+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rogue of Warrior for PvP?

Default Rogue of Warrior for PvP?

Hi
    Im new to the game and I would like to know which is a more viable class for pvp?

Like which one is better in 1-1 and in warfronts?

Thank You so much

Mei

Go warrior. You'll feel less guilty after you kill someone.
    Fluent

what do you mean by that?

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by LATVIAN View Post
    what do you mean by that?
    Rogues are and have been disgustingly overpowered for awhile, and are so easy they aren't even fun to play.
    Fluent

oh ok thank you

Ascendant

Go Rogue. They have the best synergy out of all the classes (damage...damage...oh look this ability and my passives add....damage). Depending what you take best utility, defense, damage, speed, all in one for the most part. Since they are the #1 class taken by far (wonder of wonders) Trion will probably not truly ever balance them, and realistically only truly balances Pve not pvp so things go in a circle rather quickly bringing the class back to its usual advantageous state. i.e. some callings have 1-2 OP builds, rogues get 4-5 at any given time.

You will find, though, like the last post said, some find it too easy and thus boring. You will also have Naysayers who don't play any of the other callings so are truly ignorant of comparing them to other callings. I have all four classes, but chose to mostly play mage due to the mechanics and fun of it, not for its grand power.

I would suggest trying cleric or rogue out. Warriors they don't seem to ever find what they want to do with the class and mages can be overly frustrating if you don't have patience for a huge learning curve. I can heal easier on my cleric and live longer because the class is not as gimped as my mage and I can range better on a temp warrior build better then my mage or inq cleric and almost as good as my MM, which beats out all.

Dont listen to this rogue crap - rogue denotes many play styles and souls - just saying rogues are OP is the grossest generalistion - some are excellent others are clearly gimped - heres my generalisation - go with the tried and true - anything with a blue bar is Trions gilt edged guarantee of godliness - always has been always will be
    Last edited by betty; 02-12-2013 at 01:20 AM.

New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Touched

There is one thing however if you pick a rogue. You won't be allowed to say sentences like "saying rogues are OP is the grossest generalistion - anything with a blue bar is Trions gilt edged guarantee of godliness", without being questioned for your general lack of ability.
    Salace R80 Elzareth R59 Melgria R70+ Gremia L48 EU

A rogues perspective on other class issues:

Why don't you just make a spec to counter it?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

People who play only one class will foever complain about rogues because they are most popular class. The best thing when deciding about class is to understand two things. One is that guardians have the most pocket healers and most stack healers which means that glass burst specs are thriving on that side. It is also compounded by players who actually know how to use their class. Defiant warriors role dps spec and complain for instance about no heals while even though most guardian warriors can do it better since over abundance of heal stackers they still choose to roll VK/hybrids.

Now if you want to know.. what I really think. Rogue sin atm is probably the best 1v1 spec. Good warriors can beat them with their own hybrid spec but it is challenge. Mage cleric team is near god mode and the best in group play because of healing variable. If you play conquest and see you are in a team with rogue and warrior you almost always should leave to get a better team with more healers for constant up time unless all you are doing is avoiding battles and capping.

Warrior is great at tanking and pulls in CQ. In warfronts they have capable burst spec but need pocket healing. They have great range with great AOE as well and do not become a liability to your team since they do not have stealth like a rogue which makes team look small.

Pet classes from mage is OP which makes team look huge also..you just need to know how to play your class to win. But if you want to know the biggest imbalanced it is two classes have healing capable roles while two do not and all dps FOTM specs are capable of topping KB from each class. So picking a healing capable class will carry your team if lack heals and if you have sufficient healing you can simply switch over to dps. This is the imbalance that lives throughout rift since day 1.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-12-2013 at 05:09 AM.

Everyone is just jelly of rogues because they were actually their soul's synergy was designed so well which keeps in the spirit of Rift.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-12-2013 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Everyone is just jelly of rogues because they were actually their soul's synergy was designed so well which keeps in the spirit of Rift.
    Pretty much this. We can't help it if we're designed to be able to do just about everything. Versatility is a powerful tool, being able to adapt to any sort of situation and counter with the right spec is one of the reasons rogues dominate pvp, that and ezmodemarksmanloooooool.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

I have been a rogue since head start vanilla, they were terrible for 8 months, then became decent after 1.5. Now they're in a good place, all classes in pvp have capable burst builds, that do very good sustained damage, not only rogues. So choose your poison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    Pretty much this. We can't help it if we're designed to be able to do just about everything. Versatility is a powerful tool, being able to adapt to any sort of situation and counter with the right spec is one of the reasons rogues dominate pvp, that and ezmodemarksmanloooooool.
    I actually kill faster with my 61 Bard specc and can heal myself to full unlike marksman lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast