+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Warrior + LT = joke

Soulwalker

Default Warrior + LT = joke

Really? LT on the move? Also not interruptable?
    I play mainly a Pyromancer and when ever I face a warrior with a tempest build, I get my *** kicked on 1v1, while again any other spec or class, I can face fairly on 1v1. Depending on the odds, I win or lose.

Now seriously, what is with the LT, I cant interrupt it, not atleast with Thunder Blast. My only hope is a stun from Pyromancer and that has a 0.5 second cast, so I cant do that on the move. Where again moving is everything in PVP. I have no time to stop, not even for a split second. Not to mention I have to target an area and click there, where as the LT warrior can just run and run and run, keep LT up and kill anyone. LT warriors are also single handedly on the top, on PVP lists.

Now what's the catch to LT? What am I supposed to do against it as a Pyro?

Burning Bonds -> Flicker out of range or LoS?
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Burning Bonds -> Flicker out of range or LoS?
    Not exactly an efficient solution, in that scenario everything would have to go right. And considering I can shoot fireballs to far out of LoS. I'd expect the channeling to continue there too, since the interrupt didnt work, why would this. Which is just sad.

Well you did say 1v1, so taking .5s for a Backdraft is a much better alternative to eating the full channel. Movement vs a Tempest in a duel is of minimal value, the DPS loss previously associated with running around was significantly reduced.

Sub specs that knock you out of 61 point DPS builds are usually better suited to duels. You have to make some compromises if you want utility that has the fewest possible counters, and you may not like the play style.

It's one of the cool features of Rift, but they recently made the penalties much more profound for dipping into other trees beyond 15 points. I'm hoping they make another balance pass to adjust some of that output downward, because with the current potency of healing very few builds are effective in group scenarios without 61 point DPS roles.

Ascendant

Flashfire doesn't work?
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Flashfire doesn't work?
    That's what I was thinking. Flashfire is an amazing spell.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

when did tempest start hurting again? But yeah anything that casts/charges/whatever should be interuptable.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-15-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Shield of Telara

High in the tree Tempests are squishy as haell, and not a great 1v1 spec. Everyone has to face them including me... they are the least of my worries. I don't run TMP because I think it kinda sucks, so I'm not sure what all the QQ is about.

Of course, if the tempest team is superior then ya it can own, but you can say that about a lot full blown DPS specs. I will say I'm not a mage, so maybe there is some innate advantage that TMP's have over your class, but I don't think so.
    EvanX / Nihilist / Insurgent

Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    High in the tree Tempests are squishy as haell, and not a great 1v1 spec.
    pretty much the same with pyro (and most any offensive ranged mage spec). 1v1 is probably not the best situation to compare these specs. They both sort of rely on spacing behind frontlines.
    Last edited by Inixia; 02-15-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    when did tempest start hurting again? But yeah anything that casts/charges/whatever should be interuptable.
    I might be too much in to world of warcraft, but I expect the target to be interrupted if they get pushed. But here, it is not the case, I've noticed.

Also, I haven't got to try Flashfire yet, I'm not high enough ( lol ), Nearly 32 atm. So by scrolling the trees, Dominators Thunder Blast seemed the best bet, without loosing too much points and it's instant cast. But it did absolutely squat. Which is very frustrating.

But, to the tips that TMP is a stand-up fight, I'll give that tactic ago today. I might report back something. But the damage of LT seems a bit too OP, atleast at this stage.

Pyromancer is then again at this point a good 1v1 spec. I'm actually going full pyro with the help of Chloromancer, and oh boy, it suits my style just perfectly. I can do pretty much anything I want, sometimes even take 2vs1 battles.

please PLEASE note the fact that you're lvl 32 in your op next time............

only pvp that's fun in rift now is the 50-54 and 55-59 brackets. just wait till you get 60 before you start QQ.
    Last edited by parangea; 02-16-2013 at 05:33 AM.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

I agree. LT is insane. Obviously not AS much in lvl 60 brackets. But regardless. When that **** is combined with either arc or icy burst and crits. Its not even funny. It channels for like 10s or however long it takes for the enemy to die lol. You can't interrupt it. Its got 30s cd. 35m range and you can ****ing move with it. And because of that blinking away is of little use. It makes me more sad than the old nysyrs.
    Serjackums
    Tis folly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiterjijny View Post
    this is work of terrible Trion

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Serjackums View Post
    I agree. LT is insane. Obviously not AS much in lvl 60 brackets. But regardless. When that **** is combined with either arc or icy burst and crits. Its not even funny. It channels for like 10s or however long it takes for the enemy to die lol. You can't interrupt it. Its got 30s cd. 35m range and you can ****ing move with it. And because of that blinking away is of little use. It makes me more sad than the old nysyrs.
    Finally, someone agrees with me. Honestly, I haven't seen, not one spell, that is like LT. Not one single spell or skill. Like, take 5 Tempests, put them in a group, take them to a WF and just watch. There's no fun in that. I'd understand it being OP if other specs would have counterparts for it. Like for a Pyromancer you get a 2m CD firespell that insta kills anyone, that would be a relevant counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Tempest has huge burst every 15s, what do u mean tempest doesnt hurt?
    Last edited by Byona; 02-16-2013 at 09:44 AM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

I didn't mention the disarm because I'm pretty sure it doesn't remove the ranged slot item, which is probably what the Tempest build uses as its ranged auto attack foundation. I don't recall ever being disarmed when I was dabbling with Tempest.

You will learn that 16 points in Dom is the cure-all for rogue and warrior spay/neutering. You can effectively castrate them by removing their slow to regenerate energy and power bars. Just wait until you're higher level before making it a priority.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast