+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Increasing Valor was a mistake. Please back roll

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    The changes are great most of the qq are coming from rogues who can no longer kill people in a few seconds now they are having to work for it. Healers are still dying regularly and now playing a melee feels viable again the changes are great.
    Dying regularly? Not in the WF's I was in...Maybe in CQ, havnt done that today yet..But most certainly not in the WF's I have been healing in...
    Ashatara@Deepwood
    Gurgash@Deepwood

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #32
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Luknar View Post
    So when you do decide to lower healing again, will you make sure it is done strictly in the pvp aspect, or will I need to worry about how it will effect me in my PVE environment as well?

As a Healer, specificly as a cleric healer, I know that they are coming...I would just like to know if I should just shelve my healer from both aspects of the game at this point and begin picking up another hobby, like reading a book.
    Cuz last thing I want to do is grind another toon to 60 atm.
    Your PVE healer has nothing to worry about. I'm not sure why you would be worried about that. We tend to adjust healing in PvP using our PvP tuning knobs - or by doing PvP specific nerfs to specific abilities.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    given all the "probably, potential" of your post, you are clearly testing things on live...
    why not come clean on the subject before the outrage ?

"we want to test something but the PTS won't do so this is going to be live for 1 week"

PS : xillean , nice sucking up
    Get over yourself. I give props where they are due, ive said plenty that I didnt like in the past and will do so in the future.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    The melee that was viable before can't kill SH!T that is being healed. It makes no sense. TTK was only inflated for healers and hybrid tanks and pure dps( the specs that were suffering from low ttk still suffer.) What a bad move. Don't even say anything about melee can live longer you have no idea about the big picture. Tanks getting pocketed healed need like 5 players on them and 3 on the healer at the same time IN PURE DPS SPEC...lamest thing they ever did.
    Let me get this straight, 1 vs 2 (1+1 healer) = loss for the 1. Ok, sounds good.

Tanks getting pocket healed need like 5 players, again, I fail to see the problem. If you're a tank you're nothing more than a walking target dummy. The way to take a tank out is to COMPLETELY IGNORE THEM. The tank isn't any more likely to kill you than an angry rodent.
    Last edited by Carinae; 02-13-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Ascendant

Dying regularly? Not in the WF's I was in...Maybe in CQ, havnt done that today yet..But most certainly not in the WF's I have been healing in...
    I wont say regularly but this notion that healers are invincible is wrong on so many levels. It just takes of a bit of work to get kills now. I think people are just spoiled by the high burst before the hotfix most especially rogues. I for one have no problems killing people and wfs aren't as lopsided either
    Last edited by Kiika; 02-13-2013 at 05:43 PM.

i honestly do not understand where the constant complaining before of too much dmg came from. if you were getting one shot, it's your own fault for using a glass cannon build and expecting to be tanky. GOOD healers were extremely hard to kill it would take more than 1 good dps to kill 1 good healer, more like 2 or 3 good dps to kill a top tier healer. burst damage was high enough to where if everybody focused one target without cooldowns they would die no matter how much healing there was, which is how it SHOULD BE. if you enjoy healing battles where nobody ever dies, then only que scion and leave the rest of us who actually enjoy killing people alone. tired of all the bad players and bad healers saying dps is too high when good healers are just laughing at damage.

i didn't even know there was a patch until i que'd today and nobody was dieing i was like wow these people take no damage, and then i was told it was a valor change and everybody is like that. i que'd up as a DPS BARD, and out healed the dmg of a tempest with my 5 charges of harmonic distortion, that should not happen. this change is a pathetic change for bad healers crying enough to get what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I'm not sure if I've ever claimed we don't "test" certain things on live. Like any change that goes into the game, its all tentative - things are not solidly set in stone ever. If something ends up being terrible what do we do? We remove it, we tweak it, we adjust it.

~Daglar

i'm not sure it was ever made clear before and since PTS exists we assumed all testing would happen there. still a little PR doesn't hurt anyone and makes it look like your care. ( you might actually care about pvp as a person but it doesn't look like trion as company gives a S....)

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    Get over yourself. I give props where they are due, ive said plenty that I didnt like in the past and will do so in the future.
    get over yourself , thanking every developper for posting a reply might seem pragmatic and clever but it's a bit outdated. if you have to disagree with them just say so.
    Last edited by littlepoit; 02-13-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Sword of Telara

adapt to what exactly? Adapt to the fact that we are now going to start seeing a much bigger increase in healing while dps tries to figure out how to stop them from chain healing each other while not letting anyone else die?
    Get adapted to what is now WF's running down to the timer because no one is dying?
    Get adapted to getting another nerf to healing to subsidize the decrease in dps?
    I think we have all done enoguh "Adapting" in the terms of the pvp aspect of the game now.
    How bout some answers to some questions that we all know will be coming soon enough...

like...
    So when you do decide to lower healing again, will you make sure it is done strictly in the pvp aspect, or will I need to worry about how it will effect me in my PVE environment as well?

As a Healer, specificly as a cleric healer, I know that they are coming...I would just like to know if I should just shelve my healer from both aspects of the game at this point and begin picking up another hobby, like reading a book.
    i can agree this is all being tested by us live unvoluntarily while we continue to pay $15/month. so far since the expansion i have payed $45 sub fee +$40 game purchase of my money to play a quality game, not to just deal with a broken untested implimented change until they decide when they are going to change it. the game was fine since the last fix in terms of heals to dmg. its called play 25 games in a row and look at the numbers for top healing and top dmg, they have been pretty close to one another most games until now. so why not just do the valor adjustment which would fix the ttk and not touch anything else?

Ascendant

adapt to what exactly? Adapt to the fact that we are now going to start seeing a much bigger increase in healing while dps tries to figure out how to stop them from chain healing each other while not letting anyone else die?
    Get adapted to what is now WF's running down to the timer because no one is dying?
    Get adapted to getting another nerf to healing to subsidize the decrease in dps?
    I think we have all done enoguh "Adapting" in the terms of the pvp aspect of the game now.
    How bout some answers to some questions that we all know will be coming soon enough...

like...

Oh dear...

but its been one of the hot button issues for the PvP community and we are actively looking at it.
    There are a lot of hot buttons with the PvP community, and a lot of them are idiotic.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #42
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    There are a lot of hot buttons with the PvP community, and a lot of them are idiotic.
    Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I guess I'll be damned and do instead of damned and don't.

~Daglar

Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I guess I'll be damned and do instead of damned and don't.

~Daglar
    this is a step in the right direction man dont let QQ change how you feel about making changes in pvp and dont judge the pvp community by the usual trolls

I gather. My point was I hope you feel strongly about this, not doing it because the community feels strongly about it. This community would destroy a game if we had our ways because we aren't game designers. I just hope it is a genuine concern of yours and the teams.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-13-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

~Daglar
    Exactly one of the biggest complaints was lack of a frontline this intends to help that and it's a good start. The amount of complaining of course is typical

I am however glad that changes are being made to find a good middle ground for PvP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast