+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Separoth
  • 2 Post By Kyera
  • 3 Post By dday
  • 1 Post By deschain5585
  • 1 Post By Misun
  • 1 Post By Charlice
  • 1 Post By Eughe
  • 1 Post By Hartzekar
  • 1 Post By Separoth
  • 1 Post By ziboo

Thread: Warfront Reward Mercenary Equipment Cache - Needs some tweaking for more just rewards

  1. #1
    Telaran Separoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    61

    Default Warfront Reward Mercenary Equipment Cache - Needs some tweaking for more just rewards

    This request fits here more than the suggestion forums or general forums I believe. Read on...

    Just curious if the PVP/Warfront community would like an improvement on the Mercenary Equipment Cache rewards. I find myself from the beginning selling these items for the platinum/gold value as they have never been worth an equipment slot as my current items are always better and I am not a runebreaker so breaking these items is not an option either.

    Is anyone else experiencing this and should this reward system be improved, if it should be improved what would be an easy Trion fix?

    I will offer some suggestions on my behalf that would be adequate and easy to implement (so I perceive).

    1. Offer a random level equivalent artifact. (For the life of me I cannot find some of these and the auction house is the only other option.)
    2. Offer one infinity stone. (Cant get enough of these for my casual playing hours and one infinity stone would not break the bank)
    3. Offer one token towards a new PVP/Warfront mount. (The ascend a friend mount and the lava raptor are cool mounts that I will most likely never have, would be nice to have a way to acquire these even if the cost is extremely high for example the Port Scion rep mount which took a long time to get).


    Any feedback or additional EASY fixes for Trion would be welcome, not trying to take to much development time but rewards should be rewards and have some value to the majority of players participating.
    Thank you Trion for all the hard work, greatest game this old gamer has played for so many years and it keeps getting better.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    I actually wouldn't mind getting an IS out of it.

    I just runebreak whatever I pull now, mind you, which isn't bad... but I don't have the time left to get the recipes that matter so I haven't been in a real rush to level RC, heh.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  3. #3
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    i wish they gave pvp useful things like weapon stones, healing pots, ect..

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    40

    Default Wf boxes

    New stuff in the boxes would be nice, but I'd like to see the rewards already in them looked at first.

    On my mage, I'm getting cloth gear with cleric stats (wis way higher than int), and on my warrior I receive plate gear with much higher dex than strength. So this gear end up going to a vendor. This is the same on all blue reward caches though tbh.

    I simple chance would be to give us an option to trade the pvp reward chest in for extra favor (I'm thinking around the 4-5k mark at higher lvls) and maybe IA/dungeon caches in for sourcestones. Nothing huge, just a few if we don't want the chests.

  5. #5
    Telaran Separoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deschain5585 View Post
    New stuff in the boxes would be nice, but I'd like to see the rewards already in them looked at first.

    On my mage, I'm getting cloth gear with cleric stats (wis way higher than int), and on my warrior I receive plate gear with much higher dex than strength. So this gear end up going to a vendor. This is the same on all blue reward caches though tbh.

    I simple chance would be to give us an option to trade the pvp reward chest in for extra favor (I'm thinking around the 4-5k mark at higher lvls) and maybe IA/dungeon caches in for sourcestones. Nothing huge, just a few if we don't want the chests.
    Yes I would be in favor at looking at the current eq to make it useful, like you said some of the gear we get does not even pertain to our class and it is soulbound. Whatever is the easiest fix for Trion as I understand development time is precious, just make the reward so it is actually useful. Thanks for responding!
    Thank you Trion for all the hard work, greatest game this old gamer has played for so many years and it keeps getting better.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    money and pvp consumables please.

    I don't want or need crappy blue gear.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Put Fluffy in it. Ktks.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  8. #8
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    IS, broken down stuff can lead to money if you sell the remains, but IS would be appreciated.

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara Delmlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    I always saw it as income lol

    Free plat for doing nothing out of the norm, just for winning? Sure, crappy blue gear is enough for me haha
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

  10. #10
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Put Fluffy in it. Ktks.
    That would be nice. I saw a Fluffy drop for the first time last week since I started playing Rift in Open Beta.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

  11. #11
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    That would be nice. I saw a Fluffy drop for the first time last week since I started playing Rift in Open Beta.
    Same. I rolled a 90, the winner rolled a 93.

    I can't remember if we won or lost the match, just that it was a hell fun team of players.
    Last edited by Charlice; 02-11-2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: brain fart.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  12. #12
    General of Telara littlepoit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Separoth View Post
    This request fits here more than the suggestion forums or general forums I believe. Read on...

    Just curious if the PVP/Warfront community would like an improvement on the Mercenary Equipment Cache rewards. I find myself from the beginning selling these items for the platinum/gold value as they have never been worth an equipment slot as my current items are always better and I am not a runebreaker so breaking these items is not an option either.

    Is anyone else experiencing this and should this reward system be improved, if it should be improved what would be an easy Trion fix?

    I will offer some suggestions on my behalf that would be adequate and easy to implement (so I perceive).

    1. Offer a random level equivalent artifact. (For the life of me I cannot find some of these and the auction house is the only other option.)
    2. Offer one infinity stone. (Cant get enough of these for my casual playing hours and one infinity stone would not break the bank)
    3. Offer one token towards a new PVP/Warfront mount. (The ascend a friend mount and the lava raptor are cool mounts that I will most likely never have, would be nice to have a way to acquire these even if the cost is extremely high for example the Port Scion rep mount which took a long time to get).


    Any feedback or additional EASY fixes for Trion would be welcome, not trying to take to much development time but rewards should be rewards and have some value to the majority of players participating.
    idea 2 and 3 are great. i see a downside though, it will probably increase the number of AFK players in WF.

  13. #13
    Telaran Separoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    money and pvp consumables please.

    I don't want or need crappy blue gear.
    Yes PVP consumables would be nice and maybe even a great way to introduce a new consumable that could make the battles a little more interesting or even just the standard random PVP consumable would be useful.
    Thank you Trion for all the hard work, greatest game this old gamer has played for so many years and it keeps getting better.

  14. #14
    Telaran ziboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Random rewards would be great - consumables or IS or tokens towards mounts or rune or favor or companion pets or dimension items (they fish them up so ?).

    I like the fact we get the cache, but once you're sixty it's just $$ or runebreak material.
    ziboo
    Hammerfist Clan - Faeblight

    "Never argue with stupid, it drags you down to it's level, then beats you with experience."

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts