+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Why are the pvp venders still in the game?

Soulwalker

Default Why are the pvp venders still in the game?

So, im trying to figure out your logic trion for keeping the pvp venders in the game when you have given the gear away to every player. i came back after a 5-6 month break or so, hit 60 and started pvping only to realize that my ghetto hk gear that im in has become end game pvp gear when ever i enter a battlefront/conquest.

I was fully expecting (and looking forward) to getting destroyed for the first little bit while i grinded for gear but no, you guys choose to give away max pvp stats of the bat. The gear wont even add to the totals you already gave. I can understand if you gave everyone say about 1-1.5k valor off the bat to help out those grinding, but starting us off with max stats when we still got crappy gear.... really? like really? Doing drugs at work while making choices is bad yo.

Like, you basically now raid for your pvp gear, and not pvp for it. now, thats not an issue granted, the issue is the fact you guys kept the venders in the game when no one will use the gear and lets face it, you guys got 1 pvp server that is close to dead by the looks of it and world pvp on most servers is not that big of a thing except for an even smaller number of ppl.

Right now ill admit, i have no desire to pvp when theres no reward for it. Might as well play an fps to fight against other ppl if gear isint going to matter. Cause right now, your game is everquest with battlegrounds.

Well, im done my rant and yes i know my english and grammar sucks, dont care since still getting used to new more compact keyboard.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day!

The freelancer set you get bolstered to at 60 is easy to get, it is a trivial set of stats anyway. In the end, I really can't gripe terribly because I don't get much out of steamroller someone with half the valor they should have while sporting an awfully small HP pool. It would be a joke. But the freelancer gear is so easy to get as I said, there is no reason to feel it is greatly earned. It is just there to get the ball rolling and get in with the gear scheme to upgrade to the better stuff. There has to be *something*, there can't be nothing.

I hit 60 a week after SL and have pvp'ed every day. Still don't have full set of Warlord gear and only 1 CQ essence. It's not like the gear is that free of a give away. I know lots of people who don't even keep up with CQ weeklies. There goes 10 - 20+ marks a week. I don't see how there is no reward for pvp. I guess if you view it pragmatically and make it a math equation, technically you don't *have* to pvp for it, and will get it by proxy of participation. But, I don't see why you would spend the several months it takes to deck out in gear that is sub par to easily obtained PvE gear. So why would someone go for PvP gear unless they want to PvP? Even the Warlord weapons aren't worth hitting r80 for if you want to do something other than PvP. But they are great for PvP.

Reading again perhaps you misunderstand. You certainly don't get max stats. You get a large chunk of valor. Warlord decked gear and CQ essences are much better than what you are getting.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Is this the new daily thread?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

What most people don't know is, that one only gets the bonuses from runes when wearing pvp-gear, and what most people underestimate, are how huge those bonuses are (full-set of runes is actually like wearing at least 2 additional pieces of armor) , and how huge even the minor stat-advantages from the higher gears are.

Anyhow, I'd also vote for a reason to play pvp past Rank 80. How I'd love it, if pvp-ranks were endlessly, end every 10 would give 1 additional skill-point, 61 Defiler / 61 Sentinel / 61 Warden here I come...

Quote Originally Posted by Seraiel View Post
    Anyhow, I'd also vote for a reason to play pvp past Rank 80. How I'd love it, if pvp-ranks were endlessly, end every 10 would give 1 additional skill-point, 61 Defiler / 61 Sentinel / 61 Warden here I come...
    Here's a reason: you like PvP.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Just be glad there's not a huge gear discrepancy anymore, like there used to be.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Here's a reason: you like PvP.
    /sigh

Really, there are a multitude of reasons why people pvp. I love pvp, but I also love carrots, does it mean I'm not a true pvper? I play MMOs for the progression, the carrots and the feeling I get each time I obtain a shiny new peice of gear, to say that MMO PvP should only be about pvp and nothing else, is silly.

I get that people have different opinions but even now, most pvp games (FPS) offer a progression system with ranks and gear that change stats. Would you call them a fake form of pvp? If you take away the carrot you will just drive away more people from pvp.
    Last edited by HannonHellbringer; 02-09-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    /sigh

Really, there are a multitude of reasons why people pvp. I love pvp, but I also love carrots, does it mean I'm not a true pvper? I play MMOs for the progression, the carrots and the feeling I get each time I obtain a shiny new peice of gear, to say that MMO PvP should only be about pvp and nothing else, is silly.

I get that people have different opinions but even now, most pvp games (FPS) offer a progression system with ranks and gear that change stats. Would you call them a fake form of pvp? If you take away the carrot you will just drive away more people from pvp.
    And this is why MMOs suck now.
    Even free cost too much now

Here is a hint...
    Not everyone is on a blue server...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Is this the new daily thread?
    Its a rotation.

Please note, the following is to be read in Supercross/Monstertruck announcer voice only!

Monday "Melee is borked"
    Tuesday "TTK is too low"
    Wednesday "Why buy Mercenary Gear"
    Thursday "This effing healer won't heal me!"
    Friday "Fix healing!"
    Saturday "So how long will Rogues be OP?"
    Sunday "Silly gated progression"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

bolstering and gear normalization made rift a better pvp game.

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    /sigh
    Sigh all you want.

If you're PvPing for the sake of increasing stats on a paper doll, you should probably take a look at why you're PvPing again, because it's not like PvP is going to get you optimal stats on a paper doll.

Keep in mind the poster said he was looking for a reason to PvP past the rank cap. Liking PvP should be reason enough to keep PvPing once you've eaten all the ******* carrots the devs have fed you -- powergrinding to a cap and then stopping strikes me as someone who doesn't really "get it".

Then again, we are also in an era where people go to university to get a diploma exclusively for vocational reasons (I recently graduated with many of these people).

Keep in mind the poster said he was looking for a reason to PvP past the rank cap. Liking PvP should be reason enough to keep PvPing once you've eaten all the ******* carrots the devs have fed you -- powergrinding to a cap and then stopping strikes me as someone who doesn't really "get it"
    And yet this is exactly what PvE is all about. MMO's are under pressure to put out new content so the player base doesn't get bored and leave. When people clear content more often than not, they stop playing until new content comes out.

And yet we run the same wf's over, and over, and over again. How many new wf's did we get with SL? Yeah....

Without world PvP warfronts are it. That's the entire PvP game. Liking PvP should be a reason to keep PvPing but who in their right mind likes running the same wf's year after year? In order to keep PvP rich and exciting there has to be better incentives. There has to be world objectives. There has to be fresh content. And yes, there has to be some sweet rewards.
    Last edited by Bodicca; 02-09-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Ascendant

tip to op:

first get your facts straight. then think about it. think about it again. if THEN there is something to complain, think about it again. THEN post.

He's talking about 50-54 bracket gear normalization and bolstering.

Well we really dont give a **** about that bracket. Come back and complain again when you're 60

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast