+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32
Like Tree168Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Increasing Valor was a mistake. Please back roll

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    I'm not one to engage in PvP debates since I'm not experienced at all with the subject, but this confuses me in particular. How would you design PvP, or encounters in general, if you don't expect your players to rise to the challenge? Players are given the tools to interrupt and silence. It's on that player to use those tools.
    Because the opportunity to present a challenging situation is much easier than it is to deal with it. Why would you want to rise to anything when you can just do what they are doing and exploit the healing and valor changes?

Healing is the most successful "tool" in the game. Take out healing add in silence and interrupt and all the mana drains etc. with dps.. Healing wins out. You need healing it is necessary. It is the meta of the game. You have no healer, they do.. it just feels like you get ran over by a train.

So what suggestion do I say is wrong?

Let's stack some heal debuffs for multiple classes.

Healer: No because it would ruin the meta of the game.

So let's fix warfronts so healing isn't required so much. Carriers are no longer effected by healing or healing now has increased diminishing returns or carrier now get buffed but can't recieve heals.

Healer: No it would ruin the meta of the game.

So let's give classes back some tools. Buff the drains, add some talents back into vk. add a snare to warrior.. add back some interrupts like earth burst or silence to wind spear etc.

Healer: no it will ruin the meta of the game.

What about considering, going into souls gifts and adjusting TTK for each of the souls instead of a global increase?

Healer: No it would ruin meta of game.

So what is this meta then.

Healer: Your job as dps is to 3:1 me. If you can't do it, should have rolled a guardian healer. GG.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-19-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Roll back the valor changes partially and give something else a shot. For example: increasing the mana cost of AoE and large heals in PvP, decreasing big in-combat mana regen abilities in PvP, and slightly decreasing AoE/mass drains such as TI on mana only (in PvP).

Default No

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Roll back the valor changes partially and give something else a shot. For example: increasing the mana cost of AoE and large heals in PvP, decreasing big in-combat mana regen abilities in PvP, and slightly decreasing AoE/mass drains such as TI on mana only (in PvP).
    It would ruin the meta of the game!
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

...meta...
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Leave the valor alone - we're killing each other at a very reasonable rate in the absence of heals, probably the best it's ever been. Turn other knobs.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Turn other knobs.
    Start with fripplez nipplez

Plane Walker

I just want to chime in to say am happy with the changes, people still die fine. Sometimes too many heals in a choke point can be annoying as hell, but that is also exaggerated by people throwing themselves repeatedly at these spots.
    Koz

Shield of Telara

make valor reduce mana gained from regen abilities. problem solved
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

PVP
    * Rewards (Experience, Favor, Prestige, coin, Notoriety, Conquest Power, and Freelancer's Marks of Conquest) are now suppressed if you spend more than a minute in the starting areas of Warfronts or Conquest. By leaving the starting area for a few moments, you will no longer incur a penalty. During the course of legitimate play, this should be a highly rare occurrence.
    * Reduced the amount of Valor available on PvP set gear.
    * Reduced healing received in PvP combat at level 60.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...ml#post4164658
    --BC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32