+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Misun
  • 1 Post By Fujitasix

Thread: Updatting a Warfront

Default Updatting a Warfront

As a player, I appreciate the escalation versions of Warfront. Testing out the new Carnival of Ascended Codex ~ The Wheel of Fate get's me reenergized to play the same Warfront in a new way.

I love all the creative players we have in our community and so I thought I would ask this question. If you could design an updated version of a current Warfront what would it be? What would it look like?

I can imagine Karthan Ridge with random bosses spawning blocking paths to upper areas to add an extra element of danger and a little harder for solo runners. And of course some heavy metal music would be nice.

So if anyone is bored and wants to share some of their updated Warfront versions I would love to read about them.

P.S. Yes I did spell Updating wrong >.<
    Last edited by GennyG; 02-12-2013 at 08:43 AM.
    Genny@Greybriar

I still want that payload WF they put on hold.

Shadowlander

I would love to see map hazards. For example... in port scion, each team could have cannons that alternate fire either randomly or perhaps focused on the bridge. A brief target would appear on the ground and you must move or be hurt badly. It would add some flavor into the battles for bridge control.

Black garden... may a swarm of insects sweeps randomly through the middle, draining mama and energy from people in it.

Thinking for one for whitefall... will post any other ideas I can think of.

hmm, i would change black garden. get rid of the fang and make it team-deathmatch based, each kill is 10 points, 500 points to win. fifty kills seems reasonable, of course should it be that the kill-count adjusts with the amount of ppl playing.. make it that premades queueing for this can easily get versus groups of 5v5, 10v10 and 15v15. imo a great map for that. possibly a premade only wf.
    or just make a new map, which would be like one of those castle thingies in steppes of infinity. same rules applied.

just my 2ct

p.s. you spelled the title wrong...
    Last edited by parangea; 02-12-2013 at 10:06 AM.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

All we need is the ability to group duel in dimensions.

The players would take it from there.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Yep, dimension group dueling would rock! I built part of my dimension in anticipation of this.

Now I just need more experience group dueling...
    Pandia | Pandita | Kochochan | Tiamo
    <Natural Born Killers> and <-Every Time-> @Deepwood
    Stream on Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    All we need is the ability to group duel in dimensions.

The players would take it from there.
    oh that would be so awesome. our dimension has an awesome arena very suited for stuff like that! if only it saw moar blood...
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Quote Originally Posted by GennyG View Post
    As a player, I appreciate the escalation versions of Warfront. Testing out the new Carnival of Ascended Codex ~ The Wheel of Fate get's me reenergized to play the same Warfront in a new way.

I love all the creative players we have in our community and so I thought I would ask this question. If you could design an updated version of a current Warfront what would it be? What would it look like?

I can imagine Karthan Ridge with random bosses spawning blocking paths to upper areas to add an extra element of danger and a little harder for solo runners. And of course some heavy metal music would be nice.

So if anyone is bored and wants to share some of their updated Warfront versions I would love to read about them.

P.S. Yes I did spell Updating wrong >.<
    damn, i saw a genny post and thought it was going to be something about being repelling shot+static shot combo'd like 25 times in one karthan ridge, i need to try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    static shot
    I got a cc break finally!.... in my ranged tree.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-12-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Still waiting for my Huttball ripoff. Pass the Dragon Skull or something highly creative like that

Anyone remember Pigskin Footbrawl? With the vikings and trolls, nooses, pits, stabbings, and scrums? Rift could have all that and more.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

damn, i saw a genny post and thought it was going to be something about being repelling shot+static shot combo'd like 25 times in one karthan ridge, i need to try harder.
    That would be a great thread! I for one would rather read threads on the forums that aren't all about "I'm the best". I really enjoy Warfronting and reading threads about new ways to improve Warfronting and new ideas.

I think passing along some new ideas for the devs through the forums is a great way to do it. They can't really do anything with the "I'm the best" threads.
    Genny@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by GennyG View Post
    That would be a great thread! I for one would rather read threads on the forums that aren't all about "I'm the best". I really enjoy Warfronting and reading threads about new ways to improve Warfronting and new ideas.

I think passing along some new ideas for the devs through the forums is a great way to do it. They can't really do anything with the "I'm the best" threads.
    it's only a matter of time before every thread turns into i'm the best thread though

it's only a matter of time before every thread turns into i'm the best thread though
    Remember when you had to eradicate those warden hots before you could plow through them?

Me too. /sniffle

Just last week I was having to use silences and stuns to kill healers. How time flies... ahh the memories.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

+ Reply to Thread