+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Scion Newbs

Ascendant

Default Scion Newbs

Here's the point lay-out for those of you who just want to win the WF (for weeklies or whatever) and get out. If you just want to farm then all you need to do is fight at bridge.

1) The dragon at south end of bridge is worth 50 points

2) Church boss is worth 100 points and spawns a "hero" that runs around.

3) The idols (2 for each side) are worth 100 points a piece. When an idol is killed, it spawns a mini boss. Kill this boss before the idol respawns.

4) Stones are worth 30 if both of your idols are up. They are worth 20 if one idol is down and 10 if both of your idols are down. This is why it's smart to kill idols. You get 200 points for killing them and make the other team's shards only worth 10.

5) Killing idols also weakens the main boss. If you want to zerg boss to end the game fast, you need to kill both idols (and mini-bosses) before you hit the main boss.

I see so many newbs saying "get to the church and run stones" not realizing that that strategy is flawed if your goal is to simply win the match as quickly as possible.

I personally don't care about PvE objectives (I usually just farm bridge), but I just wanted to clear this up for people who have no idea what they're doing in Scion. I have played this game since early 2011 and Trion STILL has not given clear instructions on what objectives are worth points in Scion. This post should clear it up.

You're implying any of the bads will even listen to advice.

It's obviously their class that's making them not know how scion works.

For the new players who actually want to learn: I love you. Pm me here, on the DYER forums or ingame at daddyfatsac@deepwood if you ever need any help.

Conquest?

I suck at Port Scion, not even gonna lie. lol

[4/4 ToDQ[*]3/4 FT[*]2/5 EE]

No GET THE BRIDGE!!! Get IIIIIIIIT

i dunno why this wf hasn't been renamed to cluster**** at the bridge yet. the name port scion is so misleading
    Last edited by Mire; 02-07-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Default question about scion

where is the bridge?

Champion of Telara

As an addition to this.

Trying to take the bridge from the south end is dumb. There is 1 stone there, there are 3 at the church. Attack bridge from the church side and you cut them off from the 3 stones by default. Then you can bridge zerg as much as you like while being in control of the stones rather than throwing aoe at 8 healers from the other end and watching them rack up points from running the stones.

6) Elites are worth 10 points and solo mobs (not sure about faction guards tbh) are worth 1 point

ie. Just storming and clearing the church first, bottom and top, is ~90 - 100 points (8 elites total. 10+ solo mobs). Course you can have ~200 right off the bat from church if you grab that boss as well. It can be duo'd by any reasonable healer and DPS'er imo. There is 1/5 if your score to win.

As much as I love farming bridge, when I have to win Scion as a weekly, I go all out PvE. Rather get the wins and get it done as fast as possible. Worth keeping an eye on the elites on the top floor for the respawn of 40 free points time to time.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-08-2013 at 01:28 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

This really helped me understand Port Scion. Thank you.
    Genny@Greybriar

General of Telara

i welcome your post.

First time i went to port scion i even asked for explanation of the battleground, nobody answered but everyone QQ'ed for the lost.

This is an extremely noob unfriendly WF.

Quote Originally Posted by azabar View Post
    where is the bridge?
    Its covered by corpses.
    See you all in Wildstar!

I did a Scion in the 50-54 bracket today, and this level 52 guy was telling us to take Church without Bridge, yelling at me for not calling the healers (who were behind about 10 guys on Bridge) and calling out high DPS guys up front, and asked me what the idols were after I suggested abandoning Bridge and attacking idols.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Champion of Telara

Hardly worth mentioning, but I believe the bridge also "trickles" points to the team in possession. It's less points than you could get farming NPCs by yourself, but pretty sure it does exist as some incentive to hold that damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    I did a Scion in the 50-54 bracket today, and this level 52 guy was telling us to take Church without Bridge, yelling at me for not calling the healers (who were behind about 10 guys on Bridge) and calling out high DPS guys up front, and asked me what the idols were after I suggested abandoning Bridge and attacking idols.
    This is what I've seen that works well.

If you don't take bridge Kill Dragon > Kill Cap + Mini > Kill Flux + Mini > Goto Church and kill boss and run Stones.
    If you work as a team you have a ton of points before they know what is happening. Also, you lock them into guarding the bridge.

If you have bridge Kill Dragon > Clear Church > Kill Church Boss > Run Stones > Kill Flux from the top near Church + Mini > Kill Cap + Mini

It would be nice if upon enter it gave a message of what objectives were and the points involved to make players new to the area more aware.
    Genny@Greybriar

From the OP, he makes it sound like there are places in Port Scion other than the bridge. I'm pretty sure he's mistaken on this.

Seriously though, yesterday there was a tight game with my team just a few points away from victory. I wandered upstairs in the church and saw the elites just sitting there, looking just as dopey as all the folks who had passed them by. Solo'd them, won match.

There was another where my team had fallen behind at the end, but someone actually managed to wrangle folks into killing both Idols quickfast and ignoring the Custodian to snake a win. Wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it.

So... back to the bridge?
    Last edited by bitnine; 02-18-2013 at 11:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast