+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Increasing Valor was a mistake. Please back roll

Plane Walker

So dps get 37,3% nerf (reduction went from 67% to 79,3%) while healing remained same. *If* only intention was to make fights last longer and not buff healing we need to increase healing reduction in pvp form 50% to 68,7% to have similar effect to both sides. Result -> longer fights and healing/dps effectivity stays same as before this disasterous patch.

Ps. so much fun to try kill healer stone carriers in Scion now, they just run throught dps spamming insta heals and never even slowing for a second. Same is true in Whitefall too ofc. At very minimum increase healing reductions to all object carriers.
    I was born amidst the purple waterfalls.
    I was weak, yet not unblessed.
    Dead to the world. Alive for the journey. -Nightwish, Bless the Child

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It's a close call who had less fun today - me or my healer. Well, one healer played a single game and quit. But I guess it's even, another DPS played a single game and quit too.

NOBODY KNOWS!
    Maybe if you whine some more or state the same thing again it will get your point across. It was clear from your first post you didn't like the change but hey keep the posts coming Dalgar responded to you directly this is a start and likely not the sweet spot.

Again most people didnt think it was fine before to get to a better spot things must be changed and fine tuned, pretty simple really.

It's like some of you are spoiled children and you complain either way.

I generally play dps, but heal when there's not enough healers. These changes are a little silly.

On my dps I can still take down enemies, but it just takes a few moments longer now, and on my sentinel and warden it takes a hell of a lot more to kill me. In the last Black Garden, it took three dpsers over five minutes to kill me -- and I could just recharge with them chopping me up to recharge. Everything feels sluggish, and 2000 kills in CQ for a weekly are going to take forever. Not fun.

bottom line is this game went from a terrible FPS feel with little to no gaemplay just pew pew till a person was dead back to the MMO that i fell in love with and got me to stop playing FPS's. The valor is perfect right now, hitting someone for 3/4 of their health was a joke, now players have to focus targets and a 1 v 1 lets you use all your abilities defense and offense. Rift PVP is back, just adjust healing slightly and everything will be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It's a close call who had less fun today - me or my healer. Well, one healer played a single game and quit. But I guess it's even, another DPS played a single game and quit too.

NOBODY KNOWS!
    I think the TTK is pretty close to right, I think we need ways to limit healing recieved by the focus target, and I think rescaling healing debuffs might be the path to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Soulwalker

This does sound promising. Perhaps I will be able to play my Harbinger at 60 now and feel like I can actually contribute. Will have to test this tonight, as presumably the hotfix reached the EU this morning?
    Lethalie (Mage) | Saelith (Cleric) | Lethala (Rogue) | on Icewatch EU

Default I want to know where this number is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    So dps get 37,3% nerf (reduction went from 67% to 79,3%) while healing remained same. *If* only intention was to make fights last longer and not buff healing we need to increase healing reduction in pvp form 50% to 68,7% to have similar effect to both sides. Result -> longer fights and healing/dps effectivity stays same as before this disasterous patch.

Ps. so much fun to try kill healer stone carriers in Scion now, they just run throught dps spamming insta heals and never even slowing for a second. Same is true in Whitefall too ofc. At very minimum increase healing reductions to all object carriers.
    The percentage of change was ~15% from previous to now. They added ~13% valor. How and where do you derive 37% nerf from? A near 40% damage reduction from live previous would be obvious. This is not what is happening. I have a post that attempts to explain this, under one of the other QQ threads. It might help for folks to read it. I cant help but think that this is just a reactionary hyperbolic statement since I am now seeing this magic number ranging from ~30 - 40% all over the place now. Basic math fail? Or just QQ?
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Quote Originally Posted by Anathemus View Post
    The percentage of change was ~15% from previous to now. They added ~13% valor. How and where do you derive 37% nerf from? A near 40% damage reduction from live previous would be obvious. This is not what is happening. I have a post that attempts to explain this, under one of the other QQ threads. It might help for folks to read it. I cant help but think that this is just a reactionary hyperbolic statement since I am now seeing this magic number ranging from ~30 - 40% all over the place now. Basic math fail? Or just QQ?

damage reduction of 67% = you take 33% of original damage
    damage reduction of 79.3% = you take 20.7% original damage

(20.7% - 33%)/33% = -37.2% decrease in the amount of damage you take

basically an 18% increase in our damage reduction makes us take 37% less damage

if we went from 98% damage reduction to 99% damage reduction, the damage we take would be cut in half (1% is half of 2%) not 1% less.

Shield of Telara

Basic math fail?
    yes you did
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

Rift Disciple

Not everyone had 67% dmg red from valor pre patch, so I'm guessing he got his numbers from calculations such as this:

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Its not a 15% damage reduction, its nearly 35% less damage.

pre-patch: Players took 65% less damage, or took 35% of the incoming damage

now: players take ~78% less damage, or take 22% of incoming damage

22/35 = ~65%, so were taking ~35% less damage than we did. Thats massive.

i agree healing should also take a hit if were getting that magnitude of an increase in damage reduction.
    Edit:
    Oh, Redcruxs already beat me to it.
    Last edited by Cornu; 02-14-2013 at 07:24 AM.
    Cornucopia - lvl60 Rogue -|- R80 [Brutwacht EU] - | - Guild: Vanen

Plane Walker

A word of advice, learn to count before commenting other people's maths.
    I was born amidst the purple waterfalls.
    I was weak, yet not unblessed.
    Dead to the world. Alive for the journey. -Nightwish, Bless the Child

Lmao, this change is just funny. Daglar, if you think this is "better for the game" get real. /facepalm
    AFK.

3 BGs this morning and...

I can stand in MELEE (as a healer) !!!

AND last SEVERAL minutes...

Superawseomefun!

But it DOES feel skewed the wrong way...
    Jooliah
    Guardian Mage Faeblight
    Manumanu
    Defiant Primalist Faeblight
    Nordvegr

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Haipaa View Post
    Lmao, this change is just funny. Daglar, if you think this is "better for the game" get real. /facepalm
    it is. the change may have not been perfect but it is definitely a step in the right direction. there will most likely be a small healing reduction in pvp after a week or two of this. just watch
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    it is. the change may have not been perfect but it is definitely a step in the right direction. there will most likely be a small healing reduction in pvp after a week or two of this. just watch
    It might be a step in right direction. But the Amount of Damage reduction is way over the top.
    AFK.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast