+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The 4800 Conquest marks Trinket

Default The 4800 Conquest marks Trinket

There's quite a few posts knocking around, giving varying information on the trinket.

The 4800 dps conquest mark ability has a proc rate of 0.87% of your overall damage. Which is identical to the proc rate of the melee weapons bonus damage such as 'Infinite slayer'.

Do devs have any plans to increase the proc rate of the trinket? It's currently not worth upgrading from the ridge runners trinket. The conquest marks would create a much bigger dps increase if they're spent on lesser essences.

Do people have the proc rate of the conquest healing trinket and do they know what causes it to proc? Does the healing conquest trinket proc on tanks? Rogue curative engine? Any information appreciated.

The proc rate will vary based on gear, rotation and spec. Regardless of those it will always be practically nothing.

You don't buy the trinket for the proc, you buy it for the stats. If there are other more cost-effective purchases you can make, then get them first.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 02-09-2013 at 06:07 AM.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    The proc rate will vary based on gear, rotation and spec. Regardless of those it will always be practically nothing.

You don't buy the trinket for the proc, you buy it for the stats. If there are other more cost-effective purchases you can make, then get them first.
    That's what I don't understand. You can grind the exact same trinket within 2 days, it just doesn't have the bonus damage. Why would they even add this 4800 dps conquest trinket when it's so worthless. Have they made a mistake? Is it bugged? Are they aware how useless it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Paragoon View Post
    That's what I don't understand. You can grind the exact same trinket within 2 days, it just doesn't have the bonus damage. Why would they even add this 4800 dps conquest trinket when it's so worthless. Have they made a mistake? Is it bugged? Are they aware how useless it is?
    The upgraded one has better stats. Just comparing mine vs the vendor: 4 str, 2 dex, 6 end, 3 crit power, and 3 veng more to be precise, plus proc. Maybe the time investment isn't worth it for you, but its still an overall dps upgrade for pvp and pve vs the smaller one.
    Infy <Transience> of Threesprings
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragoon View Post
    The upgraded trinket has more Endurance and more Offensive stats as well as the proc. You aren't just paying for the proc.
    Nope.

Ahh yeah. My mistake, i thought it was identical.

Do either of you know the proc rate for the conquest healing trinket and what sets it off?

If things like curative from tactician and cleric tanking heals set it off then it would make alot of sense to request raiders in pve take the healing trinket rather than the dps trinket.

The Healing version is set off by Healing abilities and/or Healing Spells.
    Good luck convincing your DPS players to buy the Healing one first just because they run 0pt Justicar or play Warlock. It definitely makes sense for Bards to get the Healing one though.
    Nope.

if you are a PVE'er ............which most of you are........then its not worth it to grind for the upgrade as valor and defense arent increases to your pve damage/healing and time spent (2-3 months of average playtime) isnt worth the 2-3 points increase in your primary stat.

boggles my mind why all these people afk grind to get in the games but they would be better off just going to hunt rifts to get all epic soul essences.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    boggles my mind why all these people afk grind to get in the games but they would be better off just going to hunt rifts to get all epic soul essences.
    I'm a PVPer so I got my trinket by virtue of doing what I'd do normally, so not really grinding for me. As an interesting side note, however, I usually AFK my way through zone invasions to get the IS I need for the essence upgrades. Yesterday I got yelled at by someone I *know* AFKs through CQ for leeching from their hard work. Funny stuff.
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

Well colour me confused. The increases in stats you guys are bandying about are far smaller than the increase I actually saw when I upgraded with the 4800 marks.

The route I went was I bought the crappy blue trinket from the vender in sanctum and spent 575 marks to upgrade it which gave me

Conquest Master's Retribution
    Wisdom 34
    Intelligence 32
    Endurance 30
    Spellpower 35

Then I spent another 4800 marks (which took less than 2 weeks) to upgrade that to

Freelancers Enlightened Orb
    Wisdom 59
    Intelligence 41
    Endurance 87
    Crit Power 52
    Vengeance 46
    Plus the healing proc

Its currently the BiS trinket for just about any class regardless if you go the dps or the hps route because of the stats and the fact its the only stat trinket out there. Add that to the fact that most of the proccing trinkets from dungeons have crappy proc rates anyhow and can end up being harder to get than the cq trinket and thats why people want it.

Quote Originally Posted by kiralia View Post
    Well colour me confused. The increases in stats you guys are bandying about are far smaller than the increase I actually saw when I upgraded with the 4800 marks.
    There is another trinket you can buy with faction from running the new KR warfront that has better stats. Both the pre-SL CQ trinket (that you mention in your post), and this new KR trinket, upgrade into the same freelancer's trinket. I actually upgraded my old CQ trinket to the new one as well, but I know a bunch of people just grinded KR to buy that one because it was close enough.
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

Ascendant

Obviously you get the trinket and the essences ldo
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Are you saying it has a .87% chance proc rate or .87% make-up of your DPS with it's current proc rate?

Because if it makes up ~1% of your DPS that is about right for a damage proc, least one on gear. You don't really want them doing 3 - 4%+ tbh.

I've heard stuff about it having trouble procing though for some. Could be a class thing. I know mine has a better proc rate than < 1%. But it isn't the first time I have seen someone say they hardly proc - last time it was a warrior I believe.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-10-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The damage is like 1%-2% over like 2 hours of play testing with various specs for me.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-10-2013 at 11:58 AM.

a **** upgrade fort a **** trinket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast