+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Increasing Valor was a mistake. Please back roll

Shadowlander

Default Increasing Valor was a mistake. Please back roll

A player who does over 3.5M damage done in Black garden?
    Never saw this in Black Garden before.

Black garden should be a speedy and fun game. Not like a Turtle..

I think a middle ground needs to be found..

Before, people died way too fast.

Now, it's at the other end of the extreme.

Right in the middle would be good.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Melee is now more viable because they live longer without heals like when they derp and overextend. You glass cannon folk better watch out now
    Last edited by Delmlord; 02-13-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: stuff
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Maybe it would be better to wait a bit longer before everyone starts to call for a reduction of valor, as atm most ppl still run survival specs instead of more damage output ones.

I would love to use dps souls for pvp instead of tank/support/dps if I want to play as damage dealer. Maybe it will be possible to melee again, and not shock pulse through WFs as warrior.

If I wanted to play a ranged class I would play my mage, cleric or rogue tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordplay View Post
    He wasnt wearing hes rank 8 gear he had 0valor with that crit on full valor ppl i crit for 6k only.

Yep, it's just fine IMO. You can actually melee without exploding on contact, and a CI/rev sup spammer can live till you OOM them without proper interrupts or a silence.

I think it's pretty darn close.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

I am actually rather pleased with the valor changes, perhaps they reduced damage too much...but for the most part it was a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by Berzz; 02-13-2013 at 12:57 PM.

I can finally play nightblade in pvp? I had to go 61 Bard to just survive a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Ascendant

wait at least 2 weeks, better 4 and then adjust if needed.

I bet within a week, folks will have dps specs that will mow through others, like before.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

I think they need to scale healing to the warfront size. Normal effect in 10 man, 15% reduction in 15 man, and 30% reduction in Scion and CQ.

Game was honestly fine before. This is stupid.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Lol take it easy really not that big of a deal. Think of it as a new teir of pvp gear. The problem with pvp is this right here that it should take spamming to kill rather then skill. Your not good at pvp when you expect to kill a player easily or its broken. There is no pvp that is working when people die in under 10 seconds. It should take time to kill someone because they should have oppurtunity to respond to your atack and feed on your mistakes. Patience and timing makes u a good pvper not blowing ur cds when they are up and getting the jump on someone.

Take pve as an example the harder the content the longer the fight. Same thing in pvp should be applied. If the opponent sucks well ur gonna kill them anyway but there is no reason that it should happen in a hand full of gcd it needs to take time. Youll appreciate it more that way.

Melee deserves this buff and i still feel a buff to healing is needed since this valor buff is simply to combat the lack of healers due to the nerf they take in pvp. Its not ok to be nerfed simply due to your role like healing currently is and when healing is broken then pvp suffers and tunnel vision and lack of good gameplay flourishes.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Game was honestly fine before. This is stupid.
    It wasnt find before, and currently yes, this is stupid, but its a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybadlady View Post
    Lol take it easy really not that big of a deal. Think of it as a new teir of pvp gear. The problem with pvp is this right here that it should take spamming to kill rather then skill. Your not good at pvp when you expect to kill a player easily or its broken. There is no pvp that is working when people die in under 10 seconds. It should take time to kill someone because they should have oppurtunity to respond to your atack and feed on your mistakes. Patience and timing makes u a good pvper not blowing ur cds when they are up and getting the jump on someone.
    I agree somewhat. People should have time to fight back. You should be able to more than spam crossfire in pvp and get somewhere. Lowering TTK allows me to to actually thing about targets and how they, and their team, will take them out /survive.

i still feel a buff to healing is needed since this valor buff is simply to combat the lack of healers due to the nerf they take in pvp.
    Absolutely not. Chloro and bard healing needs a nerf. And god only know how puri will be after this, but on paper, it doesnt look good for balance.

When you encounter another DPS away from healers, TTK is right on the money. Healers are currently too potent, largely in part I think because of their basically infinite resources.

I think the rate of those channeled mana returns needs to be cut in half for PvP. There should be some more severe punishment for going OOM due to spamming CI, etc.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    And god only know how puri will be after this, but on paper, it doesnt look good for balance.
    Is there a puri buff somewhere?
    Salace R80 Elzareth R59 Melgria R70+ Gremia L48 EU

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast