+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Increasing Valor was a mistake. Please back roll

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Oh I adapted -- Too bad that means using CC and Interupts which mean nothing.

So I adapated more and stopped playing.

- Vybz
    Can I have your stuff?
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Oh I adapted -- Too bad that means using CC and Interupts which mean nothing.

So I adapated more and stopped playing.

- Vybz
    if you are going to keep posting, you might want to swap those two youtube links around in your sig

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

After doing about 30 WF's and 3 CQ's, I can appreciate the patch much more now. Indeed, I am not invincible sadly. From my point of view, Valor is fine with only 1 Warfront that really seems to have changed dramatically from pre patch.

Karthan Ridge! I don't know why but people just do not seem to die as fast there as in other WF's. Reminds me alot of Port Scion and with the bridge. It's not a problem just a different type of batlle then before. A more long term fight on open at the spawn points.

Overall fights do seem more intense and you have to work to get your kills. Focus fire does work with bringing down healers as before. My impression now is that Valor is fine but if lowered slightly it would be ok as well.
    Genny@Greybriar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by thechair View Post
    Well you'd be less damned if you'd at least meet us half way. Wfs are absolutely ******ed right now. Glass cannons should die at some point. In a 2v2 2 dps vs 1 healer 1 dps, even if the healer is halfway decent he has no problem keeping himself and the glass cannon up. It slows the game down waaay too much and caters to terrible players. You guys had a valor screw up like this before, why not learn from that? At the very least reduce these changes by half.
    You are 180 degrees off. The current set up favors skilled players way more than non skilled players. When everyone just died right away, this did not require any skill or strategy or abilities at all.

The idea that longer battles favor unskilled players is completely absurd.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Was it your bloom letting you facetank as a chloro or your veils self healing? Lol. Please explain how you did this? Lol people are such trolls.

Side note: gw2 pvp is not as fun and no is not balanced. Filled with mesmers, thieves, guardians and some engineers. Nothing new like their repetative wfs. Played 3 days ago for two hours before giving up on it.
    Yeah a lot of bad players are being exposed. No cholro is facetanking 8 people unless they are playing against level 10s in open world on seastone. Of course that would not surprise me given half the people on seastone.

People are making these wild and outlandish claims that just make them come across as being very bad at playing the game, I am sure they do not actually realize it while posting it, but it does. It is silly.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkside View Post
    All my heals and corrosion and ruin and void life and you just stand their. I'm guessing your one of the people who think this change is good.
    If you could not kill yourself asa chloro with another mage spec, then you are just really bad at being a mage and should probably play another class.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    So dps get 37,3% nerf (reduction went from 67% to 79,3%) while healing remained same. *If* only intention was to make fights last longer and not buff healing we need to increase healing reduction in pvp form 50% to 68,7% to have similar effect to both sides. Result -> longer fights and healing/dps effectivity stays same as before this disasterous patch.

Ps. so much fun to try kill healer stone carriers in Scion now, they just run throught dps spamming insta heals and never even slowing for a second. Same is true in Whitefall too ofc. At very minimum increase healing reductions to all object carriers.
    Lots of healing just got nerfed. So I am not following it.

I disagree with people knee jerk asking for a healing reduction. We will have to play for a bit and see. My early experiences don't show this at all playing both dps and healer.

All the bugs from SL launch gave a ton of extra healing and they removed those. Plus reducing healing equal to damage reduction makes zero sense. The entire point is to increase the TTK and elongate battles. I am really perplexed by people who are struggling with this or worse thought the previous situation was anywhere close to ideal,.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rarz View Post
    I generally play dps, but heal when there's not enough healers. These changes are a little silly.

On my dps I can still take down enemies, but it just takes a few moments longer now, and on my sentinel and warden it takes a hell of a lot more to kill me. In the last Black Garden, it took three dpsers over five minutes to kill me -- and I could just recharge with them chopping me up to recharge. Everything feels sluggish, and 2000 kills in CQ for a weekly are going to take forever. Not fun.
    This makes no sense. Since this went in, I have played in 4 conquest matches where people on my team got 1000-1500 kills in single conquest matches.

Again I am not sure people understand the changes, and clearly they are making comments without playing parts of the game.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Haipaa View Post
    Funny how you think this affects "Rogues", I still top dmg every WF as rogue, that doesnt change the fact that if you have 3vs3 groups where both sides have healers, WF's are Terrible.
    Something or someone is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    Lots of healing just got nerfed. So I am not following it.

I disagree with people knee jerk asking for a healing reduction. We will have to play for a bit and see. My early experiences don't show this at all playing both dps and healer.

All the bugs from SL launch gave a ton of extra healing and they removed those. Plus reducing healing equal to damage reduction makes zero sense. The entire point is to increase the TTK and elongate battles. I am really perplexed by people who are struggling with this or worse thought the previous situation was anywhere close to ideal,.
    With the Valor update I have also noticed my mana shortage to be more pronounced. On an average open volley. pre-update, if my team was better we could wipe out the other team about the same time my mana ran dry. Since the patch, I definitely run out of mana and I am having problems producing mana to continue the fight.

There is alot more involved to this Valor change then I think alot of people are considering. For casters such as myself, this mana shortage also has an impact on gameplay. Please take this into consideration for those wanting to nerf healing more.
    Genny@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    This makes no sense. Since this went in, I have played in 4 conquest matches where people on my team got 1000-1500 kills in single conquest matches.

Again I am not sure people understand the changes, and clearly they are making comments without playing parts of the game.
    Regardless of what they say, if you can't admit that this solution to rectify TTK problems was badly implemented you lack any kind of sound logic. Once you can admit to yourself this is a poorly implemented solution no one will ever have to suffer from the nerf bat because the correct solution is exactly what I said and what I meant by fine tuning. Going into the gifts of each class and giving them a PvP bonus if they have ultra low ttk. Deciding if a soul should have bonus increases in mitigation should be the totally last option in fixing TTK because it can be EASILY exploited by some souls/class.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-14-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Can we please just get a buff to endurance rather then a buff to valor.

Actually trion is just not able to fix rift pvp.

Lost cause is just lost cause
    Last edited by Scarybadlady; 02-14-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkside View Post
    All my heals and corrosion and ruin and void life and you just stand their. I'm guessing your one of the people who think this change is good.
    Your heals based off you naming abilities would not keep you self healed enough to keep you alive vs 1 good dpd let alone 2. Let me give you a clue-synthesis heals your target wonderfully. Too bad you cant be the target of it. Lol. Yes chloros heal OTHERS great. You really need to try playing the class, or quit trolling. Lgv procs are NOT letting you facetank any dps save terrible ones.

At least Trion IS doing something.. the metagame will change. Its why the word meta is in it, it means "current" so its "Currentgame" and the meta favors healers and Tempest. Im sure the devs realize "TTK is stupid right now, lets find neutral ground" and reduce it...

Tl:dr: Be happy the devs care enough to try to fix PvP.
    Phirus: P80 Cleric @Faeblight
    Retired possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by GennyG View Post
    After doing about 30 WF's and 3 CQ's, I can appreciate the patch much more now. Indeed, I am not invincible sadly. From my point of view, Valor is fine with only 1 Warfront that really seems to have changed dramatically from pre patch.

Karthan Ridge! I don't know why but people just do not seem to die as fast there as in other WF's. Reminds me alot of Port Scion and with the bridge. It's not a problem just a different type of batlle then before. A more long term fight on open at the spawn points.

Overall fights do seem more intense and you have to work to get your kills. Focus fire does work with bringing down healers as before. My impression now is that Valor is fine but if lowered slightly it would be ok as well.
    Don't worry Genny... Bad teams still lose. We had like 8 ppl on us in the church for 5 minutes before they finally brought enough CC to bring us down and our team still didn't take the bridge or the church. You can't fix stupid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast