+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Any possibility that twinks will make a return? (Don't know what thread to put this i

Soulwalker

Default Any possibility that twinks will make a return? (Don't know what thread to put this i

Hi, I usually am a very big twink player. Believe it or not, I like to kill other twinks more than just being over powered as it gets. I like to max out a character and get progression towards max level in the process (as in how a lot of twinks got the first 1 or 2 PvP sets before going 50) if not just staying a twink to duel my friends.

I know it has been awhile since the twinking patch and that it was out of control, but I liked it. I used the unbalanced gear to kill other twinks and make sure that my team had a chance at winning. At the time I was a guardian warrior with 3k health as a pally at 19. As well as a Riftwalker (most talents dumped into) 29 rogue.

Thank you for reading my post - I hope that it does come back at some point.

Kind regards,
    Deathcat

Ascendant

Yeah, because it's so much fun for all the x0-x8 level players to get crushed by a group of x9s that are each 3x as powerful as the legit players.

They pulled this from the game because it divides players into two groups - those doing the twinking, and those losing PVP matches. Mentoring is an improvement in that it accomplishes the goals of xp lock without allowing the exploitation of it. Don't hold your breath waiting for them to make the game less fun for the majority of players.
    Last edited by Ancem; 02-08-2013 at 03:05 PM.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

There is about a 0% chance that level locking will make a return to allow twinking. While it was fun for a small subset of people, it was ultimately destructive for the game.

~Daglar

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    There is about a 0% chance that level locking will make a return to allow twinking. While it was fun for a small subset of people, it was ultimately destructive for the game.

~Daglar
    I honestly just want it for dueling. I don't really care for WFs on a low level now that healers are disgustingly over powered. Also, you guys could put xp off and xp on WFs into different groups like wow has it. works good there (besides the fact that 90% of twinks in wow don't know how to play their class and are barely geared at all.)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ancem View Post
    Yeah, because it's so much fun for all the x0-x8 level players to get crushed by a group of x9s that are each 3x as powerful as the legit players.

They pulled this from the game because it divides players into two groups - those doing the twinking, and those losing PVP matches. Mentoring is an improvement in that it accomplishes the goals of xp lock without allowing the exploitation of it. Don't hold your breath waiting for them to make the game less fun for the majority of players.
    Wow... nice way to attack me saying it as if i am an exploiter. I DO NOT exploit. The only sympathy I do not have, is for cheaters. And you are trying to say I am in this group. I was a counter twink, not a kill all the 0's.

~Daglar
    thanks .... xp lock was awful at wfs

Champion

~Daglar
    Can I get a hallelujah? Can I get an amen? That level locking business SUCKED for everyone who didn't play 24/7! It was nice as a stopgap measure until mentoring was released, but it wasn't worth it for a regular joe to enter a warfront during that time. You'd just be worthless, everyone would kill you, and no skill reigned.

Soulwalker

To add to that... 10-19 Tact rogues are pretty much as powerful as twinks were in that bracket.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rythandil View Post
    Can I get a hallelujah? Can I get an amen? That level locking business SUCKED for everyone who didn't play 24/7! It was nice as a stopgap measure until mentoring was released, but it wasn't worth it for a regular joe to enter a warfront during that time. You'd just be worthless, everyone would kill you, and no skill reigned.
    Equally geared and in duels skill did

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcat View Post
    Sure, if equally geared. And duels. But warfronts aren't as controlled an environment. The whole 1-49 range while levelling was miserable if you felt a whim and jumped in a warfront. There were several burly men and women just waiting to...well...you know. ;P

So arrange to duel people who are equally geared with you. Mentoring exists.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    So arrange to duel people who are equally geared with you. Mentoring exists.
    Stats don't work with gear as mentored.... Mentoring down and actually being the level with the gear for it is better than just mentoring. "Look at me. I'm a 60 dueling level 19s as a 19." Doesn't sound fun.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rythandil View Post
    Sure, if equally geared. And duels. But warfronts aren't as controlled an environment. The whole 1-49 range while levelling was miserable if you felt a whim and jumped in a warfront. There were several burly men and women just waiting to...well...you know. ;P
    The issue was that when twinking was ingame, there were level 49 warriors with over 10k health. at the time a really amazing 50 was 15-20k health I think. if that. Only difference is that the 50s had more than just health stacked.

Ascendant

Wow... nice way to attack me saying it as if i am an exploiter. I DO NOT exploit. The only sympathy I do not have, is for cheaters. And you are trying to say I am in this group. I was a counter twink, not a kill all the 0's.
    New to the internet? A thicker skin is required.

I don't care whether you cheated or not. There were legitimate reasons to remove it from the game, and you have Word of God itself that these were the reasons why twinking was removed, and will not come back. Because there are no twinks, there is no need for counter-twinking. Rejoice! Victory is ours!

Soulwalker

New to the internet? A thicker skin is required.

I don't care whether you cheated or not. There were legitimate reasons to remove it from the game, and you have Word of God itself that these were the reasons why twinking was removed, and will not come back. Because there are no twinks, there is no need for counter-twinking. Rejoice! Victory is ours!
    Lol. They could do xp off and on WF groups. Already messaged Dalgar and he said no. I respect his decision, but I like to max out low level characters. He said that he will not waste time and money to make it that way. Yeah, I really expected that response. I wish he would give it an attempt in the future rather than saying "Um, no. we had too many cry babies."

I know these things aren't free, but twinking is a community (if it isn't run by the people that play twinks on WoW nowadays...)

He said no, so it'll probably never happen until he is replaced or quits - even then, probably not.(doubt either will happen unless he has issues at the moment he isn't letting anyone know about - DO NOT start rumors.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast