+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Mage PVP Suggestions

Default Mage PVP Suggestions

If you have an idea on how to make us better in pvp, put it in here. I just dont think mages have a loud enough voice compared to the other classes, so I started this in hopes to start some dialog that the devs will actually listen to.

I would suggest in the harb tree to increase the parry and dodge to give us more survivability in 1 on 1 encounters. Or give us some pvp lessers that have dodge and parry on them. Idk if this would help but you sure can give it a try. post away

Are you running Chloro as a sub soul? That's actually quite a bit of survivability right there, harbs are actually still good currently in pvp. You just can't be a backpedaling, keyboard turning clicker. Otherwise it does good, not excellent, but certainly not bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Default ?

Harbringers and hybrid harbringers are very good atm in 1vs1 encounters.
    Chloro-harbringer was very strong, hard to beat build, but after the last hotfix is (almost) indestructible.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Quote Originally Posted by Brodian View Post
    Harbringers and hybrid harbringers are very good atm in 1vs1 encounters.
    Chloro-harbringer was very strong, hard to beat build, but after the last hotfix is (almost) indestructible.
    I was scratching my head when the OP mentioned Harb being bad, I was like wha?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

ok well i issue a challenge to those op mages. find some people who like to duel, hit ctrl y and open your challengers and your gear. make sure it is close to the same then duel. And post it on here. I would like to see you beat anyone of the other classes in a dual. Do not post videos of WF or CQ. Preferably someone from deepwood or seastone because i know those people are good and are not going to let you win. I never said anything about harb being bad, that is by far my favorite soul to dual with and have 4 variations of it. When i am satisfied i will back off.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Godmoney View Post
    ok well i issue a challenge to those op mages. find some people who like to duel, hit ctrl y and open your challengers and your gear. make sure it is close to the same then duel. And post it on here. I would like to see you beat anyone of the other classes in a dual. Do not post videos of WF or CQ. Preferably someone from deepwood or seastone because i know those people are good and are not going to let you win. I never said anything about harb being bad, that is by far my favorite soul to dual with and have 4 variations of it. When i am satisfied i will back off.
    So you r telling other ppl to do the duels, why dont you do it yourself.
    and if you watch my 61 harb vid there are about 3 1v1 all of which i was outgeared. i dont what your problem with cq is
    Kajii aka Subtanceabuse (Illuminati) Seastone

The lowest-end PvE players who should've been using one of our one-button DPS specs complained our PvP viability (and all the fun PvE specs) to ashes. Mage ranged DPS options died with Pyro. On paper some of our pet specs can put out the burst you need in PvP, but in actuality pets are morons with their pathing and provide an endless supply of Transmog procs for enemy Doms.

i mean, fulminate crits for 1/6th of a Mercenary-geared player's health. what the actual ****? and let's not talk about stormcaller

Quote Originally Posted by Brodian View Post
    1vs1 encounters.
    ...have nothing to do with game balance. By that logic, Mages were great in 1.8 because Chlorodom could win duels, when in fact it was the low-point of Mage viability in the 2 years of this game (though 2.1 is pretty close).

The problems in mage atm are mostly in its ranged offensive specs- which are kind of a staple of the class and is why some ppl are upset despite specs like harb being viable (the one I was really impressed with was Supraz). These classes tend to have lower defenses for the amount of dmg or utility they put out, and for the amount of ranged and caster specific counters out there (in some cases class specific defenses were even reduced with the expac- like soul purge in necro, or ride the wind/hypos in sc). Harbinger and Chloro are doing a little better than other specs, and its mostly due to the fact they they were balanced around defensive options that don't rely on a range advantage or cc. Even dom which is brought up a lot is mostly viable due to the fact that in places like port scion it can spam mediocre/low aoe dmg with limited utility in heavily healed backlines, and the other team will be too distracted to focus fire it (rogue aoe easily surpasses it though). In non heavy group situations almost all of these offensive ranged specs are easily countered by warrior and (esp) rogue options. Seems like rogues are counters every patch though. Either these specs need more defensive options to work around, or people need to stop complaining if glass cannon specs have better dmg than other specs imo. And you know... I hate pulls. A LOT.
    Last edited by Inixia; 02-15-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisGrey View Post
    So you r telling other ppl to do the duels, why dont you do it yourself.
    and if you watch my 61 harb vid there are about 3 1v1 all of which i was outgeared. i dont what your problem with cq is
    Man i love CQ, all i do is sit outside the other teams bases and wait for stragglers, its good times with very little lag. But i don't want to see mages get left behind again. If you are in the harb spec you should be able kill the other classes 1 on 1. And if you are in a ranged dps spec you should be burned down by melee. it just seems that everytime we have a spec that can take out melee, the other classes throw dam hissy fit then we get nerfed. chloro/dom and pyro/dom both of which melee had to work really hard' and know what they were doing to take them out, kinda like every day life for us.
    they should put top players from each class in warlord gear, and do some tests fighting each other 1 on 1, in a lot of different specs, and then try to balance pvp around that, or rock, paper, scissors. O, and you cant look at the other teams gear so i dont know how you could no that. I've taken out a lot of people like that and i have faced people i cant even get half way down. so i would like to see where we are at.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post

Mages were great in 1.8 because Chlorodom could win duels, when in fact it was the low-point of Mage viability in the 2 years of this game (though 2.1 is pretty close).
    That = Bad

1.8 was the high point.

Harbs -are- bad.

Yes, Im including you Sheona, Ive seen your stats. I've seen you lose to rogues, wars and get hammered in wf's. How you think your mage is running ok I have no idea, all I see is it getting slaughtered.

Anyway, the OP is bang on in that mages are crap, and their only saving grace right now is inferno, which gets them on the scoreboard at least. (But going on about dodge and parry is a load of ****, granted.)

The real problem is the healing reduction in pvp, and the length of cooldowns of single target instant heals.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by GentleHell View Post
    Harbs -are- bad.
    Explain plz
    Kajii aka Subtanceabuse (Illuminati) Seastone

Soulwalker

I share the same point of Sheonae, the harbs/chloro is very good in 1v1 if ;
    - the DPS of your enemy is under your own HPS
    - he does not have self heal
    - he is not a full chloro/cleric heal ...

this is why i never use it in wf..., only in cq skirmish

"Pongii@Brisesol"
    Last edited by Pongii; 02-15-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Its kinda upsetting that this expac and the class changes gutted all of our fun hybrid souls. I miss chlorolocs chlorodom pyrodom Pyrostormcaller domstormcaller and the list goes on and on and on. I feel mages need more hybrid options like WAY better soul synergy a remake of stormcaller to make it actually useful and some ability's and talents need to be looked at. Like seriously lol some mage ability's and and talents make me wonder what the Devs where on when they created them.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleHell View Post
    That = Bad

1.8 was the high point.

Harbs -are- bad.

Yes, Im including you Sheona, Ive seen your stats. I've seen you lose to rogues, wars and get hammered in wf's. How you think your mage is running ok I have no idea, all I see is it getting slaughtered.

Anyway, the OP is bang on in that mages are crap, and their only saving grace right now is inferno, which gets them on the scoreboard at least. (But going on about dodge and parry is a load of ****, granted.)

The real problem is the healing reduction in pvp, and the length of cooldowns of single target instant heals.
    mages need to be more vocal about our short comings. you read the warriors forums they are very vocal and give specifics about there complaints. we need more mages like that so the devs will listen (mob rules). and i really have no idea if increase in dodge and parry will matter in duals, but i am trying to suggest something that will not effect the pve crowd because they rule. this has been going on way before this last update.

Ascendant

People advocating 61harb/15chloro should be careful using that in warfront, if the veil is used you will not be getting veil heals from chloros.

Bring back the old reflective presence, this one is fairly poor in pvp
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 02-15-2013 at 09:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast