bolstering you don't need to worry about while leveling use your favor to buy merc gear to ruin when you hit 60. There is a good post/guide in the 60 PvP gear thread I think still on the 1st page of the forums.

[QUOTE=Kyera;4156658] Originally Posted by Kyera
    I had been looking to put together a full, ordered-list style "purchasing order" guide for PvP gear, but I got bored/lazy/totally disinterested, so here's a quick crash course version.

The Rules

* At 60, any gear without valor (or with valor but with lower stats than the Mercenary set) gets replaced by the equivalent Mercenary piece, should such a piece exist. This is known as bolstering.
    * Any bolstered piece does not benefit from procs, enchantments, or other funky doo-dads on it (hint: upgrade weapons ASAP so you can use consumables). Thus, it is still important to buy and rune your Mercenary pieces when you can, especially since you need to flip them into Freelancer.
    * The following pieces are NOT bolstered: synergy crystal, source machine/sigil, trinket, and greater essences in your source machine/sigil. Lesser essences will get replaced, though apparently missing some valor from what I've been told (I've never bothered to look because lazy), and I've been unable to get greaters to proc (and they show up as bolstered), so ymmv.
    * Synergy crystals draw their bonuses from the equipped armor, not the bolstering replacements, so you'll need 2pc/3pc/4pc Mercenary to benefit from the new crystals, for example.

What Should I Buy to Start?
    * Four pieces of level 50 PvP armor. The pieces you need to buy depend on the runes you can get, since you want to get the four items with the "weakest" rune options (since the runes won't apply). I have a list at home recommending pieces, but essentially it's belt/gloves/boots, and then whichever of... shoulder/legs, I think, that has [Secondary Stat]/Crit, where the Secondary Stat is Str for Rogues, Dex for Warriors, Wis for Mages, and Int for Clerics. This could change if the value/impact of crit gets increased. Why these pieces? Because...
    * The level 50 Synergy Crystal. Free stat stick out of the gate that will tide you over until you're ready to roll.
    * Level 60 PvP weapons. Rune them up and be sure to get some weapon enchantments.
    * Conquest Master's Sigil/Source Machine. The +50 Vengeance one. It's still best-in-slot. Fill it with garbage lessers for now (they get bolstered, remember) and throw a nice +resist rune thing on if you've got the stones to burn.
    * Buy a solid PvE seal. They aren't replaced, and it's a delicious stat stick -- and if you're not huge on needing the valor/end, often a better choice than the grindfest-2013-Conquest-sigils.

What Should I Do Afterwards?
    * Get all the Karthan things you can get. The weapon enchants are huge. The runes are huge. The trinket is huge. Grind the hell out of that Karthan rep -- and if you don't mind PvE, grind Eternal City Survivors and uh... one of the other two PvE factions, I can't remember which offhand. The belt rune one. You want the neck and belt rune eventually.
    * Buy lots of consumables. Powersurge/Brightsurge vials, Tablets/Seeds/Pet Runes, food. Consume them. Consume them all. SOOOOOOOOOOO HUNGRYYYYYYYYYY.
    * Play enough Conquest to at /least/ get your ring and seal runes each time you upgrade them. Optionally: Conquest trinket(s), Conquest blue seal, Conquest purple AP/SP trinkets.
    * Related: eventually work towards putting the PvP essences in your sigil. You can skip the crit ones if you plan to get the Conq purple AP/SP crystals.
    * Get at least one synergy crystal (for the +AP), and others if you actually stand to use the synergy crystal bonuses. You'll want this for when you switch off the level 50 one, since it will (eventually) be a net gain via the runes.
    * Work towards buying all the slots for which you don't have level 50 gear in before buying items for the slots you have level 50 gear in. Once you've got a full set, you can work towards the next tier (optionally upgrading the level 50 pieces right to Freelancer to so you don't have to rune the Merc pieces).
    * If you near a weapon threshold (P70, P80) try to ensure you have the marks/favor to buy the weapons ASAP. Trust me.
    * Other than that, upgrade pieces as you go, as fits your tastes/wardrobe choice/cash flow (remember: you have to re-rune). Special Keirsti Pro-Tip: When you hit the Freelancer tier, upgrade your AP/SP ring, then buy a new Mercenary AP/SP ring, and shelve the crit one. When you hit the Warlord tier, upgrade your Freelancer AP/SP ring, then upgrade your Mercenary AP/SP ring to Freelancer. Double AP ringbow all the way across the sky
    Last edited by Sibylla; 02-15-2013 at 11:07 PM.

bottom line, you only need gear with stats on it to rock in those brackets. if you wanna use consumables, be my guest im not gonna stop you, but in my experience it wasnt needed at all.

just save all favor you get for merc gear, and follow the above.

honestly, any gear will suffice, that said, i still have the HK crystal bonus on my cleric, and it's kinda nice having some extra burst ^^
    Last edited by parangea; 02-16-2013 at 05:47 AM.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Soulwalker

I'm confused by the mention of level 50 pvp gear, unless I am completely reading it wrong and/or missing something? (although my 54 rogue has most of the level 50 gear from pre SL)

PS- Hey Parangea. Was tearing up warfronts on my rogue with you last week!
    Lethalie (Mage) | Saelith (Cleric) | Lethala (Rogue) | on Icewatch EU

Telaran

Well after reading that guide I decided to bust out my old level 50 warrior and start playing him primarily in PvP in the lower brackets, following the guide pasted above I am working on buying 4 pieces of Vanquisher gear (lvl 50) and then the synergy crystal.

However I noticed that the gear makes absolutely no difference to my stats, despite having vengeance, it appears to get normalised back down from 49 with the gear equipped outside a WF, to 15 once I am in.

I will still get the another 2 pieces followed by the synergy crystal, then work on the conquest source machine.

Sucks that we can't even get the benefit of vengeance on our gear pre 60 though.

Telaran

So yeah somebody correct me if I am wrong but it seems the only Valor or Vengeance we can get and actually keep while PvPing in a Warfront pre 60 is the 15/15 we get from planar attunement?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Seven3 View Post
    So yeah somebody correct me if I am wrong but it seems the only Valor or Vengeance we can get and actually keep while PvPing in a Warfront pre 60 is the 15/15 we get from planar attunement?
    pre 60, the only thing that matters, the only thing you keep, is the synergy crystal bonus.

+ Reply to Thread