+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Removing Battle for Port Scion from weekly pvp quest

Default Removing Battle for Port Scion from weekly pvp quest

I've never thought of Port Scion as pvp. At best it's CQ lite. Don't get me wrong, it has it's place. It's great for zerging when CQ isn't up. But then aren't all WFs that way these days. Anyway, asking us to win 3 Port Scions each week is overboard. I can understand 3 of the others, but not Scion. Don't jump your guns either, because this isn't a qq thread. I do have a proposal; change the weekly to be 2 of each of the other WFs. All of the other WFs are quicker, and actually contain some real element of pvp besides killing pve mobs/obstacles and running stones nonstop.

I'd like the weekly to change to "Win 9 random matches" instead of specific maps. I still do it as it is now but I'm not a huge fan of Scion because it lasts SOOOO long and a lot of times I don't get queues for it atleast not for long periods of time.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchfraze View Post
    I've never thought of Port Scion as pvp. At best it's CQ lite. Don't get me wrong, it has it's place. It's great for zerging when CQ isn't up. But then aren't all WFs that way these days. Anyway, asking us to win 3 Port Scions each week is overboard. I can understand 3 of the others, but not Scion. Don't jump your guns either, because this isn't a qq thread. I do have a proposal; change the weekly to be 2 of each of the other WFs. All of the other WFs are quicker, and actually contain some real element of pvp besides killing pve mobs/obstacles and running stones nonstop.
    A little Scion goes a long way - everyone I know hates it. I personally like it, but maybe including it in the weekly is a bit overkill. I have a feeling, though, that without the weekly you would probably never get it to pop.

P.S. Trion should remove at least half the NPC's.
    Last edited by EvanX; 02-13-2013 at 12:23 AM.
    EvanX / Nihilist / Insurgent

Champion of Telara

I love Scion, always did.

The bigest problem in Scion was always the players, same as it is in conquest. It doesnt have to be all about PvE - the players make it so. All it needs at the moment is the NPC's toning down and its all good.

I must admit though, body pulling 5 or 6 of the mobs and depositing them on the other teams healer gives me plenty of lols

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    I'd like the weekly to change to "Win 9 random matches" instead of specific maps. I still do it as it is now but I'm not a huge fan of Scion because it lasts SOOOO long and a lot of times I don't get queues for it atleast not for long periods of time.
    That's kinda how I feel with the win 3 CQ's weekly. I mean I don't mind CQ, but when I want those wins, I want those matches to be fast.

Side note about Scion. I don't mind Scion, although I wish it had more tactics involved, but it would require a bigger map plus a lot of other changes. I'm personally a fan of objective based PvP (I find it more interesting than just purely slugging it out).

That said, the first time I ran Scion (a few weeks ago), I was in for a surprise on how hard some of those miniboss mobs hit for.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

It is weird they added random weekly dailies, then gave us a specific weekly.

I've tried queuing for last scions I need, but the queue just takes forever... since you know everyone is doing the escalation or randoms.

9 wf wins sound a like good idea
    Last edited by Saia; 02-13-2013 at 05:52 AM.

scion used to be about PvE but since the release of SL, people tend to disregard the PvE boss route and play the good old king of the hill at the bridge. absolute fragfest but it's usually fun.

9 random wins sounds more reasonable now that I think about it. As long as you do your daily plus a few others you're sure to get the weekly done. Even if the daily win didn't count towards it, queuing for all available WFs at once is sure to get you into a match quicker than solo queuing for a specific map over and over again hoping for a win. I ran into this for the past week's weekly quest. I queued for codex and scion repeatedly and it was the same few people on the other team making it very difficult to get a win. As a result I wasted many hours when I didn't have them to spare and still was unable to finish the weekly (1 scion win short, queued for it ~20 times over the week).

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Setting the warfront weekly to a total of nine or twelve total wins for the week sounds much more better than having to spend an entire day in port scion, playing Russian roulette.
    --BC

Rift Disciple

I'd go with Hannon's suggestion. Also, this

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchfraze View Post
    9 random wins sounds more reasonable now that I think about it. As long as you do your daily plus a few others you're sure to get the weekly done. Even if the daily win didn't count towards it, queuing for all available WFs at once is sure to get you into a match quicker than solo queuing for a specific map over and over again hoping for a win. I ran into this for the past week's weekly quest. I queued for codex and scion repeatedly and it was the same few people on the other team making it very difficult to get a win. As a result I wasted many hours when I didn't have them to spare and still was unable to finish the weekly (1 scion win short, queued for it ~20 times over the week).
    The only time when Scion is going to pop up on a more regular basis is when it serves as the Escalation WF.
    Cornucopia - lvl60 Rogue -|- R80 [Brutwacht EU] - | - Guild: Vanen

If people would do more than get a bad case of tunnel vision on the bridge Port Scion would be a lot more fun
    Even free cost too much now

I'd rather do Port Scion over Codex.

Please tell me Codex isn't on the list this week (I'm at work; can't check).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    I'd rather do Port Scion over Codex.

Please tell me Codex isn't on the list this week (I'm at work; can't check).
    Sadly it is

I love Port! happy to see it in the weekly, its the only time i ever get into ports most weeks.
    Infy <Transience> of Threesprings
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast