+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Randomise Conquest

Plane Walker

Default Randomise Conquest

Over the last few days I have been pumping hrs into conquest. I would say 90% of the time Nightfall are victorious on Eu servers ? This I believe is due to location of the starting bases and the natural flow the train goes for Nightfall against the others factions flows

Im not going to bore you with the science behind who has the better travelling distances ect but I think it would shake things up if the starting bases were randomised I think this would be a better idea than randomising the whole joining thing

Also not sure if anyones noticed and i believe its due to the so called ability lag icewatch suffers but before I see the join button spawn Nightfall is already full and it drops me in another faction
    Not sure if others icewatchers are noticing yet I always seem to be targeting nightfall players from quieter shards like Argent?

I like your idea for randomizing CQ entry. Sometimes, one group is full but 2 are not so I flag one of the non full factions; then it pops me into the other non full faction. I like the idea of choosing but it's just so random as to whether or not you get into a certain group it might be better just to go with random all the way.
    Genny@Greybriar

Those who are serious about CQ are on top of ques the second they pop. Therefore that team will always have the majority of try hards and people who want to win. Sadly its not just Trions problem but the players as well. Claiming one faction to be "the victory team" is the real problem with team imbalance. Then you have the worse teams doing even WORSE because half the team is soaking CQ power at the spawn point.

Same old thread different day
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Fia

CQ needs full randomization, I don't see any other way to solve this problem (apart from redesigning CQ from scratch, but we all know that's not going to happen ...).

NA CQ is about as random as you can get. EU players need to get off their collective duffs and establish a few competent leaders to get the ball rolling, swapping factions frequently to avoid any perception of a dominant team.

A little effort and coordination can go a long way.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    Those who are serious about CQ are on top of ques the second they pop. Therefore that team will always have the majority of try hards and people who want to win. Sadly its not just Trions problem but the players as well. Claiming one faction to be "the victory team" is the real problem with team imbalance. Then you have the worse teams doing even WORSE because half the team is soaking CQ power at the spawn point.

I would like Daglar to explain how this que system works if that's the case. Is it really fastest fingers because I sadly over the past few days have set stopwatch to be ready to try and join Nightfall been clicking away before it pops been clicking away soon as it pops and it always tells me it's full, as I mentioned in op is it just Icewatch lag that causes the button to pop later than other servers? Or is it the que system takes it by server alpha A-Z and Icewatch is further able to join further down the que?

I don't suffer system lag with a 32Ms

Plane Walker

Ok First wargroup

Nightfall full = button pops 7secs after countdown finished? forced into dom

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    NA CQ is about as random as you can get.
    Yes, last time I checked NA servers have a lot more people playing on them than EU servers, so I guess it's due to that fact, that NA servers get a pretty random CQ distribution. This doesn't work that well on EU servers though, as most of the players are PvE orientated and don't really give a **** about CQ, sadly ... Also NA players seem to care more about proper PvP than EU players.
    Last edited by Fia; 02-12-2013 at 01:02 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Plane Walker

2nd win for Nightfall again 7 secs button pops after countdown finishes and nightfall full and had to join Oath

Can not be just me on icewatch having this issue

Latency was 31Ms

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post

this exactly why the current system isnt working. It puts those caring for cq all in one team as these are the people instantly clicking.

the other teams then get (mostly) those not so interested and just clicking when they see the msg "conquest startet" or read in chat etc.

conquest queue just needs to be random from the very beginning. i just dont understand the reason behind this mixed system they put in now. it was a perfect time to introduce random queue and be done, but as so often it seem a dev cant just adapt a comunity wish 1:1 but has to put in some own "thought" or something...

Ascendant

this is how the system works in europe:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    this is how the system works in europe:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0

Abenddämmerung = Nightfall
    Schwur = Oath
    Herrschaft = Dom
    Last edited by Fia; 02-12-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Abenddämmerung = Nightfall
    Schwur = Oath
    Herrschaft = Dom
    lookin at the win/loss i think it was clear what abenddämmerung is ;)

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    lookin at the win/loss i think it was clear what abenddämmerung is ;)
    :P

/10chars
    Last edited by Fia; 02-12-2013 at 05:39 AM.

It looks just like NA did before we took it upon ourselves to "fix" it.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast