+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Shaman Fun in the Codex after patch 2.2. Fluffy, Fun, and Explosive! Video

Default Shaman Fun in the Codex after patch 2.2. Fluffy, Fun, and Explosive! Video

Shaman Fun in the Codex after patch 2.2. Fluffy, Fun, and Explosive! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWIsF...ature=youtu.be
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

Default I really like shaman

As long as I have played the game I have hoped that at some point it would be more useable in pvp. But alas the insight that clearly went into designing its contemporary specs such as Harbinger, were not present. The damage of 61 shaman and 61 harb are roughly approximate, however the gap between survivability and utility is vast. Shaman, like the other cleric trees does not hybridize well with the other trees. Some suggestions to fix this would include removing everything to do with "melee" and weapon based damage, and making all talents based around spell damage. Removing obstacles such as the MoL justicar only damage, to allow for some interplay between the specs, and general housecleaning of awkward mechanics would also go a long way. This post could go on and on but meh.

Tldr; I really see no reason that with three melee specs we cannot have one serviceable pvp spec to compare with the other classes. Mages have one melee spec now, and it is hands down the best designed of the new specs and was, clearly, skillfully integrated with the other mage souls. That considerable insight of design could go a long way if applied to clerics.
    Last edited by Anathemus; 02-08-2013 at 06:00 AM.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

You guys keep saying things like this... Cleric doesnt Hybridize WELL ! All the while clerics have had some of the strongest hybrids in the game.? What gives? If you hybridize tank + damage + healer in a meanigful way you might as well just rename your character Cthulu and become a raid boss. Now I know that might sound appealing to you and the other cleric screaming babies (your avatar?) but in no way would that be good for the game.

Even hybrids between tank and healer are just incredibly strong. And how dare clerics complain all day and all night about things like NB/RS and then say you need that spec too. Think about parity man, clerics have hands down the strongest most desired characters in warfronts with the healing specs. Meanwhile also having some of the best burst in warfronts with Inquis. But all that isnt enough? You also need to have the bestest front line fighter in the warfront too? Basically everyone else should feel like they are doing it wrong by not rolling cleric? Get over it.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 02-08-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    And how dare clerics complain all day and all night about things like NB/RS and then say you need that spec too.
    Signature worthy quote.
    Salace R80 Elzareth R59 Melgria R70+ Gremia L48 EU

Sorry OP, nice vid, looked like fun.

Also +1 for the Pantera
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 02-08-2013 at 07:04 AM.

FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Default I think the operative word in the beginning of your post was...

You guys keep saying things like this... Cleric doesnt Hybridize WELL ! All the while clerics have had some of the strongest hybrids in the game.? What gives? If you hybridize tank + damage + healer in a meanigful way you might as well just rename your character Cthulu and become a raid boss. Now I know that might sound appealing to you and the other cleric screaming babies (your avatar?) but in no way would that be good for the game.

Even hybrids between tank and healer are just incredibly strong. And how dare clerics complain all day and all night about things like NB/RS and then say you need that spec too. Think about parity man, clerics have hands down the strongest most desired characters in warfronts with the healing specs. Meanwhile also having some of the best burst in warfronts with Inquis. But all that isnt enough? You also need to have the bestest front line fighter in the warfront too? Basically everyone else should feel like they are doing it wrong by not rolling cleric? Get over it.
    Had. Clerics have Had some of the better hybrid specs. Currently this is not the case. Feel free to debate on this point, but I won't be the only one calling BS on this. The rest of the post leads me to believe you are likely not a cleric, so I don't plan to get down and dirty theorycrafting with you.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Quote Originally Posted by Anathemus View Post
    Had. Clerics have Had some of the better hybrid specs. Currently this is not the case. Feel free to debate on this point, but I won't be the only one calling BS on this. The rest of the post leads me to believe you are likely not a cleric, so I don't plan to get down and dirty theorycrafting with you.
    I agree with this. PVP Cleric needs an overhall.
    Genny@Greybriar

Plane Touched

but I won't be the only one calling BS on this.
    Obviously.

This is a shame though as the strength of this game is the soul system. For clerics, the amount of non-61 templates, which are viable in PVP is close to 0 (40 defilers maybe ...)

Concerning shaman itself, it is a fun soul if there is enough healing of your side. It has great burst. But the lack of utiliy, and self defense does not make it very optimal.

Always nice to see vids of it.

I do have a cleric, and every iteration of pvp I have played with my cleric I have played with just a rediculously survivable hybrid. I havnt gotten around to leveling him for SL yet, but in every iteration of pvp in rift thus far, clerics have had just beastly hybrids.

Senticar, shammicar, inquisicar, sent/inquis or the "firing mah lazors" build, cab/inquis, i mean just rediculous amounts of hybrids that were Extremely strong for pvp (and pve). I have to believe the cleric community is just missing some super stars that developed most of these specs, or something. Cuz all the while it has been on the forums "Clerics dont hybridize" but in the battle field some hybrid cleric is just owning the place up.

Also I love the comments about no hybrid, and within the comment they bring up one of the strongest hybrids in game. Do you people even pay attention to what is going on around you, or just live in your conjecture?
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 02-08-2013 at 07:38 AM.

Plane Touched

II havnt gotten around to leveling him for SL yet, but in every iteration of pvp in rift thus far, clerics have had just beastly hybrids.

Well don't hesitate to level your cleric and then share the community with you findings.

Also I love the comments about no hybrid, and within the comment they bring up one of the strongest hybrids in game. Do you people even pay attention to what is going on around you, or just live in your conjecture?
    Reading tip : maybe the people complaining about not having the possibility to go hybrid don't have the possibility to go hybrid because the don't play the class which allow to go hybrid?

Shield of Telara

snip
    stop embarassing yourself and don't speak on a topic you have no knowledge of. CLERIC HYBRIDS ARE DEAD IN PVP. pre-hotfix defiler hybrids worked, maaaaybe def/cab still works. that's it.
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

I have tried tons of Hybrid specs mine and others. And they might live 2 seconds longer than Shaman but takes 3 minutes longer to kill something. I would rather kill something and die then basicly running around in a spec that is as useful as being AFK.
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    stop embarassing yourself and don't speak on a topic you have no knowledge of. CLERIC HYBRIDS ARE DEAD IN PVP. pre-hotfix defiler hybrids worked, maaaaybe def/cab still works. that's it.
    ah ok, so they have hybrids that still work. especially since defiler is in itself a hybrid role, gotcha. At any rate, I think clerics are probably doing ok in the warfronts? Oh they dont have awsome healing specs, and awsome damage dealing specs, and are in dire need of more working specs for pvp, just go away. Qleriqs
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 02-08-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Shield of Telara

ah ok, so they have hybrids that still work. especially since defiler is in itself a hybrid role, gotcha. At any rate, I think clerics are probably doing ok in the warfronts? Oh they dont have awsome healing specs, and awsome damage dealing specs, and are in dire need of more working specs for pvp, just go away. Qleriqs
    nobody said clerics didn't do well in warfronts currently. the problem is that they are either 61pt heals, 61pt damage and a glass cannon, or they are useless. there is no middle ground which is what people are looking for.

if you need me to explain it in more simple terms for you i can try
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

Still a good video OP, sorry this discussion is in your thread, it doesnt belong here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast