+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Level 60 PvP Gear

Telaran

Default Level 60 PvP Gear

So I just hit level 60, 20 minutes ago, and I was super excited! I had saved up all my allowance in my piggy bank over the previous 10 levels, and managed to buy myself one-o-dem shiny and fancy 150% mounts. I was ecstatic!

And then I hit the PvP vendor.

I realized that every single piece of mercenary gear (level 60 PURPLES) would result in my losing a large amount of several stats. I was upset, but I then though, 'Well it's only the mercenary gear, you get bolstered up to it for free anyway, makes sense that it's not great!'

And then I hit the p-rank 70 vendor.

I then realized that all of my savings and all of my journeys were negated by the fact that I would, from here (p-rank 50) on out, see little-no progression stat-wise.

I thought to myself, 'Why!? Why would Trion do such a ridiculous thing? Make the only aspect of the game for some so pointless and minor with minute stat increases or even stat losses!'

My current gear (20 minute old level 60, I am,) ALL have more dex and strength than all of the current PvP gear out there! I'm a rogue! That's what I live on!

So I concluded that Trion wants to force PvPers to raid as well so we can be as powerful in the world events when getting reputation

I mean that has to be the reason, right? Why else would they make such an easily fixable mistake?

Trion needs to drastically increase stats of PvP gear, or at least make it so that it's impossible to suffer stat losses with sub-60 gear when purchasing your fancy new PvP sets ^^

The only real things I noticed a difference in were the runes you could buy from said PvP vendors

More raiders.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-12-2013 at 12:53 PM.

threat #101 about this, but

everyone in pve gear, better or worse then merc gear get bolstered to merc gear.
    everyone in pvp gear, worse then merc gear gets bolstered to merc gear.
    the reason for you to get merc gear and freelancer/warlord gear afterward is that runes and such on those gear actually get effect in wf's. runes on pve gear get negated. look some more on the forums, there's 100 more threats about this, and what gear works in wf's and CQ.

cheers \m/

oh, and there is no 130% or 150% pvp mount. same goes for the synergy crystals, pve and pvp both uses the same ones. you also NEED to do pve for infinity stones for both synergy crystals and pvp (both merc and freelancer) lesser essences.
    Last edited by parangea; 02-12-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Quote Originally Posted by parangea View Post
    threat #101 about this, but

everyone in pve gear, better or worse then merc gear get bolstered to merc gear.
    everyone in pvp gear, worse then merc gear gets bolstered to merc gear.
    the reason for you to get merc gear and freelancer/warlord gear afterward is that runes and such on those gear actually get effect in wf's. runes on pve gear get negated. look some more on the forums, there's 100 more threats about this, and what gear works in wf's and CQ.

cheers \m/

oh, and there is no 130% or 150% pvp mount. same goes for the synergy crystals, pve and pvp both uses the same ones. you also NEED to do pve for infinity stones for both synergy crystals and pvp (both merc and freelancer) lesser essences.
    *threads

Also I'm not sure because the vengeance from pvp gear might give you a MS loss vs current gear but that vengeance then adds to your AP/SP post bolster so like right now in a wf i have 1900 AP but when you add in the 1300 vengeance I have around 3200 AP which does make a difference

inb4 raider-whiners whining about how PvP and PvE should be completely separated so they don't have to walk into a PvP situation, get an atomic wedgie and run home crying to mommy ...

We can do fine in the open world. You say that Trion doesn't want us to do well in world-events, but quite honestly PvP gear works fine. It is PVP GEAR, not PvE gear. Just use your level 58 greens in the open world if it is that big of a deal. PvP gear with runes is easily the best for PvP.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

OP wants end game gear upon hitting level 60, gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Gear parity with little improvement between tiers. After the gear got boosted, it's more than sufficient for world content. I don't have drop pieces that are better than my PvP gear at this point, but I'm more than capable of slaying world dragons. Just the hit that is a problem for hunts and such.

ALSO PEW PEW REPOSTED FOR THE ELEVEN THOUSANDTH TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I had been looking to put together a full, ordered-list style "purchasing order" guide for PvP gear, but I got bored/lazy/totally disinterested, so here's a quick crash course version.

The Rules

* At 60, any gear without valor (or with valor but with lower stats than the Mercenary set) gets replaced by the equivalent Mercenary piece, should such a piece exist. This is known as bolstering.
    * Any bolstered piece does not benefit from procs, enchantments, or other funky doo-dads on it (hint: upgrade weapons ASAP so you can use consumables). Thus, it is still important to buy and rune your Mercenary pieces when you can, especially since you need to flip them into Freelancer.
    * The following pieces are NOT bolstered: synergy crystal, source machine/sigil, trinket, and greater essences in your source machine/sigil. Lesser essences will get replaced, though apparently missing some valor from what I've been told (I've never bothered to look because lazy), and I've been unable to get greaters to proc (and they show up as bolstered), so ymmv.
    * Synergy crystals draw their bonuses from the equipped armor, not the bolstering replacements, so you'll need 2pc/3pc/4pc Mercenary to benefit from the new crystals, for example.

What Should I Buy to Start?
    * Four pieces of level 50 PvP armor. The pieces you need to buy depend on the runes you can get, since you want to get the four items with the "weakest" rune options (since the runes won't apply). I have a list at home recommending pieces, but essentially it's belt/gloves/boots, and then whichever of... shoulder/legs, I think, that has [Secondary Stat]/Crit, where the Secondary Stat is Str for Rogues, Dex for Warriors, Wis for Mages, and Int for Clerics. This could change if the value/impact of crit gets increased. Why these pieces? Because...
    * The level 50 Synergy Crystal. Free stat stick out of the gate that will tide you over until you're ready to roll.
    * Level 60 PvP weapons. Rune them up and be sure to get some weapon enchantments.
    * Conquest Master's Sigil/Source Machine. The +50 Vengeance one. It's still best-in-slot. Fill it with garbage lessers for now (they get bolstered, remember) and throw a nice +resist rune thing on if you've got the stones to burn.
    * Buy a solid PvE seal. They aren't replaced, and it's a delicious stat stick -- and if you're not huge on needing the valor/end, often a better choice than the grindfest-2013-Conquest-sigils.

What Should I Do Afterwards?
    * Get all the Karthan things you can get. The weapon enchants are huge. The runes are huge. The trinket is huge. Grind the hell out of that Karthan rep -- and if you don't mind PvE, grind Eternal City Survivors and uh... one of the other two PvE factions, I can't remember which offhand. The belt rune one. You want the neck and belt rune eventually.
    * Buy lots of consumables. Powersurge/Brightsurge vials, Tablets/Seeds/Pet Runes, food. Consume them. Consume them all. SOOOOOOOOOOO HUNGRYYYYYYYYYY.
    * Play enough Conquest to at /least/ get your ring and seal runes each time you upgrade them. Optionally: Conquest trinket(s), Conquest blue seal, Conquest purple AP/SP trinkets.
    * Related: eventually work towards putting the PvP essences in your sigil. You can skip the crit ones if you plan to get the Conq purple AP/SP crystals.
    * Get at least one synergy crystal (for the +AP), and others if you actually stand to use the synergy crystal bonuses. You'll want this for when you switch off the level 50 one, since it will (eventually) be a net gain via the runes.
    * Work towards buying all the slots for which you don't have level 50 gear in before buying items for the slots you have level 50 gear in. Once you've got a full set, you can work towards the next tier (optionally upgrading the level 50 pieces right to Freelancer to so you don't have to rune the Merc pieces).
    * If you near a weapon threshold (P70, P80) try to ensure you have the marks/favor to buy the weapons ASAP. Trust me.
    * Other than that, upgrade pieces as you go, as fits your tastes/wardrobe choice/cash flow (remember: you have to re-rune). Special Keirsti Pro-Tip: When you hit the Freelancer tier, upgrade your AP/SP ring, then buy a new Mercenary AP/SP ring, and shelve the crit one. When you hit the Warlord tier, upgrade your Freelancer AP/SP ring, then upgrade your Mercenary AP/SP ring to Freelancer. Double AP ringbow all the way across the sky.
    Hurray team.
    Last edited by Kyera; 02-12-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Still though, there seems to be something not right about Warlord equipment having worst stats then level 58 quest greens.

Why do they go to such extremes ? Could they have not at least made the top tier equivalent to expert drops ?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    OP wants end game gear upon hitting level 60, gotcha.
    :P You must've posted that on the wrong thread xD Nowhere in my OP does it say or insinuate anything miles near what you said :3 I'm simply saying that my level 60 PvP gear shouldn't lose any stats when trading in for my sub-60 gear. That's all ^^

When I got the two daggers, they both did something crazy like 50 more DPS than my PvE daggers (crazy I know!) BUT I lost 5-10 dex and 52 or 53 AP, which put my DPS at a net loss.

If any item is meant for the same overall stat focus for the same class, every single stat should go up (or remain the same... just not go DOWN) when the item is of higher level and/or rarity. Do you disagree?

I had saved up all my favor from level 51-60 and was excited to get all of my weapons replaced. I was very disappointed when I saw that I'd be losing effectiveness while wearing them /_\
    Last edited by Jakeywunder; 02-14-2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: just more detail :D

Telaran

Soooooooo

If you can show up in any piece of junk gear and it get's bolstered up to mercenary quality.

Does that mean it is better to upgrade 1 piece at a time to at least freelancer level? If not higher? Rather than try to get a full set of mercenary gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Seven3 View Post
    Soooooooo

If you can show up in any piece of junk gear and it get's bolstered up to mercenary quality.

Does that mean it is better to upgrade 1 piece at a time to at least freelancer level? If not higher? Rather than try to get a full set of mercenary gear?
    Short answer: No.

Longer answer: No, as you can rune/enchant your own mercenary gear. Therefore, you'll have an advantage against players in bolstered gear only.
    You'll need the mercenary gear to buy the Freelancer's anyway, and favor is way easier to get than all the marks you'll need for upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordplay View Post
    He wasnt wearing hes rank 8 gear he had 0valor with that crit on full valor ppl i crit for 6k only.

Telaran

Ok

I can get that. So when runing does it have to be Vengeance or Valor runes, or will PvE runes suffice?

I'm guessing the PvP runes are better, but they tend to chew up favor that might be better spent on a gear upgrade. whereas I have a 375 runecrafter and can pump out PvE runes all day.

Sitting on 260k favor and wondering where best to put it as I do spend an equal or greater amount of time in PvE than I do in PvP, but I do enjoy a bit of a brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven3 View Post
    Ok

I can get that. So when runing does it have to be Vengeance or Valor runes, or will PvE runes suffice?

I'm guessing the PvP runes are better, but they tend to chew up favor that might be better spent on a gear upgrade. whereas I have a 375 runecrafter and can pump out PvE runes all day.

Sitting on 260k favor and wondering where best to put it as I do spend an equal or greater amount of time in PvE than I do in PvP, but I do enjoy a bit of a brawl.
    Imho:

Helmet - RC rune
    Necklage - Survivor's rep rune
    Shoulders - RC rune
    Cape - Qajiri rep rune (if you can get the 35/19 one) otherwise the RR rune
    Belt - Caretaker's rep rune
    Leg - RC rune
    Hands - would go with the lvl 50 CQ rune
    Chest - RC rune
    Feet - RC rune
    Weapons (MH, OH, ranged) - RC rune
    Seal(pvp) - CQ vendor in TB
    Rings - CQ vendor in TB
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordplay View Post
    He wasnt wearing hes rank 8 gear he had 0valor with that crit on full valor ppl i crit for 6k only.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by StuffedDuck View Post
    Imho:

Helmet - RC rune
    Necklage - Survivor's rep rune
    Shoulders - RC rune
    Cape - Qajiri rep rune (if you can get the 35/19 one) otherwise the RR rune
    Belt - Caretaker's rep rune
    Leg - RC rune
    Hands - would go with the lvl 50 CQ rune
    Chest - RC rune
    Feet - RC rune