+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 474
Like Tree168Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Increasing Valor was a mistake. Please back roll

  1. #166
    Ascendant Fujitasix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    i'm just going to put this out there, warriors are and have always been a very strong pvp class, if you ever had trouble killing people as a warrior you're doing it wrong.
    Prior to the valor change I was complaining about killing people in 3 GCDs. It was dumb.

    Healing is currently overtuned in comparison to damage. It is dumb.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

  2. #167
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Xillean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    can you honestly say with a straight face that healing is fine right now? it shouldn't take a whole team to assist and work together and kill one player. it should take a small group of 2 or 3 to kill a healer not 5 or 6 and if there are more then a few healers then have no chance to kill people.

    as a player who targets mostly healers and who also relies on them to keep me alive the balance is not there yet.
    I can say healing is fine when each team has 1, maybe 2 if you have good dps and can assist. 3 or more plus bard have fun with that. I dont have any solution for this problem either when teams have a lot of healers but ive played several games both healing and dps and it seemed fine to me when the teams had 1-2 healers each, any more or throw some bard/tact in there and it was a nightmare to try and kill anyone.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

  3. #168
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    243

    Default

    People spend way too much time thinking about pvp in RIft....as I sit here and read everything.
    Lyrria - Deepwood
    <Godlike Awesomeness>

  4. #169
    Rift Disciple Godmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    i'm just going to put this out there, warriors are and have always been a very strong pvp class, if you ever had trouble killing people as a warrior you're doing it wrong.
    hell ya they have! before storm legion they would burn mages down in 5 seconds flat. problem with wf is people hit target closest target and spam away, and usually that is melee classes that get targeted. No one class should be able to burn down another class 1 on 1. Fights need to be close and require skill, with 2 equally geared classes. That's my opinion on how things should be balanced anyway.

  5. #170
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    My first reaction was in conquest and felt a little too much but after playing quite a few warfronts last night, I like the current state of affairs in regards to valor, healing, dps and ttk.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

  6. #171
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godmoney View Post
    hell ya they have! before storm legion they would burn mages down in 5 seconds flat. problem with wf is people hit target closest target and spam away, and usually that is melee classes that get targeted. No one class should be able to burn down another class 1 on 1. Fights need to be close and require skill, with 2 equally geared classes. That's my opinion on how things should be balanced anyway.
    thats what we have right now, a 1 v 1 lasts a solid 10 secs even when people have full dps specs. there is no more kill someone in 3 seconds before they even know what hit them. its so much better too. it wasnt fun ti kill someone that fast or get killed that fast

  7. #172
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    So you link pciture showing Scion were loosing team got two (2!!) kills and THAT in your opinion proves healing is working atm?? Seriously think a bit....

    I'm never saying warriors can't get kills or are worse than any other dps class. If anything they are better than rest, thou tempest is still one getting most damage done unless one has pocket healer and can literally melee without any risk of ever dieying. Point is that healers are far more important than dps. Obviosly there are worthless bad healers too so linking some random WF where side with less healers happens to die hardly proves anything.
    I was in a POS yesterday and I played a healer. We got absolutely rolled. We got rolled because we did not have enough healing. I was playing a cholro. While I got top healing in the entire warfront, even though we got trounced, I had 45% MORE healing than the entire rest of my team combined, and this included other people allegedly specced at healers. We did not get many kills and we got beaten hard. We lost because we did not have enough healing, not because the other team had too much.

    Trying to claim such situations are an example of healing being overpowered now is absolutely inaccurate. In my case we did not get any kills because it was trivially easy for them to kill us before we could ever kill them.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

  8. #173
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    can you honestly say with a straight face that healing is fine right now? it shouldn't take a whole team to assist and work together and kill one player. it should take a small group of 2 or 3 to kill a healer not 5 or 6 and if there are more then a few healers then have no chance to kill people.

    as a player who targets mostly healers and who also relies on them to keep me alive the balance is not there yet.
    I'm saying that teamwork is nearly non existent anymore. WF's are supposed to be team based. People go down a lot faster (no matter what class it is) if people assist.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  9. #174
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Why is everyone suggesting nerf to healers, why not increase healing debuff to 20% to compensate?
    I don't think either are necessary. I primarily play dps but sometimes switch to healer when necessary and it is still possible to kill healers. I am not sure what people are doing where they think healers can not be killed.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

  10. #175
    Ascendant Fujitasix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    I'm saying that teamwork is nearly non existent anymore. WF's are supposed to be team based. People go down a lot faster (no matter what class it is) if people assist.
    You could easily say the same for healers - but they get raid frames as a crutch to keep people up and produce 3x the upward movement per cast as downward movement from a DPS'ers GCD/attack.

    Obviously the answer is to cap everyone at 10k HP
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

  11. #176
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    You could easily say the same for healers - but they get raid frames as a crutch to keep people up and produce 3x the upward movement per cast as downward movement from a DPS'ers GCD/attack.

    Obviously the answer is to cap everyone at 10k HP
    this is the real problem, when dps work together vs a bad team of healers they kill the healers but when healers pay attention it doesnt matter what the dps does since healing is so high right now.

    dps train can do all they want but vs a good group of healers that pay attention people wont die and thats why you see stale mate matches with no kills

  12. #177
    Rift Master nacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    678

    Default

    I haven't done any WFs since the change yet, but the change seems great in Conquest.
    I still won't melee there due to the whole "90 enemies and 2 FPS" situation, but I've noticed more people living when I do my VK summons.
    At least now people can fully load the enemies before dying.

  13. #178
    Plane Touched Iksander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thechair View Post
    Well you'd be less damned if you'd at least meet us half way. Wfs are absolutely ******ed right now. Glass cannons should die at some point. In a 2v2 2 dps vs 1 healer 1 dps, even if the healer is halfway decent he has no problem keeping himself and the glass cannon up. It slows the game down waaay too much and caters to terrible players. You guys had a valor screw up like this before, why not learn from that? At the very least reduce these changes by half.
    In other words you want to go back to blowing someone up in a few gcd's in your op rogue specs. Ok got it.

  14. #179
    Plane Touched Iksander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    231

    Default

    It may not be anywhere near perfect balance for everyones tastes, but ttk too high is way better than ttk too low.
    Last edited by Iksander; 02-14-2013 at 04:01 PM.

  15. #180
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iksander View Post
    It may not be anywhere near perfect balance for everyones tastes, but ttk too high is way better than ttk too low.
    Agreed.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts